• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ravens at Patriots Playoff Game Discussion 1/10/15

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only curiosity is which Pats team we see. Ravens didn't look very scary or together yesterday.

If the Pats can get this ship cruising, we really could have a great run this year. They're talent-wise, the best team in the league right now.

LET'S GO GET THIS DONE PATS!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wasn't impressed with the Steelers yesterday. They made the Raven's defense look like a team of All-Pros. Several differences between the Steelers and the Patriots.....

1. Patriots have two guys who can actually run the football
2. Patriots have three receivers in Edelman, LaFell and Gronkowski, not one primary target.
3. Patriots have a top level secondary that can match up with Steve Smith and Torrey Smith and Miller.
4. This Patriot's team does not have 11 starters on IR.
5. Bill Belichick will have a plan to deal with Ravens on both sides of the ball.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I am the only one who is very concerned about the Ravens, particularly considering the way the Pats finished the season again the AFC East. Hopefully we get the Patriots in their mid-season form.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest & only concern is,do the pats have an O-line on saturday

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's pretty much the story. So impressed with Stork this year. They seem night and day with him and then without him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went over to the Broncos board to what they were saying about getting the Colts next week. They think they can beat the Colts but have some reservations if Luck starts to get hot.

Then a couple of the posters say they hope the Ravens beat the Pats because they'd be an easier opponent. Excuse me? If the Ravens beat the Patriots, how the hell can they be easier to beat than the Patriots?? They go on to say that they hope the Ravens "soften" up the Patriots so that they'll be easier for the Broncos to beat?? "Soften"?? I asked them if that meant 'injure' a couple of players. I asked them if they were serious......

My take is that Bronco fans are terrified of the Broncos having to return to Foxboro. They want to see the Patriots injured if they beat the Ravens. They think the Ravens will be easier at Mile High.

My Patriot response was that I hope the Patriots destroy the Ravens and don't have as much as a sore muscle. As much as I want a Bronco rematch, I hope the Colts pound the shit out of them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigKen that is a just piss poor representation of what was said on the Broncos board. Yes we used the word "soften" in a joking manner as the Ravens are a lot more physical team than any other AFC team still left in the playoffs. I can vouch for every one of those fans on the Bronco board that they would never ever wish injury on any player in the NFL. We want your best just like I hope you want our best if it would happen that we would match up again.

Also of course we would hope the Ravens to beat the Patriots. Why the heck wouldn't we wish that? Yes it is an easier match up for us because it is a home game. The Broncos are 8-0 at home and would be 9-0 at that point. I feel much better about the idea of playing at home even against a team beating the Pats the week before rather than going to Foxboro. Still having said that most of us are still confident we can go into Foxboro and at least give you guys a game of it. We are not terrified of Foxboro. This is a very different team than what was there in November. The run game is the best it has been in years and the defense seems to be clicking.

BigKen I usually like you as a poster but you are way off today on your thoughts and honestly it is very frustrating that you would talk about Bronco fans in the way you have today. Pretty classless to try and represent us that way.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL BigKen! Don't act like Barby!

Bjcanney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all know anything can happen, and while I'm not excited about the Ravens coming to The Razor, these aren't the Ravens of years past.

The Steelers beat the Ravens earlier this year not behind their feature back Le'Veon Bell but rather the power running of Blount. Now the Patriots have him to bust through the defensive line and to keep the Pats Oline aggressive not pass blocking.

The Pats have Gronk as an extra option and a focal point. I don't know what Ravens CB will be able to cover Edelman, then add in Lafell and Wright there are plenty of mismatches.

The Ravens OC is Gary Kubiak, ironically he employed the same offense that the Ravens dominates back in the playoffs when Kubiak was HC of the Texans. Everything comes from the PLay action and if that isn't a threat then the defense can tee off on the pass. The Pats run defense has been good and should be able to contain Forsett and force Flacco to pass right into the strength of the Pats defense. As long as the secondary doesn't give up big plays and tackles well The Smiths shouldn't torch the defense. Then you can stick Collins or risk Chung to cover the TE. All the while taking advantage of the Ravens patch work Oline with variable blitzes and and our pass rushers.

The Patriots are better equipped this year to handle the Ravens, but this won't be a cake walk despite the advantage the Pats have on paper and talent on the field.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest & only concern is,do the pats have an O-line on saturday

Key to the game. Suggs used to eat up Matt Light for lunch and I am fearful he'll do the same to Soldier.

