• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I don't like Hunter Pence, but I just think we can do better

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Garza trade, but I'm not sure the Rangers have the ability to pull off a big name bat now that Olt and Grimm are gone. They aren't going to get much w/o including Profar or Perez, neither of which are going to be traded.

They may pick up some low-mid level right handed bat, but thats about it I think going forward.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol one of the comments on the bottom said " 263 average uh no thanks "

Ah there are other stats to be considered. He is batting .316 against LHP one of them. I am sure the stats geeks on this site can cite more.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think we gotta give it 5 more days for a better look at the positions of all teams

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Garza trade, but I'm not sure the Rangers have the ability to pull off a big name bat now that Olt and Grimm are gone. They aren't going to get much w/o including Profar or Perez, neither of which are going to be traded.

They may pick up some low-mid level right handed bat, but thats about it I think going forward.

Grimm was never a hot commodity to begin with and Texas still has a very deep farm system.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the right player is made available, neither Profar nor Perez is untouchable. Not saying that it's likely, but if Marlins balk at the deadline and make Stanton available, Profar would be gone in a heartbeat.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the right player is made available, neither Profar nor Perez is untouchable. Not saying that it's likely, but if Marlins balk at the deadline and make Stanton available, Profar would be gone in a heartbeat.

Profar yes, Perez I'm not so sure. That dude has mad chops and we need all the premier pitching talent we can get.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there that Milwaukee outfielder we could be pursuing? Gomez, I believe. Probably want too much for him.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grimm was never a hot commodity to begin with and Texas still has a very deep farm system.

No Grimm wasn't, but he did have plenty of MLB exp this season, so that gave him at least the ability to become an instant contributor for the Cubs' big league squad.

The only other player the Rangers have that is of that same ilk is Tepesch, and he doesn't really have the upside that Grimm supposedly had.

IMO, Perez and Profar are untouchable unless someone really blows them away and offers a star, which no one will do.

They badly need a decent power bat that can play the outfield to get Murph out of there.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking gomez as well, but it isnt really that "power" bat that we need.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. If either Grimm or Olt was a hot commodity it was well hidden. I hate to see them lose Neil Rameriz, if he's taken by the Cubs, but the guy is a question mark that at times has struggled at AA ball.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need a power bat, we need people who get on base, get hits with RISP, play solid defense, and are intelligent base runners. There's this misconception that the only way to win is by pounding homeruns. We've got players that can do that. What we don't have enough of is base runners.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. We're missing that guy that can get base clearing hits. We leave more runners on base than God knows who, and our BA with RISP is horrendous. You do that by getting gap to gap RBI hitters, not speed and average hitters. We have enough of those

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I agree with the baserunning, Gary Pettis has been doing a very very poor job in all fairness though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Grimm wasn't, but he did have plenty of MLB exp this season, so that gave him at least the ability to become an instant contributor for the Cubs' big league squad.

The only other player the Rangers have that is of that same ilk is Tepesch, and he doesn't really have the upside that Grimm supposedly had.

IMO, Perez and Profar are untouchable unless someone really blows them away and offers a star, which no one will do.

They badly need a decent power bat that can play the outfield to get Murph out of there.

What do you think Grimm's upside was?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I agree with the baserunning, Gary Pettis has been doing a very very poor job in all fairness though.

Pettit needs to go. I'm not impressed with his OF alignments either.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that the NL west is such a shitty division. Colorado 4 games under .500 and they're only 4 games back... like wtf is that.

at least the dodgers appear to be running away with it as good as they've been playing recently. I'm telling you, the rockies have to be strongly considering selling right now. They really need pitching, and we got great prospects to do it. All I'm saying is, JD has to be at least calling about Cargo. Thats 5 seasons with a monster. He's your new 3 hole. Not only that, but hes quick, explosive, and a great defender. Imagine an outfield with Leonys in center, Cargo in left, and whoever else we want to sign this offseason in right? Or if we're talking this season, nelly in right. That's insane. He makes our entire lineup better.

Kinsler
Leonys
Cargo
Beltre
Nelly
AJ
Manny
Mitch
EA

Cruz and Cargo are pretty replacable though. Just depends what you're more confortable with.
Now I know that had to open some eyes

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ given the price...i'd rather have Cuddyer over Cargo. Plus he's a RH bat.

Cargo is a pipe dream...(much like Stanton)