• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers vs. Astros 5/12-5/14

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still choose to believe that? Fine by me. I'm done talking about it, except to tell people to STFU about Cruz

I'm not sure how I have a chosen to believe anything. That's the facts as we know them. If we made Cruz another offer there is no record of it... I'm not going to assume when did when JD publically said he expected Cruz to sign elsewhere. Seems like the ones making the assumption that an offer was in fact made are the ones choosing to believe anything. Reguardless... I'm almost as sick of saying this as you are of hearing it... so I will drop it as well. I don't see why talking about him is off limits though... the guy is a huge part of this teams history.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow how he choose to leave... sure he passed on the QO but beyond that we never made any evother formal offers. We choose to pursue Choo. At no point did he have a choice because he never had offers from the same team at the same time.

Also, I definitely believe that playing the OF would have influenced his decision but he never really had that decision to make... the O's were the only team to make an offer. So I don't see how this was his excuse to leave... As again a counter offer was never made to even warrant an excuse.

You don't have any idea how negotiations went with Cruz or to what extent we stayed in contact with him.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I have a chosen to believe anything. That's the facts as we know them. If we made Cruz another offer there is no record of it... I'm not going to assume when did when JD publically said he expected Cruz to sign elsewhere. Seems like the ones making the assumption that an offer was in fact made are the ones choosing to believe anything. Reguardless... I'm almost as sick of saying this as you are of hearing it... so I will drop it as well. I don't see see talking about him is off limits though... the guy is a huge part of this teams history.

He's gone, get over it

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our rotation by tomorrow could be something along the lines of : Yu, Ross, Tepesch, Lewis, and Martinez. That's depressing.

crap... I missed the first part of the game... did Harry get hurt?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I have a chosen to believe anything. That's the facts as we know them. If we made Cruz another offer there is no record of it... I'm not going to assume when did when JD publically said he expected Cruz to sign elsewhere. Seems like the ones making the assumption that an offer was in fact made are the ones choosing to believe anything. Reguardless... I'm almost as sick of saying this as you are of hearing it... so I will drop it as well. I don't see why talking about him is off limits though... the guy is a huge part of this teams history.

Because it's history, and the guy is producing more than anyone in our line-up which makes me mad.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to hate this Detroit series coming up next week. Seeing Kinsler hit and Nathan saving.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COL seems to be having a harder time scoring runs lately. We obviously caught them at the worst time. There are just a lot of unlucky things happening to us. You just have to hope that they will turn around, and that it's not too late if they do.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have any idea how negotiations went with Cruz or to what extent we stayed in contact with him.

He's gone, get over it

It's a possibility we did make an offer to him but there is no record of it and there is a record of us saying we were out on him... so I tend to believe that. We choose to move on which is fine and I am over that and satisfied with Choo. What I don't get is all the finger pointing at Cruz that goes on about the whole thing... I still like him and will stick up for him. What Romeo said goes both ways... no reason to hold a grudge or insult his intelligence or try to justify the F'S actions. I get they needed to make a choice and I still think overall they made the right one but I still appreciate what Cruz did for us while he was here.

Honestly going to try to drop this now though... it does seem to bother several of you.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a possibility we did make an offer to him but there is no record of it and there is a record of us saying we were out on him... so I tend to believe that. We choose to move on which is fine and I am over that and satisfied with Choo. What I don't get is all the finger pointing at Cruz that goes on about the whole thing... I still like him and will stick up for him. What Romeo said goes both ways... no reason to hold a grudge or insult his intelligence or try to justify the F'S actions. I get they needed to make a choice and I still think overall they made the right one but I still appreciate what Cruz did for us while he was here.

Honestly going to try to drop this now though... it does seem to bother several of you.

Yeah, there was also a record of us saying we were out on Greinke. Come to find out us and LA went to the wire with him.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back stiffness, and his velocity was really low.

Back stiffened up on him

Oh, man thats no good. Back issues are the worst... had some fears about this sort of thing the moment I heard he would need surgery. Hopefully it's nothing big... we really need him to be the old Harry again and play out his contract.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there was also a record of us saying we were out on Greinke. Come to find out us and LA went to the wire with him.

That's true as well and what your are saying is really a possibility. But it's not like this was an huge long contract offer like Greinke got and there evidently was not a lot of suitors. This was just a short relatively cheap one year deal.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think that Keuchel is doing anything amazing? He looks good, but not this good. Our approach is terrible. Early on we take a lot of pitches and were down 0-2 a lot. That's tonight and last night. Now we're going up there and swinging at everything.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is really good at one thing................. Getting blown out.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't hold a grudge at all, I was indifferent to him leaving, but I do think it was dumb to pass on the QO to begin with

But to question the FO on this is just stupid, they made the offer and he rejected it, we moved on to Choo as a long term replacement (which is actually looking like a good move this year), and he signed elsewhere

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut out by the Astros. And it still doesn't seem we hit rock bottom yet.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut out by the Astros. And it still doesn't seem we hit rock bottom yet.

To make matters worse, Oakland keeps rolling along. I gotta say though, it's weird how nobody throws their ace against Oakland, but everybody throws their ace against us. We saw Lester this weekend, Feldman tomorrow, Buerhle this weekend with the Jays. Oakland didn't have to face Strasburg from the Nats, they won't face Sale, they won't see Price from TB. It seems like teams bear down on us and take the A's lightly.