Soldier seems to do better with Connelly as his guard. Let's hope the oline is healthy.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he's talking about bruises and nicks that prevent players from playing well. I don't think it's just a Denver Broncos fan thing even if they are a rotten and despicable bunch.. ;)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...all my fault. I quoted myself and the exact words as written. Of course, I took them out of context and made up the fallicies in my mind.......of course those Bronco fans were just kidding. They would never wish harm on any Patriot player.

If the Ravens can beat the Patriots in Foxboro, then why couldn't they pulverize the Broncos in Mile High?? Are the Broncos unbeatable at home?? Because the Patriots have been unbeatable this season in Foxboro. Bronco fans are so blind that they can't possibly see that the Ravens going to Mile High would be worse than the Broncos going to Foxboro. If the Broncos don't want to go to Foxboro, why the hell would they want a team that beat the Patriots in Foxboro going to Denver??

Don't piss on my head and then tell me it's raining.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-0 at home 4-4 on the road. Why in the world would we be more excited to play in Foxboro than at Mile High? That is just stupid. Even if the Ravens beat the Pats in Foxboro I will feel much better about the Ravens coming to Denver and our chances to win than being on the road. Anybody would be.

Also at the beginning of the year you were predicting the Broncos to have tons of injuries and that is why we would fail this year. So we joke about some bruises and you go into a hissy fit about it. I guess you are the only one allowed to mention injuries to another team. Plus we were just joking around where you were dead serious about it.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...all my fault. I quoted myself and the exact words as written. Of course, I took them out of context and made up the fallicies in my mind.......of course those Bronco fans were just kidding. They would never wish harm on any Patriot player.

If the Ravens can beat the Patriots in Foxboro, then why couldn't they pulverize the Broncos in Mile High?? Are the Broncos unbeatable at home?? Because the Patriots have been unbeatable this season in Foxboro. Bronco fans are so blind that they can't possibly see that the Ravens going to Mile High would be worse than the Broncos going to Foxboro. If the Broncos don't want to go to Foxboro, why the hell would they want a team that beat the Patriots in Foxboro going to Denver??

Don't piss on my head and then tell me it's raining.

Are you trying to tell all of us that you've never heard any fan talk about a team "softening" up a future opponent? As unbelievable as that may be to you, it's about as common as anything on a sports forum like the Hoop. Since you seem to really be in the dark on this one, the premise is that a future opponent may be worn out or mentally drained when they face your team because they had to go through a formidable opponent on their way to your game. It's called fans hoping for any edge that might help their team win.

Also as cdumler points out, what team wouldn't prefer a home game vs. an away game. The Broncos are undefeated at home this year, as are the Patriots. 1) Of course Broncos would rather play at home where they are undefeated. 2) Of course Broncos would rather not play on the road at Foxboro where the Patriots are undefeated. Pretty much 1st grade math here.

The Broncos will have a tall order beating the Patriots on the road if they get there but this team can pull it off. It will be a great championship game if everyone holds serve and hopefully another classic Brady vs. Manning match-up.

No one is pissing on your head but it's certainly possible that you may have stood out in the rain too long. :suds:

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good aggressive hard football leaves opposing players with bruises and sore for an extended period of time. There fore less likely to play as hard the following week.

Softened.

I wish the Steelers had softened the Ravens up a bit more. Not injured, not season ending or career ending, bit more gunshy of big hits from a rested New England team.

I hope Indy and Denver are both softened up for the week after. Soft and sweet like a Vermont Maple Creamy in August.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I am the only one who is very concerned about the Ravens, particularly considering the way the Pats finished the season again the AFC East. Hopefully we get the Patriots in their mid-season form.
....and how we'll did the ravens finish-up their regular season = very subpar...?!,.....I see the pats winning by 2-touchdowns minimum in ~frosty~ Foxboro,.......supposed to be around 16-degrees at night/sat..

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....."how' bout dem cowboys"....!!?

They got it done but now they hit the road where they have played much better.

As for the Ratbirds..that was the one team in the playoffs that really worries me. The Pats always seem to play like shit against them and they may totally expose their o-line.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently .....our game out of the four remaining games next weekend is ranked highest as the most probable-game to have the home-favorite being beat/upset,.......*according to CBS/radio*......good= more bulletin-brd. Material for the pats, not including what WILL come out of some raven's player's ((mouth)) this week..!