• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers hope to revive offense at home vs A's 8/15-8/17

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal if I may interject. The whole world saw that it was a fracture to Choo when it happened. Yes Choo is getting old and IMO is more likely to get injured esp back but that was VERY unfortunate and as a Ranger fan we hate to see this happen to him and our team. Without him lead off is not as strong and we hope Profar can get it done at least against RHP. So Romeo is a bit over the top and on the old ESPN board I took a few lumps but mostly when my take was suspect. If I post something off base I expect to get called out. This board is a good board overall and anything good that was on old ESPN board is now here.

Just a couple of thoughts

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua is being brought up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal if I may interject. The whole world saw that it was a fracture to Choo when it happened. Yes Choo is getting old and IMO is more likely to get injured esp back but that was VERY unfortunate and as a Ranger fan we hate to see this happen to him and our team. Without him lead off is not as strong and we hope Profar can get it done at least against RHP. So Romeo is a bit over the top and on the old ESPN board I took a few lumps but mostly when my take was suspect. If I post something off base I expect to get called out. This board is a good board overall and anything good that was on old ESPN board is now here.

Jaar is a different animal altogether. @jta4437 knows this.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me the biggest problems on the old board came when folks thought that had to make disagreements personal. On that board and on the DMN board if you had anything negative to say about Wash or JD there were certain posters that thought it was their personal duty to tell you how ignorant you were. There were some who knew how to disagree the right way as well though. There were more folks on there who didn't know how to disagree, but there were more folks posting as well so some of that was to be expected.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for Harrell to come through and that may be a tall order.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the biggest problems on the old board came when folks thought that had to make disagreements personal. On that board and on the DMN board if you had anything negative to say about Wash or JD there were certain posters that thought it was their personal duty to tell you how ignorant you were. There were some who knew how to disagree the right way as well though. There were more folks on there who didn't know how to disagree, but there were more folks posting as well so some of that was to be expected.

Some of the stuff was so off the wall. I know I had to be more negative on Wash and more pro JD even though I really am because all the Nolan bias and Wash love at times. But it was nice to have some new blood post. Wash was really biased against the youth but I still think he is a terrific teacher of the infield and 3rd base coach. Disagreed with overuse of MY and lineup. But he had some good qualities. Those Washisms

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the stuff was so off the wall. I know I had to be more negative on Wash and more pro JD even though I really am because all the Nolan bias and Wash love at times. But it was nice to have some new blood post. Wash was really biased against the youth but I still think he is a terrific teacher of the infield and 3rd base coach. Disagreed with overuse of MY and lineup. But he had some good qualities. Those Washisms

Wash is an excellent infield coach. That's where he needs to stay.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Martin Perez. After a tough 1st inning he really settled down and found a nice rhythm. More outings like tonight would be such a bonus for Texas going forward.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Martin Perez. After a tough 1st inning he really settled down and found a nice rhythm. More outings like tonight would be such a bonus for Texas going forward.
Yes, once he made that adjustment in his mechanics a few games ago he has been a much better pitcher.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, once he made that adjustment in his mechanics a few games ago he has been a much better pitcher.
I could be wrong but seemed like he mixed in his change up a lot more tonight. That used to be his money pitch. If he gets that back he can be very good.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash is an excellent infield coach. That's where he needs to stay.
He was the epitome of the Peter Principle at work. He finally got promoted to his level of incompetence.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but seemed like he mixed in his change up a lot more tonight. That used to be his money pitch. If he gets that back he can be very good.
He used it quite bit in the start before also.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I'm surprised about Choo. It sucks, but I'm used to watching this team with Choo on the DL. Probably the best option is Delino. See if he could jump start the line up again.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I'm surprised about Choo. It sucks, but I'm used to watching this team with Choo on the DL. Probably the best option is Delino. See if he could jump start the line up again.

hope we don't see much of him

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo and Desmond don't belong hitting where they are in the lineup right now.

Well, you don't have to worry about Choo anymore. And watch how negatively this effects our entire lineup, b/c we flat don't have anyone else who's a good lead-off man.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you don't have to worry about Choo anymore. And watch how negatively this effects our entire lineup, b/c we flat don't have anyone else who's a good lead-off man.
You are right. DDJ did well for much of last year but has not looked good at the plate this year. Profar really struggled leading off recently but I guess it is between him and Andrus.