• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the 2011 QB Class

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft class was really bad. The defense needs to catch up with the offense on this option read trend that has birthed its way into the NFL.

^^^^^ This. Man what a shitty class. Only 3 of these guys have any sort of talent. The mere fact that you could make an argument for a guy that has played half a season out of 2 as the best of the class tells you how shitty the class was.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton? No way. (If you believe Jack Harbaugh) Proof that Kaepernick was Harbaugh's pick for the draft all along. Now, this might sound obvious, but people had reported that Harbaugh wanted Dalton (?) and was mad that he was picked, moved up to ensure his second guy wasn't taken. Colin was his first choice, he just thought he was waiting too long to get him.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andy Dalton? No way. (If you believe Jack Harbaugh) Proof that Kaepernick was Harbaugh's pick for the draft all along. Now, this might sound obvious, but people had reported that Harbaugh wanted Dalton (?) and was mad that he was picked, moved up to ensure his second guy wasn't taken. Colin was his first choice, he just thought he was waiting too long to get him.

Who is "Caper-Nick"? lol.

Anyway, that is some good sh8. I was one who assumed (based on what I read from post draft 2011 articles) that Dalton was his first choice, and then Colin.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, this wasn't just QBs, but it was a re-do. I'd take our Kaep (coached by Harbaugh) over Newton on any non-Harbauh coached teams because Newton seems more susceptible to a slump than Kaep. On the Niners, I have confidence in Harbaugh that Newton's negatives wouldn't be there, so not sure if that changes anything. If Harbaugh can do this for Kaep, could he do more for Cam long-term or no?

2011 NFL Draft Do-Over: Buffalo Bills scoop up Colin Kaepernick - NFL.com

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok, this wasn't just QBs, but it was a re-do. I'd take our Kaep (coached by Harbaugh) over Newton on any non-Harbauh coached teams because Newton seems more susceptible to a slump than Kaep. On the Niners, I have confidence in Harbaugh that Newton's negatives wouldn't be there, so not sure if that changes anything. If Harbaugh can do this for Kaep, could he do more for Cam long-term or no?

2011 NFL Draft Do-Over: Buffalo Bills scoop up Colin Kaepernick - NFL.com

He lost me when he had Ryan Mallett go 12 overall.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lost me when he had Ryan Mallett go 12 overall.

Ponder > Mallet? Or are you saying no QB at all? Or trade down or pick a different position? Because in reality they picked a QB there and now Bucky is saying another QB... are both Bucky and Minnesota wrong, Minnesota right, or what?

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a redraft, so there's supposed to be the hindsight factor. In hindsight, what on earth has Ryan Mallett shown that says he should have been a first round draft pick? And 12 overall no less?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a redraft, so there's supposed to be the hindsight factor. In hindsight, what on earth has Ryan Mallett shown that says he should have been a first round draft pick? And 12 overall no less?

:smokin:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool, wasn't arguing. I don't know anything about Mallet besides him being on the Patriots. I know many have criticized Ponder, so I thought maybe Mallet might have been favored. But yeah, first round is too high from what I hear, considering when he went in reality, too. I think the redrafter relied too much on the fact that Minnesota was going for a QB as opposed to someone else more valuable at number 12. Not that this justifies any of it, but maybe he added Mallet there because he wasn't doing a two-draft redraft but wanted to say who Minnesota should get somewhere in the draft (2nd or later)? If that's true, that of course puts the whole redraft in question. This would no longer be what should have happened in reality with hindsight and just turns into a lesser hypothetical guess-job by him. I couldn't do better, of course. I'm glad Kaep didn't go third overall - that would mean we didn't have him or would have given up more to get him.