• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Thought about Manny too ... but since TEX actually needs a position player COF and not someone who runs up scoreboards (or hides inside them) I mentioned Butler. Might pick Manny over Chirinos except again Chirinos is a "force multiplier" since he opens up both Soto and AJ to play every day and Chirnos can play 3b and 1b too.

I don't think Manny owns a glove anymore.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Rosenthal says Rangers are willing to trade Garza. Jeez these guys are in a frenzy to report anything. smh

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't miss here. Either one will fit nicely. Hope there is something solid to this rumor.

I think Toronto laughed at us. Why would they deal either one. They won't. They believe this year was a fluke and they will be back next year. They are not in the rebuilding business given how much they sold last year.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Toronto laughed at us. Why would they deal either one. They won't. They believe this year was a fluke and they will be back next year. They are not in the rebuilding business given how much they sold last year.

True, but they could use either one to restock the farm that they dismantled last offseason.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch they aren't going to compete again and will finally face reality

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am scratching my head at Rosenthal saying we would deal Garza. You don't solve one problem by recreating the previous one you had. Makes no sense at all.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I got a text an hour ago saying that yesterday the rangers and blue jays had a deal "with legs" in getting either bautista or edwin. But as it was being discussed the jays backed out and now they refuse to let go of either one. I don't know if that's why alfaro was pulled, but that's my news for today

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't make a move. There's no doubt we are desperate, but this was foreseeable from the time we didn't push to resign Hamilton. Giving away top Prospects so we can pay someone else's bad contact off for some .280 hitter is absurd. Play it out wait till the winter meetings, and then accept a fair offer instead of trying to buttrape every team we deal with.The Tex deal was great, but every GM saw it. JD isn't going to take anyone else to the cleaners for a while

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't make a move. There's no doubt we are desperate, but this was foreseeable from the time we didn't push to Sep Hamilton. Giving away top Prospects so we can pay someone else's bad contact off for some .280 hitter is absurd. Pay it out wait till the winter meetings, and then accept a fair offer instead of trying to buttrape every team we deal with.The Tex deal was great, but every GM saw it. JD isn't going to take anyone else to the cleaners for a while

I agree. Every other team in the MLB knows we're desperate. They could ask for a REALLY high price right now, then in 2 hours at the last second lower it just a little to make us bite. If we do something, for some reason I feel like its gonna be outrageous price for us

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Dunn?

Please tell me this is a cruel joke.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't make a move. There's no doubt we are desperate, but this was foreseeable from the time we didn't push to resign Hamilton. Giving away top Prospects so we can pay someone else's bad contact off for some .280 hitter is absurd. Play it out wait till the winter meetings, and then accept a fair offer instead of trying to buttrape every team we deal with.The Tex deal was great, but every GM saw it. JD isn't going to take anyone else to the cleaners for a while

Took SEA to the cleaners for Lee. Took BOS to the cleaners for Murphy. :suds:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1:46
Comment From pete
Any chance the Rangers trade for a RH bat?
Jeff Sullivan: Yes, a good one
Jeff Sullivan: They have to be super worried about Berkman at this point, on top of Cruz
Jeff Sullivan: not Berkman on top of Cruz, but you know what I mean

From fangraphs

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, I got a text an hour ago saying that yesterday the rangers and blue jays had a deal "with legs" in getting either bautista or edwin. But as it was being discussed the jays backed out and now they refuse to let go of either one. I don't know if that's why alfaro was pulled, but that's my news for today

I wonder what the reason for backing out is

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Harold Reynold say that there are no available players who can put a team over the top. He used Harold Baines as an example of such a player from the past. Couldn't help but think how poorly that worked out for the Rangers.