• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Royally receive Kansas City for four 7/28-7/31

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and the Brewers' beat writer seems to think that it means a trade has likely been agreed upon because Lucroy was not scheduled to have a day off and he isn't injured.

Mets have supposedly submitted a 3-player offer including d'Arnaud and Nimmo. I'd like to think we could easily beat that offer while still holding on to most of our big names, but I guess we'll see.

The thing that's kind of annoying about the way teams seem to try negotiating trades involving prospects is they go all out asking for a team's top prospects. So because we have an extremely strong farm system (mostly in position players) we say we're not giving you guys like Mazara, Profar, or Gallo, but we'll put guys like Demeritte etc. on the table, and teams turn their noses up and look elsewhere. Then they accept a trade for 2-3 prospects in another organizations top 7 or so happily. Never mind the fact that those prospects wouldn't even be in our top 15. I just don't get it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and the Brewers' beat writer seems to think that it means a trade has likely been agreed upon because Lucroy was not scheduled to have a day off and he isn't injured.

Mets have supposedly submitted a 3-player offer including d'Arnaud and Nimmo. I'd like to think we could easily beat that offer while still holding on to most of our big names, but I guess we'll see.

Yeah i hope so, i mean its gotta be a trade? He just had a day off 2 games ago too

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that's kind of annoying about the way teams seem to try negotiating trades involving prospects is they go all out asking for a team's top prospects. So because we have an extremely strong farm system (mostly in position players) we say we're not giving you guys like Mazara, Profar, or Gallo, but we'll put guys like Demeritte etc. on the table, and teams turn their noses up and look elsewhere. Then they accept a trade for 2-3 prospects in another organizations top 7 or so happily. Never mind the fact that those prospects wouldn't even be in our top 15. I just don't get it.
I'm with you. It's like we're punished for having a very deep and talented system. Stupid.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i hope so, i mean its gotta be a trade? He just had a day off 2 games ago too
He's being held out because of increase trade talk, according to tweets I'm seeing. Going to happen soon with Lucroy, I believe. Probably with the Mets.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Counsell has told reporters that Lucroy has likely played his last game as a Brewer and that GM Sterns is close to a deal.

Jayson Stark has been told by multiple GM's who have called the Reds that they want 2-3 middle tier prospects and not any elite prospects for Jay Bruce.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Counsell has told reporters that Lucroy has likely played his last game as a Brewer and that GM Sterns is close to a deal.

Jayson Stark has been told by multiple GM's who have called the Reds that they want 2-3 middle tier prospects and not any elite prospects for Jay Bruce.

Sounds like the mets end up with Lucroy.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar LF
Mazara RF
Desmond CF
Beltre 3B
Odor 2B
Moreland 1B
Andrus SS
Gallo DH
Wilson C

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not fair really. I personally think most GMs are wary of JD because of the infamous trade with the Atlanta Braves ( great for us, but infamous around the league). It seems like when teams negotiate with us they're always thinking " what's the catch?" Or " are we getting enough?". I know JD has made some terrible moves before, but I still think the Rangers FO is highly regarded and could be considered the "Spurs" of baseball.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define low.
Any 2-3 prospects outside of Gallo, Profar, Mazara, Brinson, Tate, Mendez, Beras, and Ortiz. The usual suspects that everyone else wants.

I consider every one of those guys elite and, to your point earlier, they would rank at the top for almost every other club.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not fair really. I personally think most GMs are wary of JD because of the infamous trade with the Atlanta Braves ( great for us, but infamous around the league). It seems like when teams negotiate with us they're always thinking " what's the catch?" Or " are we getting enough?". I know JD has made some terrible moves before, but I still think the Rangers FO is highly regarded and could be considered the "Spurs" of baseball.

We arent good enough to be compared to the spurs

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JD has made only a couple of trades I would describe as anything approaching terrible.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a sell out tonight as only singles and obstructed views remain. In the past the Rangers often haven't done well with sell out crowds at home. Maybe it will be different tonight.