• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1:46
Comment From pete
Any chance the Rangers trade for a RH bat?
Jeff Sullivan: Yes, a good one
Jeff Sullivan: They have to be super worried about Berkman at this point, on top of Cruz
Jeff Sullivan: not Berkman on top of Cruz, but you know what I mean

From fangraphs

Well ... I wonder what Sullivan means. To me it is an issue of Cruz+Berkman

Longer this goes on ... I now wonder if TEX is perhaps considering bringing MY back to DH solely? Given the options ... you know they have to be considering it no matter what the fans think of the move.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather the team stick with what they have and possibly miss the playoffs than sacrifice our future for a mid-level bat. To me, you find a way to either get Stanton, Cargo, Encarnacion, or maybe Cuddyer or you do nothing. No matter what it needs to be someone that can make an impact and is locked up for a little while for what it is going to cost. Adam Dunn.... NO!!!!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hearing the Jays are refusing to send Bautista at all. A deal for one of the two wasn't completed, but the major players in it had been named. As they were discussing more of the smaller prospects the blue jays decided that they wanted to keep the player

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hearing the Jays are refusing to send Bautista at all. A deal for one of the two wasn't completed, but the major players in it had been named. As they were discussing more of the smaller prospects the blue jays decided that they wanted to keep the player

Of course. I wonder who it would of been

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that maybe its a tactic the blue jays are using to have JD increase the price at the last minute. But I'm leaning towards the theory that they truly just want to keep them

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that maybe its a tactic the blue jays are using to have JD increase the price at the last minute. But I'm leaning towards the theory that they truly just want to keep them

In which case JD just needs to leak that we are close for a deal for Cargo/Stanton/whoever and see if the jays flinch :)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if it makes you're team better why not? Would the rangers trade holland in deal, then get Norris to make it work? Unlikely. But I don't think I would do that. Just speculating why they had interest in Norris before

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it makes you're team better why not? Would the rangers trade holland in deal, then get Norris to make it work? Unlikely. But I don't think I would do that. Just speculating why they had interest in Norris before

That sounds like a HORRRIBLE idea

Why swap Holland with Norris, are you mad???

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want no part of Norris. I'm sure that's the Astros leaking info to drive up his price.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt they'd get Norris and get rid of Derek... he's their best shot at a good power lefty. And he's cheap. If we're speculating like that, I think its more likely they trade for norris AND THEN send him to the blue jays immediately after getting him. Holland won't get traded or even discussed

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so on profar. They have Jose reyes

Perhaps. but if you can get the guy that you know a LOT of teams want, even if you already have the position covered, you do so IMO.