• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Play Three Games in San Diego July 28-30

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither the Royals or A's have anyone worth selling, apparently.

The cardinals should be tearing it all down but apparently they think they can compete next year.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The is what Evan said in his latest article after he addressed the two trades, and it left me thinking he has lost his mind.

"Such a haul, in addition to adding Aroldis Chapman a month ago, should solve all their issues."

They still need 2 good relievers and another hitter or two. Now, there may not be any hitters available, but the issue is not solved. The bullpen issue isn't solved either.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The is what Evan said in his latest article after he addressed the two trades, and it left me thinking he has lost his mind.

"Such a haul, in addition to adding Aroldis Chapman a month ago, should solve all their issues."

They still need 2 good relievers and another hitter or two. Now, there may not be any hitters available, but the issue is not solved. The bullpen issue isn't solved either.

if they added Scherzer, Montgomery, Chapman, and the other guy to this team 6 weeks ago, hed'd be right.

very few people outside of this board seem concerned about the offense.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt if it is ever solved.
We need guys to go ahead and just learn from experience and maybe another one or two jump up from the minors not to save the day but learn and get better

Hard to believe that anyone would think we are promoting superstars or even acquiring them
Chapman was the most elite and he even gave it up once.

Always the human factor just like everyone else

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing Cleveland isn't turning people calling about Clase away LOL

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they added Scherzer, Montgomery, Chapman, and the other guy to this team 6 weeks ago, hed'd be right.

very few people outside of this board seem concerned about the offense.
I’m concerned that the offense is shooting itself in the foot. What exactly is adding 1 bat going to doto energize the rest of the bats on the team? We have Semien, Garcia, Jung & Duran who seem to have lost their spark. Seager hurt himself trying to spark the team by stretching out a double and may or may not be back this week. Heim is probably done.

Name the one obtainable bat who is going to wake these guys up

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grichuk was available and I would have liked for us to pursue him. The Angels are usually a bunch of idiots when it comes to trades and FA signings but I think their two trades they made in the past week were pretty intelligent.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt if it is ever solved.
We need guys to go ahead and just learn from experience and maybe another one or two jump up from the minors not to save the day but learn and get better

Hard to believe that anyone would think we are promoting superstars or even acquiring them
Chapman was the most elite and he even gave it up once.

Always the human factor just like everyone else
But there is no way anyone can logically conclude that we have solved the bullpen problems unless they somehow cannot see a problem. Then again, not seeing a problem is how we got here in the first place.

As far as the offense goes, I can understand the argument that we just need to fix what we already have. I don't agree, but I can understand the thinking.

Long-term, I believe this offense needs improvement at 1B, LF, CF, RF, and DH. At least 3 of those need an upgrade for us to consistently hit well. That doesn't even address the black hole Semien disappears into for weeks at a time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grichuk was available and I would have liked for us to pursue him. The Angels are usually a bunch of idiots when it comes to trades and FA signings but I think their two trades they made in the past week were pretty intelligent.
They made good trades, but I don't think they are going to make the postseason. So, are they really good trades? I still think they would have been wiser to have been sellers instead of buyers. Of course, I am always happy to see them making mistakes, if indeed they have made mistakes.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m concerned that the offense is shooting itself in the foot. What exactly is adding 1 bat going to doto energize the rest of the bats on the team? We have Semien, Garcia, Jung & Duran who seem to have lost their spark. Seager hurt himself trying to spark the team by stretching out a double and may or may not be back this week. Heim is probably done.

Name the one obtainable bat who is going to wake these guys up

there's more that can be done than just obtaining a bat.

Jung does not need to be hitting higher than 6th. Grossman does not need to be hitting at all. Bochy needs to shake the lineup up with Seager out.

What's wrong with Leody at leadoff, then Jankowski, then Marcus? Lowe at cleanup, then Bombi and Duran. Garver, Jung, and whoever is left at 9th.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's more that can be done than just obtaining a bat.

Jung does not need to be hitting higher than 6th. Grossman does not need to be hitting at all. Bochy needs to shake the lineup up with Seager out.

What's wrong with Leody at leadoff, then Jankowski, then Marcus? Lowe at cleanup, then Bombi and Duran. Garver, Jung, and whoever is left at 9th.
Not a bad thought process for a revamped lineup.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if y’all caught Bochy but he talks about guys expanding the zone for three pitchers and being amped up

Sounds like he is on the way to getting the guys to adjust and get more walks and less strikeouts and be a little more composed in the big moments

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A report that the Guardians could make Aaron Civale available. I can't imagine that but if they did I would be all for adding him to our rotation.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will guess that Jordan Montgomery will put up an ERA of 2.95 for us during the rest of the regular season.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know if y’all caught Bochy but he talks about guys expanding the zone for three pitchers and being amped up

Sounds like he is on the way to getting the guys to adjust and get more walks and less strikeouts and be a little more composed in the big moments

The approach is definitely lacking with the Rangers at the moment.

Think I heard it said that the Dodgers are the team that chases the least, and forces you to throw in the zone. We saw how that worked out for them. Of course, there are already too many Rangers batters staring at balls down the middle right now, so who knows how to fix that.