• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers limp home to face the Halos - April 26-28

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone on record from the beginning that I was 100% against signing Rendon full stop. I think he's on the downward slope of his career. 2021 is a small sample size, so that's not what I'm basing my opinion on. I wouldn't be surprised if he has 1 or 2 good/decent seasons left in him, but I think those last 3 (2024-26) are going to a nightmare, and he'll be making $38.5m for each of them.

I'm just glad the Rangers won't be the ones paying him for that.
Another way to look at it..........Pujols Trout and Rendon and still not much to show for all the money spent. Why people think you can buy a WS is amazing.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After the hit, co-pitching coach Doug Mathis went to the mound to give him a chance to catch his breath. Dunning came back to strike out Scott Schebler. Between innings, Mathis broke down a small mechanical adjustment to stop him from “spinning off the ball.” Dunning allowed just two baserunners over the final four innings. Dunning said he hadn’t been aware of the mechanical issue.

“I was able to re-evaluate after that first inning a little bit,” Dunning said. “It was encouraging to make the adjustments. Hopefully, the next time I’ll be able to do it a lot earlier than after giving up four. It was frustrating that I was not locating at all. I fell behind way too many batters and was forced to put balls in the middle of the plate and create something. And they capitalized on it.”

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way to look at it..........Pujols Trout and Rendon and still not much to show for all the money spent. Why people think you can buy a WS is amazing.

It does take some spending to win a WS, but the money has to be put to good use.

No idea what the Angels thought they were doing with Pujols.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After the hit, co-pitching coach Doug Mathis went to the mound to give him a chance to catch his breath. Dunning came back to strike out Scott Schebler. Between innings, Mathis broke down a small mechanical adjustment to stop him from “spinning off the ball.” Dunning allowed just two baserunners over the final four innings. Dunning said he hadn’t been aware of the mechanical issue.

“I was able to re-evaluate after that first inning a little bit,” Dunning said. “It was encouraging to make the adjustments. Hopefully, the next time I’ll be able to do it a lot earlier than after giving up four. It was frustrating that I was not locating at all. I fell behind way too many batters and was forced to put balls in the middle of the plate and create something. And they capitalized on it.”

I had forgotten we were utilizing two pitching coaches until rosters were announced at the park on Opening Day.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just limits what they can do to fill in other holes on the team, Rangers learned that real quick with A-Wad...

There are a couple of teams who could and have done that but about 90% can't, they have to do it the old fashioned way with trades/drafts...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does take some spending to win a WS, but the money has to be put to good use.

No idea what the Angels thought they were doing with Pujols.
I was kinda surprised that contract wasn't more front loaded and that they gave him a no trade clause too...

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another mock draft has us taking Lawlar.

Not surprising because players who play SS can usually play just about anywhere on the field if they can't actually make it as a SS in MLB, the limiting factor to that is their bat...

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising because players who play SS can usually play just about anywhere on the field if they can't actually make it as a SS in MLB, the limiting factor to that is their bat...
I am surprised that a ream would choose him over Rocker. I sure hope the Pirates really like him.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Rangers great Martin Perez on the hill for the Sox. Didn't realize that's where he landed.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that would be a run if they knew how to bat and steal.