• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently they checked in on Beltran today

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think we are going for more than Lucroy in likely pending trade. If so, how can you keep Gallo out. We need more pitching IMO. Still I thought we would not move more than one of elite prospects unless there is a top line starter involved

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think we are going for more than Lucroy in likely pending trade. If so, how can you keep Gallo out. We need more pitching IMO. Still I thought we would not move more than one of elite prospects unless there is a top line starter involved

Not necessarily a top of the line starter, but I catch your drift. I could easily see them adding another pen arm too though. People really don't realize how important your pen is in postseason play.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love this time of the season where the Rangers are in on EVERYBODY regardless of what falls out. I can remember when the trade deadline would come and go and it was as dead as a door nail in Rangerland.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily a top of the line starter, but I catch your drift. I could easily see them adding another pen arm too though. People really don't realize how important your pen is in postseason play.

Rangers are one SP injury from having another tough month. What we got today was an upgrade over Nick. I don't think Gallo and another piece is the best scenario. Use him and more to get Lucroy and reliever or even better the Junior G kid. We are short on pitchers

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking all day we are going to hear a Gallo for someone swap. I don't think it was really just needing rest for him, as to why he didn't play.

I would be surprised if he's not shipped somewhere. Looks like we will know something tomorrow, since today is coming to a close

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if he's not shipped somewhere. Looks like we will know something tomorrow, since today is coming to a close
I was so certain we were going to get Lucroy. As this drags on I'm just not so sure.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cubs lose this game to Seattle tonight, we will still be tied with them for the most wins in MLB after that really rough stretch we had. Thats pretty good, right there

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so certain we were going to get Lucroy. As this drags on I'm just not so sure.

So many moving parts and so many factors with teams that could still be deciding whether they make moves or not, at his time. The 2nd WC really keeps more teams interested these days. That and the conversations with the Rangers/Brewers likely have them going back and forth on whether they trade for just Lucroy or Lucroy and a reliever, or Lucroy a reliever and a SP and what all packages would be offered in each case. Then JD has to decide if we really want to part with what it will take. Glad they are taking their time to get it right, but Im as anxious as anyone

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god please no.

Can't be too serious about him, only would be a rental and JD hates giving up good prospects for rentals... guess Garza was a rental though. My guess is some other team will give more than we are willing to. There are 3 other teams in the mix

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a rumor out there the Yanks want to trade Beltran soon so they can get more prospects to make a run at Sale.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many moving parts and so many factors with teams that could still be deciding whether they make moves or not, at his time. The 2nd WC really keeps more teams interested these days. That and the conversations with the Rangers/Brewers likely have them going back and forth on whether they trade for just Lucroy or Lucroy and a reliever, or Lucroy a reliever and a SP and what all packages would be offered in each case. Then JD has to decide if we really want to part with what it will take. Glad they are taking their time to get it right, but Im as anxious as anyone
But it gives another team a chance sneak in and swoop in on someone we want. Sure JD knows when to pull the trigger and have a contingency plan. Still like to see us go after one of those Ray pitchers.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it gives another team a chance sneak in and swoop in on someone we want. Sure JD knows when to pull the trigger and have a contingency plan. Still like to see us go after one of those Ray pitchers.

IMO, the hang up on our last remaining big trade is getting a secondary trade worked out. For instance, we trade Profar for a pitcher and in the second trade he is trying to offload a High-A guy for a utility IF to replace Profar. Hanser can't do it alone. He won't pull the trigger and take from the current bigleague team if he can't backfill the spot