• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs KC in march to #1 draft Pick

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you send Odor up there to face the best closer in the AL in a spot that is pretty irrelevant?

I thought the same thing in the 8th. If you say you are going to rest a guy then rest him. Made no sense at all.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing in the 8th. If you say you are going to rest a guy then rest him. Made no sense at all.

This happens a lot, as far as the planned rest is concerned.

I wouldn't have done it myself b/c like y'all have noted, the guy he was facing is the best in the league.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leery of bringing up and over-exposing a young player. He might be fine, and this may help his development. He also could go through what Michael Choice went - or is that, going through. Maybe a few weeks in the bigs would be a catalyst for springing him forward.

Carp sucks, and there's little doubt of this. But keep in mind we're in our final 50+ games and it's all about 2015 now. But he looked like a AA guy at 1st last night.

Some will hate this, but I think JPA has shown some growth at 1st. He's light years ahead of Carp IMO anyway. Our problem with him is his bat. Can we count on him to hit 25 HRs and drive in 70+? If so, then to have him as a backup at 1st/C and some DH, he may have a spot for next season.

I think JPA is too versatile to get rid of and his utility justify's a roster spot. He could play DH, 1B, and catcher. Not too many guys like that. I'd rather see him DH over the other DH's we've had this season with the exception of Kouzmanoff.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things from ESPN and Calvin Watkins. The first one is what in the world are they talking about and the 2nd is keep it going Teps.

He gave up two home runs, but his velocity was in the mid-90s and he did earn the save, his fifth of the year. Feliz is starting to find a nice little groove in his return as the Rangers' closer.

Tepesch, a Kansas City native, is coming off consecutive no-decisions where the Rangers earned walkoff victories. Over his last three starts, Tepesch has posted a 1.83 ERA over 19 2/3 innings.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm leery of bringing up and over-exposing a young player. He might be fine, and this may help his development. He also could go through what Michael Choice went - or is that, going through. Maybe a few weeks in the bigs would be a catalyst for springing him forward.

Carp sucks, and there's little doubt of this. But keep in mind we're in our final 50+ games and it's all about 2015 now. But he looked like a AA guy at 1st last night.

Some will hate this, but I think JPA has shown some growth at 1st. He's light years ahead of Carp IMO anyway. Our problem with him is his bat. Can we count on him to hit 25 HRs and drive in 70+? If so, then to have him as a backup at 1st/C and some DH, he may have a spot for next season.

Well since Fielder and Moreland will be on the team more than likely next year I think now is the perfect time to get his feet wet in the bigs. Rua has been very consistent in the minors and has earned a shot IMO

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since Fielder and Moreland will be on the team more than likely next year I think now is the perfect time to get his feet wet in the bigs. Rua has been very consistent in the minors and has earned a shot IMO

How many of you guys really think MM will be back? I don't think he's earned the right....

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have no faith in JPA helping this team once we are in contention again. If we were planning on being also rans for years then bring on the JPAs and Rosales' of the league, but if we are looking to the future then find out what guys like Rua can do for the rest of this season and next season. Let's find out about Rua and Hoying and maybe a few others eventually. Let's prepare and be as ready as we can when our window opens back up.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many of you guys really think MM will be back? I don't think he's earned the right....
I don't see why JD would be any more ready to give up on Mitch now than he was a year ago.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... What's happened to the Tigers? I'm starting to wonder if they will even be a Wildcard team.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trying not be a dick thing is really tough....I gotta stay the hell away from ESPN man...It's like heroin to me. I know it's not good for my health, but I keep going back!!!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To early to know. Way to many variables to speculate now. DH and 1st base back up are covered now but the question is will these guys be around in 2015? ( Aducci Carp Rios Robertson JPA ) If not MM is cheap.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... What's happened to the Tigers? I'm starting to wonder if they will even be a Wildcard team.
Top that with Seattle playing well, it's going to be tough on them if they don't turn it around.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 7m
Ron Washington said Yu Darvish may miss the upcoming 10-game road trip.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have no faith in JPA helping this team once we are in contention again. If we were planning on being also rans for years then bring on the JPAs and Rosales' of the league, but if we are looking to the future then find out what guys like Rua can do for the rest of this season and next season. Let's find out about Rua and Hoying and maybe a few others eventually. Let's prepare and be as ready as we can when our window opens back up.

Couldn't disagree with you more on Rosales. Can play all 4 INF positions, pinch hit/run, DH - granted he's not all world at any of them - but that versatility is very valuable.

Jury is out on JPA. But my concern was and is, who's going to drive in runs for this team in 2015? This makes him an option to be considered.

We've traditionally had one of the worst benches in the majors. Guys who can play multi positions are a huge plus IMO.

You may be right on Rua. He's gotten about 500 ABs at AA/AAA now, which quite honestly, I didn't think he had that many.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not have a problem with Rosales as our utility guy even if we are in contention. He seems to know what he is doing and would work great in that capacity.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree with you more on Rosales. Can play all 4 INF positions, pinch hit/run, DH - granted he's not all world at any of them - but that versatility is very valuable.

Jury is out on JPA. But my concern was and is, who's going to drive in runs for this team in 2015? This makes him an option to be considered.

We've traditionally had one of the worst benches in the majors. Guys who can play multi positions are a huge plus IMO.

You may be right on Rua. He's gotten about 500 ABs at AA/AAA now, which quite honestly, I didn't think he had that many.

Sorry donaldson as I was typing while you posted about Rosales. Agree on Rosales.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not have a problem with Rosales as our utility guy even if we are in contention. He seems to know what he is doing and would work great in that capacity.

Seems we're on the same page anyway.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing though. :pound:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wastin.....I'm posting nothing more. You go first. haha