• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Play Three Games in Washington Prior to the All Star Break July 7-9

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani rumored to be on the trade block now that Trout is out for a while. They will want Duran and probably 4 other high prospects for a two month rental.
Do you pass or go for it?
Pass

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the guys I am keeping an eye on as a possible pick for the Rangers at #108.

Brandon Winokur OF, Edison (CA)
James Ellwanger RHP, Magnolia West (TX)
Luke McNeillie RHP, Milton (GA)
Cole Miller RHP Newbury Park (CA)
Garret Forrester 1B, Oregon State
Quinn Mathews LHP, Stanford

I am especially interested in Garret Forrester and Brandon Winokur.
And Winokur goes at 82.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how trading for Ohtani makes sense for any team. They'll have to give up a ton for him, the postseason field is wide open, and then he's gone in the offseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At #108 the Rangers select Skylar Hales a pitcher from Santa Clara

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I advocated for our guys getting a chance to prove themselves and I think that has been given, I'm definitely ready to bring in a couple relievers, don't think there's any need for a bat, or even a starter, but I wouldn't hate getting one, depending on the cost

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how trading for Ohtani makes sense for any team. They'll have to give up a ton for him, the postseason field is wide open, and then he's gone in the offseason.
Arte does not want to go down in history as the guy who traded the greatest baseball player ever

Ruthian

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I advocated for our guys getting a chance to prove themselves and I think that has been given, I'm definitely ready to bring in a couple relievers, don't think there's any need for a bat, or even a starter, but I wouldn't hate getting one, depending on the cost
I am not against Bellinger. He can play some 1B too

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arte does not want to go down in history as the guy who traded the greatest baseball player ever

Ruthian
I would rather be that guy, than the one who got nothing for him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hales was not even ranked by MLB Pipeline
Future Star Series had him at #199.

"Hales saw his stuff tick up this season especially as it pertains to the fastball quality and fastball velocity. He touched 98 for the first time ever in 2023 and routinely sat 93-95 with armside run and some hop out of a low slot considering his size. Hales certainly checks the box teams like to see with fastball quality. He's got a sweeping slider in the low-80s that's been especially tough for left-handed hitters as he's plenty comfortable throwing it to their backfoot. Hales has reverse splits across the board. He pitches exclusively out of the stretch and exhibits some effort and herky and jerk in his delivery; an operation that could eventually end up in the bullpen at the next level."

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruthian

Arte is going to go down as the guy who couldn't put together a winning team with Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani in the lineup. His place in MLB history is written.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Hales saw his stuff tick up this season especially as it pertains to the fastball quality and fastball velocity. He touched 98 for the first time ever in 2023 and routinely sat 93-95 with armside run and some hop out of a low slot considering his size. Hales certainly checks the box teams like to see with fastball quality. He's got a sweeping slider in the low-80s that's been especially tough for left-handed hitters as he's plenty comfortable throwing it to their backfoot. Hales has reverse splits across the board. He pitches exclusively out of the stretch and exhibits some effort and herky and jerk in his delivery; an operation that could eventually end up in the bullpen at the next level."
Other places had him ranked in the low 200s. Another Ian Moller and Cam Cauley-type pick it seems.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe under slot

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arte is going to go down as the guy who couldn't put together a winning team with Mike Trout and Shohei Ohtani in the lineup. His place in MLB history is written.
Lol yes but he would get fried to give him away methinks. Lots of bad contracts in his regime

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At #107 the Ranger select
Alejandro Rosario
P, Miami

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Changeup: 55 | Control: 50 | Overall: 40

Rosario was a Top 100 prospect after he reclassified to graduate from high school in 2020, but the combination of the shortened Draft as a result of the pandemic, questions about his profile and his commitment to Miami meant the right-hander went undrafted. He’s been a part of the Hurricanes' rotation since and has been fairly enigmatic throughout, including this season, with very good stuff but without the results to match.

Pure stuff-wise, Rosario is up there with some upper-echelon college arms. He’s touched triple digits with his fastball and averaged better than 95 mph with the pitch this spring. But there’s little deception and it’s pretty true, leading it to get hit more than it should, though he’s had some success in sinking it at times. His low-80s slider has improved and misses a fair amount of bats, and he’s been more committed to throwing his upper-80s changeup that can be a swing-and-miss pitch and get ground ball outs.

Rosario’s command in and out of the zone is spotty at best, and his walk rate went up in 2023, as he tends to let things snowball, leading to big innings. He had a brief but very successful stint in the Cape Cod League last summer and teams that think they can help him unlock that kind of performance more consistently will be interested in taking his pure stuff at some point on Day 2.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it is Langford and not much else through 5 rounds for the Rangers. Very uninspiring draft today.