• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers hopefully going from Denny's to IHOP - 3 in the Rain, 8/21-23

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we stop playing the players who are not part of our future and play the kids when we are limited to 28 players? We can’t just sit them and add kids without making roster moves of some kind
You sure get up early. lol

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is where we disagree. I think the owners were willing and JD misread the situation and bungled things.
Or maybe preferred Cali or maybe JD did not ingratiate like Arte or maybe he needed to be money whipped to stay here.
One thing I do agree on. They should have traded Minor if they were not going to add to the offense. At least though now to resign him ourselves the price has dropped drastically

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do we stop playing the players who are not part of our future and play the kids when we are limited to 28 players? We can’t just sit them and add kids without making roster moves of some kind
Despite being unrealistic it was said yesterday we are 3 1/2 out of WC. Sure there are some players not ready to throw in the towel

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect the players to play as though the WC is in reach.

As a fan, I'd rather start developing the young players, because the Rangers don't have a snowball's chance in hell against the elite teams in the league.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do what we have done in the past when someone stunk. Put them on the DL. Hahaha! We actually have enough young players now to play them and sit those guys I mentioned. And to be honest with you I couldn't care less if we just let Choo walk in this last year. I mean what is the difference. It's a 60 game season and we are going nowhere. We pay him for a season like this or pay him to be released and go somewhere else?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he just was not as prepared as needed. At this point especially if we trade Lynn would not be surprised if he got a one year deal from us.
If that were the case wouldn't he be better by now?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe preferred Cali or maybe JD did not ingratiate like Arte or maybe he needed to be money whipped to stay here.
One thing I do agree on. They should have traded Minor if they were not going to add to the offense. At least though now to resign him ourselves the price has dropped drastically
JD's reaction after Rendon signed was very telling to me. It was a lot different than after any other target signed somewhere else.

I think Rendon preferred to be negotiated with properly, or his agent did. Boras had already let it be known that 7 year offers were needed, and somehow JD thought that didn't matter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite being unrealistic it was said yesterday we are 3 1/2 out of WC. Sure there are some players not ready to throw in the towel
You sure couldn't tell it by the way they hit the ball. Either way, I am glad the players don't make these decisions.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which players

Pure speculation but any player who has some pride plays the best they can It has been said some tank to get a coach fired or as Astros did to get a high draft pick. Lynn is playing great. Joey was ticked off not getting the slam but since then hard to say.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He
JD's reaction after Rendon signed was very telling to me. It was a lot different than after any other target signed somewhere else.

I think Rendon preferred to be negotiated with properly, or his agent did. Boras had already let it be known that 7 year offers were needed, and somehow JD thought that didn't matter.
He seemed very upset.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were the case wouldn't he be better by now?
Well his velocity is down and read where he might have dead arm. Just my hunch he might not have been prepared and workload over contract a bit much

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t imagine them moving him with Trout Rendon etc on roster
And Ohtani should be able to pitch next year.

But, Dylan is doing even better than expected and this would be a perfect time to deal him. What they get back in the rrade could help them well before Trout and Rendon are done, maybe even by sometime next year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his velocity is down and read where he might have dead arm. Just my hunch he might not have been prepared and workload over contract a bit much
See, those are the reasons why I thought it might be related to his innings increasing significantly the past two years. lol

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor is in the middle of another one of his epic slumps.

hes 0 for his last 18 and we just got done facing one of his favorite opponents. The mariners, royals, and orioles are the few teams he does well against because they don’t have pitching staffs.

Should be interesting to see how ugly his numbers look after we play the A’s, dodgers, and Astros all in a row.

you know his ass will probably be out there 9 games out of the 10 unless the rangers want to sit and “protect” him from very strong pitchers like I’ve actually seen them do before.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor is in the middle of another one of his epic slumps.

hes 0 for his last 18 and we just got done facing one of his favorite opponents. The mariners, royals, and orioles are the few teams he does well against because they don’t have pitching staffs.

Should be interesting to see how ugly his numbers look after we play the A’s, dodgers, and Astros all in a row.

you know his ass will probably be out there 9 games out of the 10 unless the rangers want to sit and “protect” him from very strong pitchers like I’ve actually seen them do before.

Something tells me you do not like little Roogie. Why? He was never talented enough to play MLB but JD offered him big money and two ponies never the less. Now who would blame little Roogie for taking the money. Tell me honestly that you wouldn't.

No one likes the situation . But put the "bottom line" blame where it belongs.