• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers limp home to face the Halos - April 26-28

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers coming home after getting swept in Chicago. IKF had a good series, and there were a couple of good starts by the staff, but the Rangers find themselves solidly in last place at the moment.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evaluation continues. So far Solak is impressing and could be making a solid case for himself being included in our long range plans, with an emphasis on "so far." The jury is still out on IKF. Trevino's numbers look a lot worse now, but that could change again. Lowe is so up and down that I think the jury is still out on him as well.

Gallo is struggling at present, but who knows if he is part of the long range plan no matter how he does.

Adolis Garcia has been a very pleasant surprise so far, but let's see if he can keep it up.

We have 4 veteran starting pitchers who may or may not turn out to be valuable trade chips, as all of their contracts expire before we can be expected to contend with the most optimistic outlook. We could have one or two veteran position players who prove to have some measure of trade value. We certainly could use several more good to very good prospects, if any of those veterans provide us with some trade value. I guess we can throw in Ian Kennedy into this category as well.

I doubt more than 6 or 7 of these current 26-man-roster-guys are on the Opening Day Roster in 2024. I doubt many more than that will be here when we open 2023. There is a lot of culling to be done and some will make that an easier process than others.

At present, wins and losses don't really matter. Eventually, when we have a lot more of our future actually on the team, the wins and teachable moments will be much more important.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May be a factor re what goes down with T Storey

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
236 K's through 22 games. Pace is now 1,738 for the season.

There are 6 players who have more HR than Gallo. He still only has 1 extra base hit, a HR, and that was in Game 2 of the season.

Culberson is obviously not in the long term plan but he has put up decent numbers so far.

Eric Nadel mentioned something on the radio yesterday, he said that Lowe appears to hit breaking balls better than he does fastballs, which is not usually the case for big leaguers.

Solak is definitely the MVP of the offense, but Lowe's stats aren't that far behind.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are 6 players who have more HR than Gallo. He still only has 1 extra base hit, a HR, and that was in Game 2 of the season.

Culberson is obviously not in the long term plan but he has put up decent numbers so far.

Eric Nadel mentioned something on the radio yesterday, he said that Lowe appears to hit breaking balls better than he does fastballs, which is not usually the case for big leaguers.

Solak is definitely the MVP of the offense, but Lowe's stats aren't that far behind.
Gallo needs to go back to his approach he had in 2019.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today I saw that Tatis Jr. is tied for the MLB lead in HR, but isn't even in the top 100 for RBI (7HR, 9RBI). That seems like a pretty crazy stat to me.

Some people say it's because he's a leadoff hitter, but he's done that less than half the time this year, and there are two full-time leadoff hitters in the top 20 for RBI.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Gallo's biggest problem is not he himself rather we the fans.
He has been a Ranger since 2015 and has shown signs of being a great hitter with good HR numbers and massive distances which get folks excited. Truth is he is not and has yet to be consistent. Question is how long should we wait to see if he will ever become consistent ? By the time the team becomes a contender, he is likely not going to be on top of his game even he does improve now. He has struggled on and off to the point that no one knows where he really fits in the future. Give the guy credit. He has worked hard and continues to do so but it is time to make some hard decisions. I think we need to trade him before contract time. Would be a shame to not get some prospects in a trade since we have not yet to get that offence we were looking for. Lets face it. His OBP comes mostly from W's and that is not what we have expected. He can not expect to use them in negotiations.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gallo's biggest problem is not he himself rather we the fans.
He has been a Ranger since 2015 and has shown signs of being a great hitter with good HR numbers and massive distances which get folks excited. Truth is he is not and has yet to be consistent. Question is how long should we wait to see if he will ever become consistent ? By the time the team becomes a contender, he is likely not going to be on top of his game even he does improve now. He has struggled on and off to the point that no one knows where he really fits in the future. Give the guy credit. He has worked hard and continues to do so but it is time to make some hard decisions. I think we need to trade him before contract time. Would be a shame to not get some prospects in a trade since we have not yet to get that offence we were looking for. Lets face it. His OBP comes mostly from W's and that is not what we have expected. He can not expect to use them in negotiations.

In my opinion, we've waited plenty. I have no resentment towards Joey and if he goes somewhere else and puts it all together, good for him. His SLG is down 300 points from his career high in 2019. It's down 90 points from last year, when he struggled. Nice to see the walks but he's still tied for 3rd in the league in K's and as I mentioned earlier - he has ONE extra base hit as we get to the end of April.

It's time to move on from him.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, we've waited plenty. I have no resentment towards Joey and if he goes somewhere else and puts it all together, good for him. His SLG is down 300 points from his career high in 2019. It's down 90 points from last year, when he struggled. Nice to see the walks but he's still tied for 3rd in the league in K's and as I mentioned earlier - he has ONE extra base hit as we get to the end of April.

It's time to move on from him.

I should add: I understand that Joey could (and is likely) to improve on some of his numbers. But as DT mentioned - is he ever going to be consistent? It's not that I don't think Joey is talented or won't improve, it's the fact that I feel like we're never going to know what Gallo is. We know what he could be, and can be, but there's not enough consistency for me to want the Rangers to sign him long term.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add: I understand that Joey could (and is likely) to improve on some of his numbers. But as DT mentioned - is he ever going to be consistent? It's not that I don't think Joey is talented or won't improve, it's the fact that I feel like we're never going to know what Gallo is. We know what he could be, and can be, but there's not enough consistency for me to want the Rangers to sign him long term.
Exactly.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking at this lineup, I realize Woody is in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position.

Nadel mentioned yesterday that IKF has hit significantly better in the 2 spot, so much so he (jokingly) said he was going to demand Woody keep him there.

I hate seeing Solak so low, but it also makes sense. I might go Calhoun/IKF/Garcia/Gallo/Lowe/Solak, but at this point it's pretty much splitting hairs.

Gallo is the vet, but Solak has earned being higher than 6th - but whoever hits in front of him gets better pitches, which is needed.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leiter did not have a very good night Saturday. The gap between him and Rocker might be closing.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels don't have any weak spots in the line up.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie leads the league for worse hair do

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00