• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was out driving around just now. Listening to the radio and this guy came on and started talking about the deadline. He worked at MLB network I think. Forgot his name. Here is some notes of what he was saying

- surprised the Yankees were able to convince themselves, their season ticket holders, and the ownership group into becoming sellers this year. He thinks they have made some great trades already and that they still want to unload Beltran and Gardner. He also thinks the Yankees could be the " big winners" of this trade deadline. They have already acquired a short stop who people think will develop into a star. Also believes the Yankees will lay low until not this free agency class coming up, but the next one. Thinks the Yankees will throw their weight around and sign a ton of players in what most experts think is a deep free agent class

- He was asked about which team(s) that he was surprised didn't make any notable moves yet. He mentioned the Rangers and the lucroy situation, he does think the Rangers lead for lucroy and he trusts them to be smart and make a move to try and shore up a hole or two. He also brought up the Astros, believes that they should go hard after a good starter from TB and that they're one really good starter away from being able to contend for the World Series.

- the guy asked him for a " World Series" prediction at the end of the interview and he predicts it will be Rangers vs. Giants with the Rangers winning it all. He also predicted the ALCS to be Indians vs Rangers.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been firing back at some twitter hack who about a week ago was gloating about how hot the Astros have been and how close they are to taking the West back. I replied something like "so what i hear is they are hot with an easy schedule, and still out of the playoffs". They were 2.5 back and .5 back in WC. A few days later he replied to me, and I've hit him the last couple of days with troll replies :pound:
Yeah I posted that clowns tweet here two days ago. He started out with a post like "does anyone doubt the Astros pass the Rangers?"

Glad you took him to the mat.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly JD working on different fronts
Harrell did a nice #5 job yesterday. Perhaps he's a band aid until Colby and Holland get back. Don't forget JD can still make a deal after tomorrow using the waiver wire.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Astros probably need OF help the most out of all those involved. I don't really have a good reason but I'm thinking he will probably land with the Indians.
Beltran is an old man in the OF. His best place is DH. He is on and off the DTD list with old man infirmities. And August is here where old men go on the DL a lot. No thanks.

Better to go for Bruce.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrell did a nice #5 job yesterday. Perhaps he's a band aid until Colby and Holland get back. Don't forget JD can still make a deal after tomorrow using the waiver wire.
He got good results, but the stuff wasn't too great. But he doesn't need to be much better than a 5 going forward anyway.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran is an old man in the OF. His best place is DH. He is on and off the DTD list with old man infirmities. And August is here where old men go on the DL a lot. No thanks.

Better to go for Bruce.
Beltran would be one of the best bats in so so line up. He can DH it up and add some depth to the team.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6:25 Aug 1 no news yet

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My fear is that Holland comes back and is the same Holland as before the injury. He wasn't doing well from I can recall. Need to look at numbers, maybe I am just jaded against him.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear is that Holland comes back and is the same Holland as before the injury. He wasn't doing well from I can recall. Need to look at numbers, maybe I am just jaded against him.
I am with you fordman. I was concerned about him before the season. I have a feeling he will be a Jekyll and Hyde pitcher.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok read the list, surprised no Hambone. WOuld replace Shields with Josh. MLB probably didn't want to pick on one team twice.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok read the list, surprised no Hambone. WOuld replace Shields with Josh. MLB probably didn't want to pick on one team twice.
Fielder and Howard are definite's on the list but you are probably right as Shields has actually had some good games lately. Hamilton is probably out of sight out of mind otherwise he should be on the list.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This's is going to be a crazy 7 hours or so. JD is gonna have to be like a Wall Street trader until the bell sounds. Gonna be interesting the takes on the board re what we give up.... Too much or too little.....

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope the Rangers make Dutch have a definite rehab assignment. He needs to reprove himself until being reinserted.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read today, the Indians really messed up with attempting to trade for Lucroy.

Maybe good for us. We'll see eh?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This's is going to be a crazy 7 hours or so. JD is gonna have to be like a Wall Street trader until the bell sounds. Gonna be interesting the takes on the board re what we give up.... Too much or too little.....
I would love to see a documentary on how each GM handles this time of the year. I know it couldn't be done because each GM would be giving away their way of trade secrets but it would be cool to see.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Rangers make Dutch have a definite rehab assignment. He needs to reprove himself until being reinserted.
Agree 100%. He would need to earn a spot and not just be given one. Colby is another story. He earned it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course they'll make him do a rehab assignment.