• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens at Patriots Playoff Game Discussion 1/10/15

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is a nice TE, but is about 50% of Gronk. But he will need to be double covered, so agreed. Then they need to account for Vereen on those wheel routes. Good luck with that.

The Pats are healthy and have too many weapons for the Ravens in this game IMO. On this side of the ball, they need to get to Brady with their front 4. Otherwise, they are dead.

Agreed that Miller is not Gronk but in reality the game plan for this one will be so different defensively for the Ravens. The Steelers strength was that of their WR's so it made sense to send as much help to the outside where WR is pretty average in New England while the TE position with both Gronk and Wright combined is the best in the NFL. So really what I see is a lot more guys flooded to the middle of the field by the Ravens to help try and contain those TE's and make the WR's beat one on one coverage for the Pats to have success. We shall see though. Should be a fun game to watch. I honestly have no clue how this one is going to go. My heart obviously as a Bronco fan hopes for the Ravens but just looking at the two teams it is hard seeing how the Ravens win this one.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be a tough game for New England on Saturday afternoon. The difference between this Patriot team and the one that Baltimore beat 2 out of 3 in previous years is that this Patriots team has a defense of their own. New England's offense is also healthy at this time and wasn't the last time they played.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that Miller is not Gronk but in reality the game plan for this one will be so different defensively for the Ravens. The Steelers strength was that of their WR's so it made sense to send as much help to the outside where WR is pretty average in New England while the TE position with both Gronk and Wright combined is the best in the NFL. So really what I see is a lot more guys flooded to the middle of the field by the Ravens to help try and contain those TE's and make the WR's beat one on one coverage for the Pats to have success. We shall see though. Should be a fun game to watch. I honestly have no clue how this one is going to go. My heart obviously as a Bronco fan hopes for the Ravens but just looking at the two teams it is hard seeing how the Ravens win this one.

Have you watched the Pats lately? Not to say he isn't capable of busting out in this game if the match ups dictate, but Wright as been a non-factor for weeks. And although they don't stretch the field like Antonio Brown, I wouldn't call Edelman and LaFell average as a pair.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharkey,.......I just think everyone (esp. The media) are under-estimating the 2014/pats ,......throw the past pats/ravens playoff games =========out the fkkn [window],.....these two teams are heading in opposite directions....!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you watched the Pats lately? Not to say he isn't capable of busting out in this game if the match ups dictate, but Wright as been a non-factor for weeks. And although they don't stretch the field like Antonio Brown, I wouldn't call Edelman and LaFell average as a pair.

I'm not saying they are slouches by any means but there are probably 10-15 WR duos I would take over them in a heart beat and I'm sure many in New England would as well which to me when you fall into that area that puts you at that average WR duo.

I mean just off the top of my head you have Marshall/Jeffrey (Bears), Jones/White (Falcons), Thomas/Sanders (Broncos), Johnson/Tate (Lions), Johnson/Hopkins (Texans), Nelson/Cobb (Packers), Garcon/Jackson (Redskins), Fitzgerald/Floyd (Cardinals), Hilton/Wayne (Colts), Green/Jones or Sanu (Bengals), Bryant/Williams (Cowboys), Smith/Smith (Ravens), Beckham/Cruz (Giants), and Maclin/Matthews (Eagles).

Now yes you could argue a few of those but most I would say are pretty clear to be the better combo. Again saying they are average is not meant as an insult but more just to realize we are in the year of great WR play making it tough to crack that top-10 of receiving cores.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharkey,.......I just think everyone (esp. The media) are under-estimating the 2014/pats ,......throw the past pats/ravens playoff games =========out the fkkn [window],.....these two teams are heading in opposite directions....!

I don't see much difference between this game and the 2012 AFCCG. The Ravens were 8 point dogs then. What are they now? They are no more heading in opposite directions (whatever that means) than they were two years ago.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see much difference between this game and the 2012 AFCCG. The Ravens were 8 point dogs then. What are they now? They are no more heading in opposite directions (whatever that means) than they were two years ago.

Lol failure to see the difference between the Pats now and two years ago is pure homerism!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you can start by comparing the defense of the Pats in '12 to what they put on the field now.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol failure to see the difference between the Pats now and two years ago is pure homerism!

Of course there are differences. Some for the better and some for the worse.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can start by comparing the defense of the Pats in '12 to what they put on the field now.

I'm not quite sure what is so hard to understand. The betting lines aren't set by picking numbers out of a hat. The Pats were just as much a definitive favorite 2 years ago as they are now.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's worse?

Nothing dude. The Pats are literally the most unbeatable machine in the history of the NFL. The Ravens chance of victory is a hundred times less than 0%.

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not quite sure what is so hard to understand. The betting lines aren't set by picking numbers out of a hat. The Pats were just as much a definitive favorite 2 years ago as they are now.

that's all well and good, but what matters is who is on the field. they have better players on the field especially on defense now than they did 2 years ago.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say OL is worse now than they were in 2012 for the Patriots. At the same time Gronk is 100% and the Secondary is much better for New England.

On the other side (now realize this is an outside perspective so don't know these teams as well as my own) I would say the secondary for Baltimore is worse and with the OL issues they are worse now than when they were in the 2012 playoffs. I would also say the TE position is worse with Dennis Pitta done for the season. Now on the flip side with now having Dumervil the pass rush is much improved and really the linebacking core might be the best in the NFL right now.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say OL is worse now than they were in 2012 for the Patriots. At the same time Gronk is 100% and the Secondary is much better for New England.

On the other side (now realize this is an outside perspective so don't know these teams as well as my own) I would say the secondary for Baltimore is worse and with the OL issues they are worse now than when they were in the 2012 playoffs. I would also say the TE position is worse with Dennis Pitta done for the season. Now on the flip side with now having Dumervil the pass rush is much improved and really the linebacking core might be the best in the NFL right now.

The Pats got 9 recs and 83 yards from Hernandez in the 2012 AFCCG, so that's the baseline for how much of difference Gronk will make.

The Ravens had serious concerns/questions coming into the 2012 postseason (until they didn't anymore). They had lost 4 out of 5 games to close the year (including getting shellacked by Denver). I am much more confident in this team.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all present and accounted for at the Pats practice today.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats got 9 recs and 83 yards from Hernandez in the 2012 AFCCG, so that's the baseline for how much of difference Gronk will make.

The Ravens had serious concerns/questions coming into the 2012 postseason (until they didn't anymore). They had lost 4 out of 5 games to close the year (including getting shellacked by Denver). I am much more confident in this team.

So you're comparing AH to Gronk now? :doh:

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing dude. The Pats are literally the most unbeatable machine in the history of the NFL. The Ravens chance of victory is a hundred times less than 0%.

Considering how the Pats stomped a mud hole in several winning teams except for Green Bay, ya pretty damn close. Not saying 0% chance to win. But it's not a sure fire thing like you and and some of media think about the Ravens winning either. At least your brethren Oldschool keeps things in perspective.