• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers host the Royals May 30 - June 2

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no I don't think they should intentionally tank but I do think they should be realistic and recognize that they don't have the talent to warrant a pipedream about a 1-game playoff against a Boston or a Tampa Bay or a New York or Oakland. personally trading Minor, Lynn and others for the best prospect deals makes more sense

Who said that? If the price is right trade but perhaps they extend Minor which may not be a bad idea. Top flight pitching does not usually drop in your lap.
If I am a player I amazing to win and I sure don't want to hear pipedream while I am out here competing. A lot of holes in pitching lineup.
I am only leaving a very small crack open this year otherwise I doubt if you have an argument with me.

We have a top flight offense. With some pitching we could compete legitimately barring injuries

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think any GM is always listening and spitballing trade offers. I think the real issue is what is the game plan to be WS contenders, the timeline and what is it going to take to execute the plan assuming financial support from the owners.

I seriously doubt JD was genuinely excited about getting a bunch of TJ rejects but was given a scrap heap budget hopefully keeping the powder dry for the future. So maybe he strikes non fools gold on one and flips it for some future value while he lets players develop which most have minus Odor and to some degree Guzman. And yes this is speaking reasonably a year of development.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think any GM is always listening and spitballing trade offers. I think the real issue is what is the game plan to be WS contenders, the timeline and what is it going to take to execute the plan assuming financial support from the owners.

I seriously doubt JD was genuinely excited about getting a bunch of TJ rejects but was given a scrap heap budget hopefully keeping the powder dry for the future. So maybe he strikes non fools gold on one and flips it for some future value while he lets players develop which most have minus Odor and to some degree Guzman. And yes this is speaking reasonably a year of development.

Odor sucks.

Needs to be demoted.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happened from a personnel standpoint?

One more year of Joaquin B 2x TJ. Bust so far
Smyly. Below average
Shelby. Terrible starter but a ray of hope in the pen
Hammel walked
Jurado has looked good
Sampson about as expected but really AAA depth
Some of his relief acquisitions are suspect minus Kelley and Chavez
Mathis meh so far to me.
Guys in the minors developing or in the mend

JD did well getting Pence,Forsythe, and Santana on the cheap
Cabrera is decent for this year.

Not bad given the budget and now analytics are being utilized to a greater degree. So if we can only keep our young pitching prospects healthy

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor sucks.

Needs to be demoted.

Not much more rope will be allowed. Woodward said that despite work ethic so profusely bragged on will not be enough. Odor is going to have to do something different and show progress by tangible results.

Needs timing fixed to hit the FB and pitch recognition to hit the other off speed stuff. Way too whipped swing to my taste as oppose to Mazara whose swing is much more fluid.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much more rope will be allowed. Woodward said that despite work ethic so profusely bragged on will not be enough. Odor is going to have to do something different and show progress by tangible results.

Needs timing fixed to hit the FB and pitch recognition to hit the other off speed stuff. Way too whipped swing to my taste as oppose to Mazara whose swing is much more fluid.

I’m rooting for him to go down at this point since it’s apparently close to happening. It’s way overdue.

Probably just 1 or 2 more bad weeks will do it I hope.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Latz and Bahr have both surprised this year.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad that the team is doing better than expected. The rangers have made some shrewd moves in picking up some very good bench players on the cheap.
BUY, BUY, BUY!!!! Lol

3A280204-A394-40FF-884D-182EA94290E7.png

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too early to say that. Especially with gallo going down.

We should be fine without gallo until at least next Friday I’m hoping. Tomorrow is the royals and then we have a day off, then 3 games against the atrocious Doug Brocail orioles pitching staff.

Hopefully gallo only misses 2 weeks or less.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now it’s June 2nd and the Rangers have only played 3 games against the east.

Normally that is a big factor for consideration, but the AL East is weaker than it usually is.

The orioles and jays are awful.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that diving catch is when Gallo got hurt. If so, that is why some have had concerns with him playing so much in CF.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that diving catch is when Gallo got hurt. If so, that is why some have had concerns with him playing so much in CF.
And now on the IL

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because people in LF don't dive for balls? Not sure how that's relevant