• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I barely beat you to posting it. lol That's okay though because Nick deserves a double posting for an outing like that. We really need him and/or Chi Chi to step it up.

Will this be Colby's last year? If so, it will be Nick or Chi Chi most likely getting a shot at a rotation spot.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His average has actually dropped consistently since May 10th, high of .309 down to .262
I was going to say something about that and his problem is patience at the plate. When he is going bad he swings at a lot of pitches out of the zone and does the pitcher a favor.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a few of his posts and they were very informative. Did he stop posting here or should I ask?...

Yeah, he sure seemed like a good fella, very good poster, and now he's disappeared on us.

I posted a few weeks ago something to the effect of, "Hopefully he's anchored down off the coast of Phuket Thailand and is loving life." Mean this sincerely too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say something about that and his problem is patience at the plate. When he is going bad he swings at a lot of pitches out of the zone and does the pitcher a favor.

Actually, when things are going good, he still swings at a lot of bad pitches. Just who he is I suspect.

As it was pointed out to me, he's only 22 and maybe he'll develop some plate discipline over the next few years. But honestly, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already defied all odds. One year at a time.

He certainly has, and how great is it for us?

I was surprised someone didn't take a chance on him with a 2 year, $18 mil contract last season. I guess with his age, and all the surgeries it makes some sense though. Don't know if he'd left for the bucks or not. But it didn't seem anyone was much interested in him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly he at odds with Bluejays. He wants a long term contract at max money. At 36, the Bluejays don't want to do that.

Well, here's the latest from this mouthy MF:

"Was [Odor] out to play baseball that day? Maybe partly," Bautista told Sports Illustrated in an article to be published Wednesday. "Part of me also thinks that he was looking for a fight."

Bautista maintains that, while his slide was late, he didn't intend to hurt Odor.

"I could have hit him," Bautista told Sports Illustrated. "I could have hurt him. I chose not to. My cleats were down. I slid through the bag. Was it late? Yes, a hundred percent. But what can I do after they hit me? Should I ask my manager to let me pitch, which he is never going to let me do? Like, what am I supposed to do? Just sit there and take it?"

"I've been playing baseball for a long time," Bautista told Sports Illustrated. "I know exactly what he was trying to do when he threw the ball. He tried a hundred percent to hit me in the face. And it's not the first time he's done it against me or some of my teammates. And there's video to prove that."

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Padres really suck..... Blown out in the first game by the Mariners and losing 7-0 bottom of the 3rd. We will need to win at least one more in Cleveland and hope the Padres beat them once.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so sick of this us-against-the-world mentality that the Blow Jays have. What a bunch of miserable sons of bitches.

Why isn't the guy who kicked his ass being interviewed? Most of the time you want to hear from the guy who won the fight don't ya?