• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Visit the Dodgers For Three Games June 11-13

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have felt for a while as we get pitchers back that Dunning and Heaney go to the pen.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have let Dunning face another batter after the way he pitched to Rojas.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urena my go to the pen before Dunning I think I would have let Dunning face one more batter after the way he pitched to Rojas.
I thought about Urena but I like what he has done overall and I think he will be joining Dunning and Heaney in the pen eventually. Dunning started out of the pen last year and in his 1st 15 1/3 innings he gave up 0 earned runs. So I was kind of basing it on the fact not just that I think Urena has pitched surprisingly well but that Dunning has had success pitching out of the pen. But I can understand your line of thought and really can't disagree with it.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not be surprised if the Rangers get swept in this series.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are not a serious team this year. Watching Anderson quite literally throw BP tonite should be humiliating to any team but Bochy seems content to have a very bad season. I didn't expect a repeat but they look like they would struggle in AAA.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Garcia,Heim, Semien, Lowe and Seager start hitting on a regular basis, nothing will change. Jung's return won't matter much if these guys do not perform at a higher level. Pitching has done well condidering all things but that has not seemed to make much difference either with lack of runs scored.

Bottom line is the offense MUST get back on track or else nothing else will win many games. Bochy has made too many mistakes imo. Grossman is one of them and Kindzer is another. Failure to bring Huff up has hurt also. I know Bochy's record and it is a great one but I believe he can and has slipped same as some players have done.

Now having said all that, all is not lost. Hitters may turn around on a dime. Injured pitchers will be returning as well as Jung. Hopefully this will mentally be a life saving state of mind that will be rewarding. I will remain a fan either way. Bet you will too. Go RANGERS.

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the two best bench players, Duran and Smith, become starters due to injury, Grossman is about all left. CY has something to think about.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until Garcia,Heim, Semien, Lowe and Seager start hitting on a regular basis, nothing will change. Jung's return won't matter much if these guys do not perform at a higher level. Pitching has done well condidering all things but that has not seemed to make much difference either with lack of runs scored.

Bottom line is the offense MUST get back on track or else nothing else will win many games. Bochy has made too many mistakes imo. Grossman is one of them and Kindzer is another. Failure to bring Huff up has hurt also. I know Bochy's record and it is a great one but I believe he can and has slipped same as some players have done.

Now having said all that, all is not lost. Hitters may turn around on a dime. Injured pitchers will be returning as well as Jung. Hopefully this will mentally be a life saving state of mind that will be rewarding. I will remain a fan either way. Bet you will too. Go RANGERS.
You are a great fan sir

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the next series against the Mariners
I'm expecting a 1-5 road trip. And then a 2-5 road trip at end of June ( Milw and Balt). So likely 10 games under .500 by July 1 and time to be sellers.

Again...I'm not losing any sleep over this season and am already looking forward to 25. Hopefully we can unload Scherzer, Garcia, Lowe, and or Tavares for some prospects, get Carters back fixed even if it means missing the rest of the season, and get deGrom around 6 starts to set him up for next season.

I wanted to be competitive this year. But too many injuries, championship hangover, and for some reason the offense is absurdly awful no matter what lineup is out there.
It's hard to watch but they are my team and flags fly forever.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not be surprised if the Rangers get swept in this series.

Walker Buehler on the mound tonight for L.A. He could be lights out, or could get lit up. It's a crapshoot with that guy. Texas still hasn't listed a starting pitcher.

I'm going to tonight's game. Dodgers stadium is always a blast. Good luck.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gray hasn’t given up a homer on the road and only 2 this season. Rangers are 19-6 when not giving up a HR but that Dodger lineup is fierce. Tonight is probably the best chance to win a game in this series.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I enjoyed your post. Agree with everything your saying because for the most part the pitching has been good enough to win us games except for last night and a few other games.
I expected Jung to have a big year and his absence has been felt but as you said in your opening paragraph those 5 players have come up short and that is too much productivity loss.
Along with Grossman and Kindzer being mistakes I thought not trading Tavares was a mistake. He had some value after the W.S. but has little now if any.
I am not feeling good about the rest of the year but no matter what I will still follow team.