• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the 2011 QB Class

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Factoring in gigantic superhuman playoff feats, here's how I see the 2011 quarterbacks ranking:

1. Colin Kaepernick - turns out Smith's benching wasn't about Alex. It was about the unstoppable force behind him.
2. Andy Dalton - 2 playoff appearances in 2 years for a team that was 4-12 before him.
3. Cam Newton - Falling down this list. Only placing him 3rd out of peer pressure. The real number 3 is...
4. Christian Ponder - The last couple games leading into the playoffs showed Ponder is of merit.
5. Jake Locker - Hasn't done much, but he could probably play linebacker if QB doesn't work out.
6. Blaine Gabbert - Alex Smith's understudy next year?
7. T.J. Yates
8. Ryan Mallett
9. Ricky Stanzi
10. Greg McElroy
11. Tyrod Taylor
12. Nathan Enderbe - only unemployed QB of the class.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to say that it is too early to all Kaep the class of the class, but then I looked at the competition. Maybe he is class if the class.

Now he just needs to make his own Greatest-Commercial-Ever...

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factoring in gigantic superhuman playoff feats, here's how I see the 2011 quarterbacks ranking:

1. Colin Kaepernick - turns out Smith's benching wasn't about Alex. It was about the unstoppable force behind him.
2. Andy Dalton - 2 playoff appearances in 2 years for a team that was 4-12 before him.
3. Cam Newton - Falling down this list. Only placing him 3rd out of peer pressure. The real number 3 is...
4. Christian Ponder - The last couple games leading into the playoffs showed Ponder is of merit.
5. Jake Locker - Hasn't done much, but he could probably play linebacker if QB doesn't work out.
7. T.J. Yates
8. Ryan Mallett
9. Ricky Stanzi
10. Greg McElroy
11. Tyrod Taylor

I would still have Cam #2. Dalton has AJ and AJ makes Dalton look alot better then he really is IMO. Ponder aka Phantom Menace (thanks mem) is 4th and it's not even close IMO

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
He's more like version 0.8; I think less talented, TBH. He's like a prequel.

The jury is still out on Ponder until after the 3rd season, that's when they really have something to evaluate. I think him and Smith are the same type of QB as well, but I'm not sure Ponder is less talented. If we're rating the two on first 2 seasons in the NFL stats, Ponder is the better of the two.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jury is still out on Ponder until after the 3rd season, that's when they really have something to evaluate. I think him and Smith are the same type of QB as well, but I'm not sure Ponder is less talented. If we're rating the two on first 2 seasons in the NFL stats, Ponder is the better of the two.

Look, no disrespect. I just don't think Ponder has much physical talent. I think Alex-like production is the very best you can hope for with him. That is his max.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

7. T.J. Yates
8. Ryan Mallett
9. Ricky Stanzi
10. Greg McElroy
11. Tyrod Taylor

This draft class was really bad. The defense needs to catch up with the offense on this option read trend that has birthed its way into the NFL.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Look, no disrespect. I just don't think Ponder has much physical talent. I think Alex-like production is the very best you can hope for with him. That is his max.

Exactly what I'm saying.. We won't know until next season if he's going to be an Alex Smith, or if he can step it up a notch.
My reply was stating that Ponder has a better start than Smith had in stats and ratings for their first two seasons. I'm not sold on Ponder yet either, but there's still hope.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reply was stating that Ponder has a better start than Smith had in stats and ratings for their first two seasons. I'm not sold on Ponder yet either, but there's still hope.

There's a ton of factors to consider but just keep in mind that Alex stepped onto one of the ALL-TIME least talented NFL teams.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I'm saying.. We won't know until next season if he's going to be an Alex Smith, or if he can step it up a notch.

Ponder would benefit with better WRs. I'd hope the Vikings are one of the teams going after Greg Jennings this offseason, that helps them in 2 ways... they get a good WR and weaken a division rival.

Jennings and Harvin would be a scary combination, Harvin has a crappy attitude but there is no denying his talent.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Locker is in such a terrible situation in Tennessee.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
There's a ton of factors to consider but just keep in mind that Alex stepped onto one of the ALL-TIME least talented NFL teams.

One of the factors also has to be Ponder had absolutely the worst receiving corp in the NFL this season..That's why it's so hard for me to judge yet.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Ponder would benefit with better WRs. I'd hope the Vikings are one of the teams going after Greg Jennings this offseason, that helps them in 2 ways... they get a good WR and weaken a division rival.

Jennings and Harvin would be a scary combination, Harvin has a crappy attitude but there is no denying his talent.

Jennings would be the guy I would go after hard..
Harvin is a pain in the ass, but very talented. The Vikes will have to decide to put up with his bs and pay him, or put him on the market.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the factors also has to be Ponder had absolutely the worst receiving corp in the NFL this season..That's why it's so hard for me to judge yet.

I'm having Dejavu right now.....

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused why people think Cam is worse than second. How on Earth do you justify Dalton over him? Cam has identical passing stats with a worse supporting cast, all while managing to also run for 700 yards.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Harvin wants out.....

They put him on IR because of his attitude. I say grant him his wish and move on. Not sure what his market value is at the moment, but they should be able to get something decent.