• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RANGERS VS CARDINALS WORLD SERIES GAME 1!

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington defending those crazy pinch hit substitutions on MLB tv. Neither of those guys had a snowballs chance in hell against as McCarver calls him, Scrabble.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why can't Cruz learn the headfirst dive. Every other corner outfielder in baseball seems to do it, why doesn't Cruz? That was a catchable ball.

Because he's fat lol

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with the Gentry PH. But you've got to take the bat off your shoulder on a called 3rd strike. German? No excuse whatsoever for putting THAT guy in THAT situation. Wash overmanaged...nothing new.

Of course, if the most ridiculous rule in all of sports weren't in effect, that being ASG winner gets home field, then the Rangers, by virtue of their 96 wins to the Cards 90 wins, would have opened up in Arlington, and we wouldn't have had to worry about 7th inning crucial game substitutions for our pitcher coming back to nail us until games 3-5 in St Louis. But I digress.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i knew this was the cards best chance to win a game,,, they had some breaks but i still think the rangers will win 4 out of the next 5,,,,if we would have gotten this win i was thinking we could have swept the cards, not worried but could be tomorrow

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
See ya tomorrow night Rangers fans. Let's hope Lewis is better than Wilson. History says that he will be.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can live with the Gentry PH. But you've got to take the bat off your shoulder on a called 3rd strike. German? No excuse whatsoever for putting THAT guy in THAT situation. Wash overmanaged...nothing new.

Of course, if the most ridiculous rule in all of sports weren't in effect, that being ASG winner gets home field, then the Rangers, by virtue of their 96 wins to the Cards 90 wins, would have opened up in Arlington, and we wouldn't have had to worry about 7th inning crucial game substitutions for our pitcher coming back to nail us until games 3-5 in St Louis. But I digress.

this, ive always hated that rule change and yes ron fucked up

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why can't Cruz learn the headfirst dive. Every other corner outfielder in baseball seems to do it, why doesn't Cruz? That was a catchable ball.

Bullshit.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was catchable on the dive Falfa. Watch it again.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

I am agreeing with you. Cruz made a terrific play there to knock the ball down and hold it to one run. What people should have a problem with is Ogando catching to much plate there with 2 strikes. But it is sport and all you can ask is for guys to give it there all. These guys laid it all on the line tonight and came up a tad short.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I had no problem with the Giants having home field last year. They had a better record than Texas. But finishing with 6 more wins than your WS opponent and not having homefield advantage is absurdity of the highest order. Not a single ounce of logical reasoning for it.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The way I remember it the team with the best record wasn't the team that got home field advantage. It alternated every year.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz went for the catch and missed it. He was very lucky the ball caugh ta part of his foot and stayed in front of him. But he was going for the catch all the way.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I had no problem with the Giants having home field last year. They had a better record than Texas. But finishing with 6 more wins than your WS opponent and not having homefield advantage is absurdity of the highest order. Not a single ounce of logical reasoning for it.

And yet, it never has been this way.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true Ginger up until the infamous "tie" ASG. But even that was random and not meritorious of the team that had earned it on the field. NBA and NHL both award home court/ice advantage in the Finals to the team with the better record. Why can't MLB follow suit? Instead Selig awards it to the winner of an exhibition game that has no bearing whatsoever on standings at all! The Rangers EARNED hfa in this WS with respect to the Cardinals because they had a better regular season. And considering the huge disadvantage AL teams have in NL cities, it plays a big part in the flow and competitiveness of the series.