• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RANGERS VS CARDINALS WORLD SERIES GAME 1!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think crying about HFA is kind of silly. Hasn't stopped AL teams from winning a number of times. The best team should win no matter what the rules are.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ did alright. Nothing special. His walks killed him. Nothing new for his rather unimpressive postseason history with Texas.

Andrus is not a #2 hitter. Wash will realize this...in the offseason. Too late.

Hamilton is hurt and ineffective and MY, well, what can you say? 1 good game doesn't salvage several terrible ones. So be it.

This is 2010 WS redux. Tomorrow is our season. Go down 0-2 and we'll be joining the Atlanta Braves in some pretty ignominious history. Yuck.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Guess we shouldn't even show up tomorrow.

Get lost please.

Also, pretty obvious who ginger is rooting for lol.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to get butt hurt. Nothin wrong with a little shit talkin. When we win, I fully intend on shoving it down grayghost's throat.

I am glad I came back early on you made the comment that you were glad Carpenters hand didn't get stepped on you wouldn't want the Card fans to have anything to cry about ,,,,,,,,,,,who started the fucking crying,it's a game and this is only the first of 7 there is no elling who will win this

NOW PLEASE TELL ME WHO MENTIONED CRYING FIRST,,,,,,have a nice night

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the contrary Romeo. We BETTER show up tomorrow. And by we I especially mean our 2-3-4 guys. Andrus should be moved down in the order (maybe Murph at the 2 hole?), Josh is obviously hurt, so production will be limited the rest of the way from him, but MY has got to show up more than 1 game a series. Your 2-3-4 guys can't go 0-11 and expect to win. THAT is really where this game was lost tonight...and CJ's wildness.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and smak talk is part of being a fan,,and if you don't give me shit back when your team wins I will be disappointed in you

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RANGERS WILL WIN THE WORLD SERIES...THE CARDS NEEDED THIS GAME JUST TO HAVE A SHOT...THEIR ACE AT HOME AND THEY STILL NEEDED A FEW BOUNCES OF THE BALL TO GET IT DONE WE ARE FINE PEOPLE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad I came back early on you made the comment that you were glad Carpenters hand didn't get stepped on you wouldn't want the Card fans to have anything to cry about ,,,,,,,,,,,who started the fucking crying,it's a game and this is only the first of 7 there is no elling who will win this

NOW PLEASE TELL ME WHO MENTIONED CRYING FIRST,,,,,,have a nice night

I was referring mostly to media excuses that would undoubtedly be made if that had happened. I don't care if you talk shit, just know that I will talk shit back. Nothing personal and nothing serious lol

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely you've got to win on the road in the WS. That's not my beef. Its having to play the bookends of the series not just on the road against a team with an inferior record, its having to play by NL rules for 4 out of 7 games. PH Esteban German in the 7th inning with 2 on and 2 out in a 1 run game is NOT Ranger baseball and not how they got here. I'm surprised the guy is even on the WS roster and Wash inserts him into the most critical AB of the night. That is just not right.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bone gets it.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring mostly to media excuses that would undoubtedly be made if that had happened. I don't care if you talk shit, just know that I will talk shit back. Nothing personal and nothing serious lol

man I expect you talk shit back,I have no hard feelings hell if the Cards win it all it's great if the Rangers win it all they deserve it,I won't think that is great but they had a hell of a season and if they weren't good they wouldn't be here

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be here for game 2 unless you and I do mean you tell me to leave,it's your board

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely you've got to win on the road in the WS. That's not my beef. Its having to play the bookends of the series not just on the road against a team with an inferior record, its having to play by NL rules for 4 out of 7 games. PH Esteban German in the 7th inning with 2 on and 2 out in a 1 run game is NOT Ranger baseball and not how they got here. I'm surprised the guy is even on the WS roster and Wash inserts him into the most critical AB of the night. That is just not right.

That was stupid on Ron's part. There is no reason torrealba shouldn't have been pinching instead of German. That's my big beef tonight. Would it have changed things? No idea. But it would've been a hell of a lot better choice.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be here for game 2 unless you and I do mean you tell me to leave,it's your board

I didn't see anything you posted tonight that would.warrant you being asked to leave. Most of us enjoy good natured bantering. And you're very mild compared to the Angel homers we used to deal with on ESPN.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see anything you posted tonight that would.warrant you being asked to leave. Most of us enjoy good natured bantering. And you're very mild compared to the Angel homers we used to deal with on ESPN.

I try not to be to bad I like getting on here and talking win or lose you won't hear me cry,I'll say this much I do hate losing but I won't tuck tail and leave even if my team is getting hammered,,,

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ron messed up big time ..imo...our only choice after those moves was to PH torreabla for a pitcher and that was it,unless we wanted to make a change for change sake(chavez for gentry) and i would have let murphy hit thats just me and if murphy came through he coulda have hit ogando with the lead and have ogando pitch next inning.....who nows how it would have went but that was my thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted a PH for Murph because Murph's 2 AB's were pretty terrible. Stats show Endy is the better choice but he hasn't played much lately, and Gentry has been a pretty solid player all around. I see no problem with the choice there. Didn't work out obviously, but whatever. Putting German in there was a little puzzling in retrospect, I agreed with it at the time because German was VERY productive in the short amount of time he had this year. In 13 PA, 11 AB, 5 hits, 6 runs, 4 RBI. I'm thinking maybe Wash figured they hadn't scouted this guy as much and maybe that could be an advantage. Who knows, he had to have had a reason. Like I said, I don't really blame Wash at all. It's 2 outs out of 27. Blame the rest of the guys for striking out and hitting weak grounders for the other 25.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 of last 14 game 1 winners have won the WS. That is why tonight's very winnable game was so important. Rangers can buck the trend but with an incompetent Andrus, an ailing Hamilton, and an invisible Young batiing 2-3-4 the odds are stacked against us. Wash has got to mix up the lineup, do something to get the bats going. Carpenter's stuff was not electric tonight and we still couldn't get to him. This series is still winnable but game 2 is a must win.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 of last 14 game 1 winners have won the WS. That is why tonight's very winnable game was so important. Rangers can buck the trend but with an incompetent Andrus, an ailing Hamilton, and an invisible Young batiing 2-3-4 the odds are stacked against us. Wash has got to mix up the lineup, do something to get the bats going. Carpenter's stuff was not electric tonight and we still couldn't get to him. This series is still winnable but game 2 is a must win.

So was last night against Carpenter more winnable than tonight against Garcia? I don't think it was. I think we're going to light Garcia up tonight! We're not the Phillies or Brewers! Take a look at what Garcia has done against AL teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it this way.... against potentially the Rangers worst postseason pitcher this year (CJ)... the Cards were only able to push across 3 runs in 6 innings. (And this coming from a team that "supposedly" crushes left handed hitting). Positive note 1.

Meanwhile, against the "true ace" between the 2 teams... the Rangers were able to push across 2 in 6 innings. Positive note 2.

I like the Rangers chances. My initial pick was TX in 5..... and while it still could happen... i'm starting to believe in Nolan's pick. lol.

All this talk about the Cards being hot... guess what? The Rays were hot. The Rays might have had the best pitching staff (at least the best youngest pitching staff) in the postseason. The Tigers were hot... Guess who beat'em?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ehhhhh... with the next 3 (after tonights game) in Arlington... I would still like the Rangers chances if they lost tonight.

That said.... arent all games in the postseason "must wins"?