• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers head to NY to visit their old pals Rougie and Joey: 9/20-22

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they give King a chance to start next year. He could pitch in AAA and come up occasionally when they want to limit some of our starters innings. We could use 2 or 3 guys like that at AAA if we go with a rotation of 5 young guys next year. It would work like a 7 or 8 man rotation where guys are occasionally sent down or DLed to limit overall innings.

Add Drew Anderson to that list

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Drew Anderson to that list
If he survives the 40 man roster cuts.

There are several guys who could be added to the list of rotated rotation members.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is why I thought they might keep Arihara for the season. But yes makes sense. They are more into limiting the counts versus complete shutdown

I think there's the idea that Arihara would clear waivers and then go to Round Rock or something. Not sure.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never cared for the Arihara signing, but for those who did, wouldn't it make just as much sense, or more, for a team to pick him up on waivers and take a chance on him for a year, as it did for the Rangers to sign him for 2 years? I mean, it would be easy for those who saw value in his signing to chalk up his bad year to the aneurysm problem, I would think.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never cared for the Arihara signing, but for those who did, wouldn't it make just as much sense, or more, for a team to pick him up on waivers and take a chance on him for a year, as it did for the Rangers to sign him for 2 years? I mean, it would be easy for those who saw value in his signing to chalk up his bad year to the aneurysm problem, I would think.
no that second year at 3.6M will probably go away. Arihara probably will waive that 2nd year and return to Japan

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no that second year at 3.6M will probably go away. Arihara probably will waive that 2nd year and return to Japan
You think he can make more money there? I think it is 100 percent flyer for a pick up. But seems like Rangers can pull him back and negotiate if someone wants him. Pure speculation on my part

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he can make more money there? I think it is 100 percent flyer for a pick up. But seems like Rangers can pull him back and negotiate if someone wants him. Pure speculation on my part
What are the exceptions for trading after the deadline? Does he have to clear waivers first?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same on my part but someone on tv mentioned the return to Japan as a strong possibility and mentioned a couple of Japanese players who have done that when it didn’t work out here

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the exceptions for trading after the deadline? Does he have to clear waivers first?
There aren’t any exceptions. Once he clears waivers he gets released or goes to the minors

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be a case of "if he's not good enough for the Rangers, he's definitely not good enough for us."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not send him down and see if the aneurysm problem could be overcome. We may then want to keep him and see if his trade value increases and trade him. Just a passing thought.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a case of "if he's not good enough for the Rangers, he's definitely not good enough for us."
There was a major health problem that could be seen by some as more of a reason than an excuse though.

I have read where media types and some fans were talking him up as a good pitcher.

I just don't know that it is a certainty that he clears waivers. Eighty percent probably, but maybe not 100 percent.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not send him down and see if the aneurysm problem could be overcome. We may then want to keep him and see if his trade value increases and trade him. Just a passing thought.
I think he is over and done with the aneurysm problem now.

My point is that it is not a given that he isn't claimed by another team.

Now, the trade scenario could play out if we are allowed to trade him now.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a major health problem that could be seen by some as more of a reason than an excuse though.

I have read where media types and some fans were talking him up as a good pitcher.

I just don't know that it is a certainty that he clears waivers. Eighty percent probably, but maybe not 100 percent.

Possibly...

I think he was the one you mentioned was a sunk cost this weekend. Can't say I've seen anything from him that would indicate he has any value to the Rangers or anyone else.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they could also think that with the IR time maybe the Rangers were premature and that it might be worth a try. Then again he may opt to void that last year and return to his comfort zone: Japan

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is over and done with the aneurysm problem now.

My point is that it is not a given that he isn't claimed by another team.

Now, the trade scenario could play out if we are allowed to trade him now.
We aren’t allowed to trade him now. Not until after the season

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly...

I think he was the one you mentioned was a sunk cost this weekend. Can't say I've seen anything from him that would indicate he has any value to the Rangers or anyone else.
I definitely wouldn't be interested in him. I know there are others who see him differently though. I just don't know if the right people do.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely wouldn't be interested in him. I know there are others who see him differently though. I just don't know if the right people do.

Anything can happen. It's not guaranteed that he clears waivers, sure. But I certainly aren't putting any chips on it.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think he is selected then they pull him back. Then negotiate. I am no expert but think that is it

If he clears and is retained on mlb roster then other team pays the minimum and we pick up the remainder

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I think he is selected then they pull him back. Then negotiate. I am no expert but think that is it

If he clears and is retained on mlb roster then other team pays the minimum and we pick up the remainder
Waivers at this point are irrevocable i believe.