• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait they were? I missed this. For what reasob?
Mlbtraderumors said they were at the Friday game with Philly scouts. Guess because of our talks of Cuddyear and Young. Nothing came out of it. I'll look for a link.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That matches the sentiment in the Durrett article. I guess I am fine with that. We do have the offensive talent to make the playoffs. It just needs to show up. The meeting RW had last night probably had an agenda item where Wash said "fellas no reinforcements are showing, this is Pork Chop Hill and we go with what we have."

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think the message is that JD and the management group believe TEX has more holes than Rios can fill ... so it would be a waste of prospects to spend on improving this roster.

IMO ... this group lacks the talent in too many spots to get to the post season. Team is staffed with three light hitting CFs, a distracted RF, a LF-only #4 ... no DH ... and a C- performance at 1b.

Only thing I can say is thank goodness they tanked before TEX spent any more talent on rentals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the message is that JD and the management group believe TEX has more holes than Rios can fill ... so it would be a waste of prospects to spend on improving this roster.

IMO ... this group lacks the talent in too many spots to get to the post season. Team is staffed with three light hitting CFs, a distracted RF, a LF-only #4 ... no DH ... and a C- performance at 1b.

Only thing I can say is thank goodness they tanked before TEX spent any more talent on rentals.

They have more than enough talent

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'll stand by my assessment ... I don't agree they have "more than enough talent" on the 25man.

Although ... what I should have said was they are lacking performance in too many spots to waste any more prospects on trying to improve.

If you don't agree with my assessment and that there is "more than enough talent" ... then please ID those guys who are performing above the bar to justify your "more than enough talent" assessment.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stand by my assessment ... I don't agree they have "more than enough talent" on the 25man.

Although ... what I should have said was they are lacking performance in too many spots to waste any more prospects on trying to improve.

If you don't agree with my assessment and that there is "more than enough talent" ... then please ID those guys who are performing above the bar to justify your "more than enough talent" assessment.

Well what about the giants? They don't have the hitting talent the rangers have and still won 2 world series

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think they are deeper right now as far bench players go than the past. But the starters aren't as good or proven IMO. I think there are players we "think" have or will have the talent.

Elvis has had a down year, but Cruz is actually more productive this year than last season, Ian has probably been a little more productive as well.

While I believe there is more talent than we have seen lately, there are a lot of positions on this team that really don't have guys playing that have proven much or have any kind of track record. CF, LF, 1B, DH are all question marks and 3 of those spots you have to get offensive production from. But I think we know Murphy isn't an every day player, Martin/Gentry/Beltre/Baker have never been every day players with any real kind of track record. Moreland still hasn't proven his self in a full season. DH: who is that?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ken_Rosenthal: #Athletics off Peavy, moving onto other pursuits - bullpen, middle IFer. Will dangle some of players they would have traded for Peavy.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they should be hitting better and they'll all tell you and admit it. The issue itself isn't BA, HR's etc...the issues here are RISP. We up that then all of a sudden we're winning a hell of a lot more games.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they should be hitting better and they'll all tell you and admit it. The issue itself isn't BA, HR's etc...the issues here are RISP. We up that then all of a sudden we're winning a hell of a lot more games.

It truly is a "V8 moment" isn't it. Don't quote me as accurate, but browsing the recent box scores, with the exception of two games we have had games where we score 0-3 runs with a 1-12 RISP. You are right the opportunities ARE there.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the indications from JD are true (we are staying pat) this thread will be closed out very soon:)