• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas needs bats....not a middle relief pitcher. If Texas wants Andy Dirks, or Alex Avila....then I am all for it. Just really not excited about getting a 38 year old closer. But, Detroit might be seeing 2013 as an all or nothing year. So......

Nathan Ahle/Triple 7

Autobots, roll out!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying not to slip into desperation trading, but seriously, we need hitters now, or else that favorable August schedule won't help us much. We have a WS rotation and BP, but this offense will kill us if we don't pick up a solid hitter (oh yeah, we also need our guys to hit- props to Elvis for the hitting streak though; too bad the other players stopped hitting just when another got back to being dominant)

Don't worry guys, our Rangers are far from done and we have plenty of opportunity to get back atop the AL West. We are due for some hits to fall through eventually, and maybe a rekindled rivalry with the Angels will be enough to jolt us back into action.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying not to slip into desperation trading, but seriously, we need hitters now, or else that favorable August schedule won't help us much. We have a WS rotation and BP, but this offense will kill us if we don't pick up a solid hitter (oh yeah, we also need our guys to hit- props to Elvis for the hitting streak though; too bad the other players stopped hitting just when another got back to being dominant)

Don't worry guys, our Rangers are far from done and we have plenty of opportunity to get back atop the AL West. We are due for some hits to fall through eventually, and maybe a rekindled rivalry with the Angels will be enough to jolt us back into action.

Crawford would be the perfect 2 hole hitter maybe you could put him 3 so we don't have to see AJ hitting 5th

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas needs bats....not a middle relief pitcher. If Texas wants Andy Dirks, or Alex Avila....then I am all for it. Just really not excited about getting a 38 year old closer. But, Detroit might be seeing 2013 as an all or nothing year. So......

Ask Washington Nationals about playing for Next year, sitting Shrasburg last year??:gaah::gaah:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.Beltre, Nathan & a pitching prospect for Miggy.

Lets start the rumor mill.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.Beltre, Nathan & a pitching prospect for Miggy.

Lets start the rumor mill.

lel. Yeah, I'm thinking that pitching prospect would need to be Yu to get conversations even started. Talk about lighting the media mills on fire though :)

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel. Yeah, I'm thinking that pitching prospect would need to be Yu to get conversations even started. Talk about lighting the media mills on fire though :)

:lol:

Looks like they traded for Veras anyways...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

Looks like they traded for Veras anyways...

Looks like they got an soli relif pitcher but is a upgrade of Beniot?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T.R. Sullivan had this to say in his article, which is probably why JD does not seem confident they will get a bat to help out:

"
Of the Rangers' Top 20 prospects, as ranked by MLB.com, only four have played in Double-A or above this season. Only one of those four -- pitcher Wilmer Font -- is active. Pitchers Roman Mendez and Neil Ramirez are on the disabled list and Cody Buckel is still trying to work out his control issues in Arizona.
The Rangers have young talent at the Major League level but aren't interested in trading away pitcher Martin Perez, infielder Jurickson Profar or outfielder Leonys Martin. Beyond that there is outfielder Engel Beltre, infielder Leury Garcia and Font to bait a trade partner looking for immediate gratification rather than prospects who may be two to three years away.
The Rangers' farm system has taken so many hits from injuries and trades the past two years that the upper levels are down in talent right now. Even if the Rangers wanted to make an impact trade, they would probably be taxed to assemble an attractive package in return without handing over either Perez, Profar or Martin.
Texas is still talking to other clubs as the Deadline approaches, and it may be able to get creative enough to make something happen. The question is if the Rangers can make enough happen to overcome all that has already happened offensively this season."---TR Sullivan

So we may just have to dig in and go with what we have.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers asked about McCann. Said it a long time ago, he's one I'd love to get here if it doesn't cost too much. ATL will lose him in the offseason, so if they could move him now they might. They have plenty of catcher help without him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers asked about McCann. Said it a long time ago, he's one I'd love to get here if it doesn't cost too much. ATL will lose him in the offseason, so if they could move him now they might. They have plenty of catcher help without him.

Yep and they still have evan gattis who can catch

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: