• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers host the Royals May 30 - June 2

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s unfortunate about gallo.

The guy looked like an all star and possible mvp candidate.

Hopefully he only misses 2 weeks or so at most.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Lynn.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose' that was some pitching. B to B K's.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santana's presence is ever more important to this team since Gallo is out. He is a very good back up CF

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for them every game but I'm looking at the long range plan
I would hope so. Of course you look at the long range plan. If they can sneak into the playoffs without buying a vet and still move an expiring contract, I think this is a win for the organization. Playoff experience should not be downplayed. Surely you don’t think they should intentionally tank? That being said making the playoffs is a long shot

This year is a year of development as my postscript indicates. This should surely be understood

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope so. Of course you look at the long range plan. If they can sneak into the playoffs without buying a vet and still move an expiring contract, I think this is a win for the organization. Playoff experience should not be downplayed. Surely you don’t think they should intentionally tank? That being said making the playoffs is a long shot

This year is a year of development as my postscript indicates. This should surely be understood

A year of development and evaluation.

I’m glad that the team is doing better than expected. The rangers have made some shrewd moves in picking up some very good bench players on the cheap.

Hunter pence has been fun to watch. I barely knew who forsythe and Santana were before this season. Those guys along with the emergence of minor as a good starter have made this team more than watchable. I haven’t missed very many games this year. The last 2 years my interest level could be described as “low”.

The new coaches have done well. There is a lot to like, but the so called young core hasn’t played as well as expected.

Odor reeks and needs to go down to the minors. The sooner the better.

Guzman plays great defense, but his bat isn’t consistent enough. I’d still give him the whole season to figure something out tho. He hasn’t had as much major league time as Odor. He gets the rest of this year.

Mazara hasn’t been the corner outfield bat we’ve been hoping for. We really haven’t had a quality corner outfield bat since JD let Nelson Cruz go without a fight. I guess I have to include hunter pence in here, but it still has been a huge hole for a long time. His defense is sub par.

Gallo really has been the only bright spot in the young group of players. Really hoping we haven’t lost him for too long.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no I don't think they should intentionally tank but I do think they should be realistic and recognize that they don't have the talent to warrant a pipedream about a 1-game playoff against a Boston or a Tampa Bay or a New York or Oakland. personally trading Minor, Lynn and others for the best prospect deals makes more sense

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A year of development and evaluation.

I’m glad that the team is doing better than expected. The rangers have made some shrewd moves in picking up some very good bench players on the cheap.

Hunter pence has been fun to watch. I barely knew who forsythe and Santana were before this season. Those guys along with the emergence of minor as a good starter have made this team more than watchable. I haven’t missed very many games this year. The last 2 years my interest level could be described as “low”.

The new coaches have done well. There is a lot to like, but the so called young core hasn’t played as well as expected.

Odor reeks and needs to go down to the minors. The sooner the better.

Guzman plays great defense, but his bat isn’t consistent enough. I’d still give him the whole season to figure something out tho. He hasn’t had as much major league time as Odor. He gets the rest of this year.

Mazara hasn’t been the corner outfield bat we’ve been hoping for. We really haven’t had a quality corner outfield bat since JD let Nelson Cruz go without a fight. I guess I have to include hunter pence in here, but it still has been a huge hole for a long time. His defense is sub par.

Gallo really has been the only bright spot in the young group of players. Really hoping we haven’t lost him for too long.
all and Choo and Odor and even Andrus should be trade bait but not Gallo

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all and Choo and Odor and even Andrus should be trade bait but not Gallo

I fear the “ trade everyone” mindset will make sure that we’re not competitive until 2025 at the very earliest.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fear the “ trade everyone” mindset will make sure that we’re not competitive until 2025 at the very earliest.
I don't think we will ever get to the "trade everyone" mindset but I think we have to listen to any trade scenario seriously upto and including for Andrus, Mazara, Choo, Minor, Pence, Lynn etc

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No board action. Big "honey do" day?
Sons 14U baseball practice getting ready for the last three games and district playoffs. Then after two hours with a field temp 92 with the index over 100 (good training), sonny boy made the right call and we went to the pool to continue to perfect our tandem cannon ball turning the pool in to a wave pool. :)