• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail Wilhemsen!

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it gives another team a chance sneak in and swoop in on someone we want. Sure JD knows when to pull the trigger and have a contingency plan. Still like to see us go after one of those Ray pitchers.

Things take longer with more players and lawyers involved. Unusual when trade slowly happens with prenotice.

However.....JD strikes silently and deadly, a surprise ninja attack. Maybe we get Lucroy but do we really know for sure. What we do know is that JD is aggressive in the trade market and is not shy although quite deliberate.

These are the glory GM days for Rangers and their fans

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things take longer with more players and lawyers involved. Unusual when trade slowly happens with prenotice.

However.....JD strikes silently and deadly, a surprise ninja attack. Maybe we get Lucroy but do we really know for sure. What we do know is that JD is aggressive in the trade market and is not shy although quite deliberate.

These are the glory GM days for Rangers and their fans
Really enjoy this time of year and winter meetings as well.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let HOU get him back.

Yeah, the Astros probably need OF help the most out of all those involved. I don't really have a good reason but I'm thinking he will probably land with the Indians.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it gives another team a chance sneak in and swoop in on someone we want. Sure JD knows when to pull the trigger and have a contingency plan. Still like to see us go after one of those Ray pitchers.

Not sure who else is still interested, but my guess is JD gets what he wants

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Astros probably need OF help the most out of all those involved. I don't really have a good reason but I'm thinking he will probably land with the Indians.

If they don't get Bruce I could see that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure glad Wilhelmsen is back w the Mariners, he makes me nervous though pitching for them even. He stinks

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was freaking out...had no idea the deadline was moved back to tomorrow.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cishek let the Cubs score 3 and tie w a chance to win it w a walk off hit here! :L

Edit: Free baseball!

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably be proven wrong yet again, but I really do think we will get Lucroy plus a pitcher (either from Milwaukee or somewhere else) tomorrow. Lucroy just makes too much sense for us, in that he upgrades our weakest defensive position and adds an all-star bat to our lineup. Plus he wouldn't be a rental and he's dirt cheap. He checks off every box of what we're looking for and what we need for the rest of this year and next (in terms of non-pitching needs). Whether we add the starter or reliever to the package or simply trade for one from someone else, I think JD gets that done too.

Harrell and Alvarez both look to be unspectacular but at least decent contributors, so I think JD is 2 for 2 so far with those minor pieces. One or maybe 2 more pitchers along with Lucroy without giving up Mazara, Profar, or Brinson I think would qualify as an absolute home run for JD as far as trade season is concerned. I think Gallo goes and maybe even 2 of Mendez, Ortiz, and Tate, so there is a little sting. But all in all I think we will be happy with what we get out of it. Just my prediction.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee is probably holding out for more ( better) offers. I hope they don't get some stupid team that will overpay who ruins it for us, but that often happens in the trade / FA market.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many moving parts and so many factors with teams that could still be deciding whether they make moves or not, at his time. The 2nd WC really keeps more teams interested these days. That and the conversations with the Rangers/Brewers likely have them going back and forth on whether they trade for just Lucroy or Lucroy and a reliever, or Lucroy a reliever and a SP and what all packages would be offered in each case. Then JD has to decide if we really want to part with what it will take. Glad they are taking their time to get it right, but Im as anxious as anyone
I think we might get Lucroy at the last minute. I'm betting JD is still trying to pry away a pitcher like Archer and doesn't want to give away the farm in two deals

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we might get Lucroy at the last minute. I'm betting JD is still trying to pry away a pitcher like Archer and doesn't want to give away the farm in two deals

Im hoping he's trying to work a deal w the Brewers for a SP, Lucroy and a reliever without having to give up more than Gallo and other prospects while hanging on to Pro, Maz and Odor.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hoping he's trying to work a deal w the Brewers for a SP, Lucroy and a reliever without having to give up more than Gallo and other prospects while hanging on to Pro, Maz and Odor.

And Brinson.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried going back to see what we were thinking about Lucroy when it was mentioned this past offseason that he might be available. This that I had shared from what Gil Lebreton thought would happen with the Rangers in 2016 is hilarious.

Feb.--Rangers trade pitchers Keone Kela and Nick Martinez and outfielder Jairo Beras to Brewers for catcher Jonathan Lucroy.

Really we didn't get into what we would give up for him last winter, but a discussion did come up that Norm Hitzges said Lucroy was a very good first baseman as well. There was some discussion about him maybe not being able to stay at catcher due to his concussion issues.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 hours and 17 minutes left until the deadline. Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucroy would be such a good get for the Rangers. Catcher has been such a merry go round since the days of Pudge. Hope we get him without giving up too much.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the cost in pitching is Tate, then I'm probably ok with that, I don't see him as much more than a reliever anyway

Hitters such as Brinson, Guzman, Beras, Yrizarri and Garcia, a catcher

And pitchers like Mendez, Ortiz, Ragans, Martin, Jurado, Speas, Payano and Sadzeck are all guys I'd like to see stick around for a bit

For whatever reason I'm a fan of a lot of these guys

Last edited: