• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Toronto For Three Games July 26-28

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched many Sox games but they have 2 really good pitchers::Robert is legit but fine

It seems this board is resentful we played them and won even if cheap wins.

Guess you want us to lose so we can have lots of prospects who look good on paper but don’t get it done because our manager is biased. And they are victims. Lol. Ok
There have been lots of teams with 2 really good pitchers that were terrible teams.

Why all of a sudden are you a White Sox fan?

It's okay, go ahead and act as if I can only concern myself with accumulating prospects if that makes you feel better.

I know it was a good thing we had prospects last year, both to trade for Montgomery and Stratton with, and to bring up to save the season when Adolis was hurt.

As far as me blaming prospects not getting it done because of Bochy, I only said that about him not playing Huff more and about Bradford not even being given a chance to start when he gets back. Lol, neither of them failed at getting the job done. Huff has really good big league numbers and has gotten the job done. Bradford pitched better than any starter has this year, so he got it done too. So that claim is hilarious.

What has gotten you so upset this evening? It wasn't the fault of anyone on here, whatever it was.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn McFarland wrote an article about who the Rangers could target. This one seemed like the best fit.

The excelling rental​

Washington OF Jesse Winker: Winker is a 30-year-old on an expiring contract and the fourth-place Washington Nationals only signed him to a minor league deal in February. He’d be, by those standards, a relatively cheap options despite an .845 OPS vs. right-handed pitching (the 34th-best mark in baseball).

His 15.1% walk percentage against righties is the seventh-best leaguewide. His on base percentage (.390) ranks 13th. He hardly chases pitches out of the zone. Think of him as a version of Robbie Grossman that excels vs. right-handed pitching instead of left-handers. He has a strong arm and would likely see time in left field or at designated hitter if Texas were to acquire him.

He wouldn’t cost as much as Rooker — both financially and assets-wise — either.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the Astros during their initial tank was worse
Early 70s Rangers and Mets worse
ChiSox had good pitching

We have a ways to go
Enjoy the ride if we can avoid too much stress
The Whitesox are definitely in the discussion.Their lineup is atrocious. Have to see where they finish. If they lose 120 games that would seem unthinkable in modern day baseball.
My frustration comes from thinking were back into this and then we lay an egg tonight. This has happened a few times duringm the last few weeks
My worry is that we run out of time before we get Jung back to where he was at the beginning of the season.
I felt he was going to have a break out season. To me his impact would have been the difference of us not being in first place right now. He was doing just fine before the Injury.
Rangers have to get the next 2 from Toronto and will see where we are

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The White Sox are on pace to win 41 games. Those early 70s Rangers were better than that, and they had those great Oakland teams to play a lot of games against.
That's what I thought. 120 losses seems impossible in modern day baseball and the Whitesox are one of the worst teams I have seen in a long time

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched many Sox games but they have 2 really good pitchers::Robert is legit but fine

It seems this board is resentful we played them and won even if cheap wins.

Guess you want us to lose so we can have lots of prospects who look good on paper but don’t get it done because our manager is biased. And they are victims. Lol. Ok
I don’t think we’re are resentful that they beat the Whites Sox. It’s how they won. The Rangers offense has been bad against good and bad pitchers all season. Crochet one of there good pitchers only went 4 innings. And the Rangers only scored 3 runs. The last game their pitcher was 1-4 with an over 4 era and the Rangers scored 2 runs. Not good.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Whitesox are definitely in the discussion.Their lineup is atrocious. Have to see where they finish. If they lose 120 games that would seem unthinkable in modern day baseball.
My frustration comes from thinking were back into this and then we lay an egg tonight. This has happened a few times duringm the last few weeks
My worry is that we run out of time before we get Jung back to where he was at the beginning of the season.
I felt he was going to have a break out season. To me his impact would have been the difference of us not being in first place right now. He was doing just fine before the Injury.
Rangers have to get the next 2 from Toronto and will see where we are
The only thing is, had Jung never have been hurt, Smith might not have received enough playing time to show how good he could be this year. Jung would have done well, but I am not sure how much better we would be with Jung minus Smith.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Sox series should have made a statement. We got the sweep but with difficuly that should have been a picnic. Could easily lost three of the four games by not scoring many runs
Exactly. We should have had 3 easy wins instead of 1. Don't get me wrong a win is a win for me when it comes to the Rangers. You can see they can become a good team with a few additions.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we’re are resentful that they beat the Whites Sox. It’s how they won. The Rangers offense has been bad against good and bad pitchers all season. Crochet one of there good pitchers only went 4 innings. And the Rangers only scored 3 runs. The last game their pitcher was 1-4 with an over 4 era and the Rangers scored 2 runs. Not good.
Yeah, I expected them to go 3-1 against the White Sox before I ever knew the pitching matchups. I do give the Rangers credit for sweeping them, because 4 game sweeps are hard even against bad teams. It is just that it was expected that we would win 3 games. I mentioned just before we played the Orioles that
the next 4 series would go something like this.

1-2
3-1
1-2
1-2

So far the Ranger have won 1 more than I thought, and I only thought that based on how this season has gone. It seemed fairly obvious to me. Hopefully, they will prove me to be very wrong and will win 4 of their next 5. Then again, it would not surprise me if we only won 2 of the next 5.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only thing is, had Jung never have been hurt, Smith might not have received enough playing time to show how good he could be this year. Jung would have done well, but I am not sure how much better we would be with Jung minus Smith.
That is a good point about Smith, but I felt Jung was going to get close to 40 hr and between 110-120 RbIs.
He was off to a great start albeit very small sample size. His presence in this lineup would have been huge with some of these tough close losses to the likes of Colorado and Seattle as an example. Know what you mean about Smith. Major improvement over last year. Never counted him out as I remember what he did in the minors. He had a great 22 season with over 20 Hr and a 100 RBIs.
I can't wait to see him and Jung in the lineup together

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good point about Smith, but I felt Jung was going to get close to 40 hr and between 110-120 RbIs.
He was off to a great start albeit very small sample size. His presence in this lineup would have been huge with some of these tough close losses to the likes of Colorado and Seattle as an example. Know what you mean about Smith. Major improvement over last year. Never counted him out as I remember what he did in the minors. He had a great 22 season with over 20 Hr and a 100 RBIs.
I can't wait to see him and Jung in the lineup together
It will be great one day to have Smith, Jung, Carter and Langford all healthy and doing well. Then maybe Walcott can join them a couple of years later.