• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the 2011 QB Class

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How? Show me five QBs with a better two season start (stats wise):

58.9%, 9367 total yards, and 63 total TDs.

Thanks Clyde, i think "Sick" was talking out of his a** there for a moment...lol

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rank Cam a bit above Kaep as of right now. Both with equally as high of a ceiling. Lets face it, Kaep is sorrounded by 9 pro bowlers, Cam has none with the exception of Steve Smith as a veteran pro bowl talent. You can't go wrong with either. Both tall, strong, fast, strong arms. I would give Kaep the edge in reading defenses. Pocket passers will be a thing of the past in a couple years.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rank Cam a bit above Kaep as of right now. Both with equally as high of a ceiling. Lets face it, Kaep is sorrounded by 9 pro bowlers, Cam has none with the exception of Steve Smith as a veteran pro bowl talent. You can't go wrong with either. Both tall, strong, fast, strong arms. I would give Kaep the edge in reading defenses. Pocket passers will be a thing of the past in a couple years.

Ooh! I think that is his biggest weakness.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How bad was Cam? Lets compare. Blaine Gabbert was knocked out after his 9th start. Through those nine games he was 1-8 with 9 touchdowns. Newton? 2-7 with 8 touchdowns. Newton is certainly trending down. He was the unanimous best in class before this year, now three others have arguments

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still have Cam #2. Dalton has AJ and AJ makes Dalton look alot better then he really is IMO. Ponder aka Phantom Menace (thanks mem) is 4th and it's not even close IMO

As a Bengal fan, I approve. I'm not even so sure that Dalton is much better than Ponder if you take away AJ

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factoring in gigantic superhuman playoff feats, here's how I see the 2011 quarterbacks ranking:

1. Colin Kaepernick - turns out Smith's benching wasn't about Alex. It was about the unstoppable force behind him.
2. Andy Dalton - 2 playoff appearances in 2 years for a team that was 4-12 before him.
3. Cam Newton - Falling down this list. Only placing him 3rd out of peer pressure. The real number 3 is...
4. Christian Ponder - The last couple games leading into the playoffs showed Ponder is of merit.
5. Jake Locker - Hasn't done much, but he could probably play linebacker if QB doesn't work out.
6. Blaine Gabbert - Alex Smith's understudy next year?
7. T.J. Yates
8. Ryan Mallett
9. Ricky Stanzi
10. Greg McElroy
11. Tyrod Taylor
12. Nathan Enderbe - only unemployed QB of the class.

And Tyrod below Mallett, Stanzi, and McElroy? You crazy. I think it would be fairly easy to argue him #7, behind Yates (who has a playoff win), above Gabbert.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad was Cam? Lets compare. Blaine Gabbert was knocked out after his 9th start. Through those nine games he was 1-8 with 9 touchdowns. Newton? 2-7 with 8 touchdowns. Newton is certainly trending down. He was the unanimous best in class before this year, now three others have arguments

Way to leave out the fact that he then went 5-2 with 11 TD's in his last 7 games.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Way to leave out the fact that he then went 5-2 with 11 TD's in his last 7 games.

See, this is the kind of stuff I think skews the view of QBs. I don't really pay much attention to the stats QBs put up in the end of the season when both their seasons are over and the season of their opponents (like Philly, San Diego, Oakland & New Orleans) are over.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you only pay attention to QB's who have great teams around them? You put Cam on the 9'ers and he wins as many if not more games than Kaep.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"those last 7 games" are what give people like Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary jobs and fans like myself false hope. "But he dominated when it finally didn't matter..."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So you only pay attention to QB's who have great teams around them? You put Cam on the 9'ers and he wins as many if not more games than Kaep.

No, I pay MORE attention to what they did before the season is essentially over for them (and their opponents).

There's really no way to validate or refute what you said about Cam VS Kaep, so I don't see it as a very strong arguement. And Cam actually has a lot of offensive talent around him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would like to believe that Kap is better than Cam; mostly, or perhaps entirely due to bias; but, regardless, your point is irrefutable.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has great RB's but his coach ran Williams less that 11 times in 11 of the 16 games. Newton was throwing over 30 times a game and with a running game like that it is entirely stupid. Also what talent? a 35 year old Steve Smith? Brandon LaFell? Armanti Edwards?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to believe that Kap is better than Cam; mostly, or perhaps entirely due to bias; but, regardless, your point is irrefutable.

I'm not saying Kaep can't be better, he has the talent, but To act like Newton hasn't been overly impressive is insane. Kaep has also only done this over what 8 games? For one of the most talented teams in the league.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Kaep can't be better, he has the talent, but To act like Newton hasn't been overly impressive is insane. Kaep has also only done this over what 8 games? For one of the most talented teams in the league.

Not arguing - agreeing. Agreeing with your point that you have to be able to view a player absent of his surroundings and circumstances.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not arguing - agreeing. Agreeing with your point that you have to be able to view a player absent of his surroundings and circumstances.

Exactly. Kaep has been really impressive. What he did against GB was one of the best single game performances I've seen. But he has one of if not the best O-line in the game, a great running game, Great WR's and a great TE. Like I said Kaep can be great, I just wanna see it for longer.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Kaep has been really impressive. What he did against GB was one of the best single game performances I've seen. But he has one of if not the best O-line in the game, a great running game, Great WR's and a great TE. Like I said Kaep can be great, I just wanna see it for longer.

So do we my brother - so do we.