• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers to battle the Tribe 5-30,31,6-1

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take "He's not a whiny little bitch and he's moved on" for $400, Alex.

Seriously....I'm getting the "impression" that the Rangers and Odor are being vilified nationally.

And damn it I'm tired of hearing about the fucking bat flip.

First, it wasn't just a bat flip. Second, it wasn't just his bat toss to begin with. Third, everyone in the AL knows either him or his butt-sucking-buddy at 3rd are the two most hated guys in the league.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously....I'm getting the "impression" that the Rangers and Odor are being vilified nationally.

Granted, I don't know what sort of exposure to national media you're experiencing, but I can't say that's the impression I'm getting.

What this seems like to me is a player who is the epitome of a team that thinks everything they do is right and everyone else is wrong, even in situations where the two are one and the same. Bautista got his clock cleaned, plain and simple. He was the butt of a thousand jokes, but the news cycle moved on. And yes, he was asked about it, but he's trying to put this spin on it that somehow absolves all of his behavior. Like everything else that has come out of his mouth, there clearly isn't a strong IQ foundation under it.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somehow the Rangers are considering an option that fucks the team 3 different ways. That's impressive, in a way.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would seem like a mistake to me. Profar needs to play everyday I think.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here's the latest from this mouthy MF:

"Was [Odor] out to play baseball that day? Maybe partly," Bautista told Sports Illustrated in an article to be published Wednesday. "Part of me also thinks that he was looking for a fight."

Bautista maintains that, while his slide was late, he didn't intend to hurt Odor.

"I could have hit him," Bautista told Sports Illustrated. "I could have hurt him. I chose not to. My cleats were down. I slid through the bag. Was it late? Yes, a hundred percent. But what can I do after they hit me? Should I ask my manager to let me pitch, which he is never going to let me do? Like, what am I supposed to do? Just sit there and take it?"

"I've been playing baseball for a long time," Bautista told Sports Illustrated. "I know exactly what he was trying to do when he threw the ball. He tried a hundred percent to hit me in the face. And it's not the first time he's done it against me or some of my teammates. And there's video to prove that."
Bautista started the whole thing. He could just went to the dugout after the slide. Instead he jumped up and got into Odor's face. And acted like he was going to throw a punch. One game suspension was ridiculous.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, I don't know what sort of exposure to national media you're experiencing, but I can't say that's the impression I'm getting.

What this seems like to me is a player who is the epitome of a team that thinks everything they do is right and everyone else is wrong, even in situations where the two are one and the same. Bautista got his clock cleaned, plain and simple. He was the butt of a thousand jokes, but the news cycle moved on. And yes, he was asked about it, but he's trying to put this spin on it that somehow absolves all of his behavior. Like everything else that has come out of his mouth, there clearly isn't a strong IQ foundation under it.

Well, anytime this "situation which won't die" keeps on having legs and our team got a harsh - harsh is in the eye of the beholder - punishment for Odor, a coach and our starting SS suspended for the same length of time as the cocksucker who is the root of it all, well......just label me a tad in the paranoid corner.

I'd love to see Odor take the Nowitzki route when he addressed Mr Wade and company about their mouthing off a few years ago.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hello out thar

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00