• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers look to hang some L's on the O's: BAL v TEX 4/14-17

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.270/.372/.351/.723/0HR/4RBI/8R/3 doubles

Seems he's hitting well and getting on base, but the power hasn't flashed much yet. Obviously a small sample size and early on, but overall it seems he's doing pretty solid.

Thanks for the info.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No game until Tuesday? That sucks. At least there is still nba playoffs.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has played strictly at SS so far in 7 games.

That's what the team said they were going to do with him.

And thank you for the follow-up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say Elvis continues to build on his improvement from the second half of last season and has a solid season this year. I obviously do not expect him to hit .351 the rest of the year. But let's say he posts a line similar to this:

.275/.355/.370/8HR/65RBI/15 steals

Let's say his defensive numbers improve over all to where he cuts his errors down to say 15 from 22 last year. Do you open up the possibility of seeing what you can get for Profar, or do you still look to move Elvis if you can? Keep in mind the chemistry between he, Beltre, and Odor, and that he's one of the vets the youngsters like Brinson, Mazara, and Gallo will be looking at to show them the ropes?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let's say Elvis continues to build on his improvement from the second half of last season and has a solid season this year. I obviously do not expect him to hit .351 the rest of the year. But let's say he posts a line similar to this:

.275/.355/.370/8HR/65RBI/15 steals

Let's say his defensive numbers improve over all to where he cuts his errors down to say 15 from 22 last year. Do you open up the possibility of seeing what you can get for Profar, or do you still look to move Elvis if you can? Keep in mind the chemistry between he, Beltre, and Odor, and that he's one of the vets the youngsters like Brinson, Mazara, and Gallo will be looking at to show them the ropes?

I would be listening to offers on everyone and seeing what they would net. Im clearly not interested in moving Gallo, Maz or Roogie. I would be interested in what Elvis Profar, Choo or Prince could land you and how much of the big contract $ we would have to eat. Obviously you have to keep one of Profar or EA, but I listen to offers on both

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article on one item that causes us grief. And the one thing Andrus has not done well and confirms he is not a base stealer.

Fraley: Rangers still searching for the line between aggressive and reckless on basepaths | SportsDay

Elvis can still be dangerous on the bases, but he needs a ton of work reading the pitcher, the situation, and picking his spots. When he first came up, he could steal a base when everyone in the stadium knew he was stealing just because of his speed and acceleration. He didn't have to key on those other things as much.

He needs to be more like Kinsler was. In 2011, Kinsler stole 30 bases. Now Kinsler was fast, but I don't think he was any faster than Elvis is now. What he could do, is pick his study the pitcher, and pick his spot, and time his jump perfectly. These are not things Elvis had to focus on as much when he and Ian were stealing 30+ bases each. It's time for him to be more of a student of base running and realize that he has to adjust his game if he wants to continue to be considered a a real threat on the bases.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be listening to offers on everyone and seeing what they would net. Im clearly not interested in moving Gallo, Maz or Roogie. I would be interested in what Elvis Profar, Choo or Prince could land you and how much of the big contract $ we would have to eat. Obviously you have to keep one of Profar or EA, but I listen to offers on both

Choo isn't going anywhere. The other three, I would think we'd be fielding offers for.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo isn't going anywhere. The other three, I would think we'd be fielding offers for.

Yeah but they are gonna have to try and shed some $, so they can try and extend Darvish

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying Choo isn't going anywhere because you think it would be hardest of all of them to find someone to take him in trade or are you just not wanting him to leave?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep an open mind, but it would be worth keeping in mind that Choo and Fielder are soon going to reach an age where they aren't as productive. I might try to trade them while they still are tradeable for a decent return.

Before deciding on Profar I would like to see how this year plays out and what his numbers look like in a few months.

One thing to consider is who plays 3B in 3 years. Do you move Gallo back there? Do you move Rua there?

There is also the possibility that you need to replace Beltre in the everyday lineup in 2018. At his age his productivity, both at bat and in the field, and his health could go at anytime.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they are gonna have to try and shed some $, so they can try and extend Darvish
Providing Profar works out, trading EA would be my choice to trade if we can shed dollars

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying Choo isn't going anywhere because you think it would be hardest of all of them to find someone to take him in trade or are you just not wanting him to leave?

I think his cost to value ratio is so that we are better off keeping him. Plus, if you deal Choo you are committing yourself to a 100% green and young OF. Keeping Choo provides stability and a veteran example out there for Mazara and Brinson. At least, that's how I'd see it if I was JD.

Beltre will be needing more time at DH which makes moving Prince the optimal choice imo. I believe the tigers are paying $6m/yr of Prince's salary (though I'm not 100% on that). That leaves us on the hook for $18m/yr. eating approximately $4m/yr puts his cost to other teams at $14m/yr. If he shows he can perform at a good level I think that's very doable.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would keep an open mind, but it would be worth keeping in mind that Choo and Fielder are soon going to reach an age where they aren't as productive. I might try to trade them while they still are tradeable for a decent return.

Before deciding on Profar I would like to see how this year plays out and what his numbers look like in a few months.

One thing to consider is who plays 3B in 3 years. Do you move Gallo back there? Do you move Rua there?

There is also the possibility that you need to replace Beltre in the everyday lineup in 2018. At his age his productivity, both at bat and in the field, and his health could go at anytime.

If Fielder doesn't start hitting, Not sure if he can be traded especially for a DH.