• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Go To Oakland For 4 July 25-28

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to send you out on the ledge 'again' I'm sure.....Heard yesterday, Odor is hitting .275 since the AS break....If this is correct he isn't going anywhere.

Also, Guzman should have never been called up to begin with. He was here due to our needs and not based on where he was or is in his maturing process.....He's back down now and he should stay down, play everyday and get the experience he obviously needs......It's tough to learn how to hit lefties at the highest level when you didn't even do so at the lower one's.

Frankly, our organization has done a disservice to several players by placing our short term needs over the long term good of not only the individual player, but our team in the long term as well, IMO.
We had Gallo to play 1B and they said they were going to leave him there all year. Then when Guzman got hot they brought him up.

What I don't get with the Odor discussuon is how everyone says he can't be traded no matter if he is in the midst of a slump or if he is playing well. lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before coming up Guzman had almost 600 AB at AAA and hit right at .300. That is generally more than enough to be considered ready to come up, across the board, in basenall. He wasn't rushed at all.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Gallo to play 1B and they said they were going to leave him there all year. Then when Guzman got hot they brought him up.

What I don't get with the Odor discussuon is how everyone says he can't be traded no matter if he is in the midst of a slump or if he is playing well. lol

It really is disappointing for the large faction of fans who don’t like Odor.

We’re probably stuck with him until 2023.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone doesn't say that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone doesn't say that.
True, I was exaggerating for effect. You do read that about him though. Many times it is the same folks who make both arguments at various times.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless we change GMs before then, you are probably correct.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dillon Tate has been promoted to the big leagues by the Orioles.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Odor can not be sent down, what are your options? Likely you can't trade him. Not likely JD will pay him off and send him walking. Probably won't bench him often. So what do you do? Likely we play him and hope he gets his game together. Think I'll set him to the side and go with the latter. Enough hate and discontent.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Odor can not be sent down, what are your options? Likely you can't trade him. Not likely JD will pay him off and send him walking. Probably won't bench him often. So what do you do? Likely we play him and hope he gets his game together. Think I'll set him to the side and go with the latter. Enough hate and discontent.

The “elephant in the room” is his terrible performance.

Who wants a player who is totally garbage for 100 games and pretty good for 50-60 games?

Even if odor tears it up the rest of this year, I’m not going to give him any benefit of the doubt or leeway.

He pulled the same “trick” on us last year. He was horrible until what June? July? Then it seemed like pitchers couldn’t get him out the rest of the year. He had a good spring training, then proceeded to shit the bed the next 100 regular season games or so.

I just don’t think he can ever get the consistency thing going and consistency is precisely what you want (borderline demand) from your regular players.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was ok to be stuck with him the last few games.

Batting 2 because best chance for team as of now

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who wants a player who is totally garbage for 100 games and pretty good for 50-60 games?

Even if odor tears it up the rest of this year, I’m not going to give him any benefit of the doubt or leeway.

He pulled the same “trick” on us last year. He was horrible until what June? July? Then it seemed like pitchers couldn’t get him out the rest of the year. He had a good spring training, then proceeded to shit the bed the next 100 regular season games or so.

I just don’t think he can ever get the consistency thing going and consistency is precisely what you want (borderline demand) from your regular players.
Deal with the options. We know all that stuff. Knowing the choices, what would you do. Nothing.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some. JD and his tenure is parallel to Odor..... stuck....ha

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal with the options. We know all that stuff. Knowing the choices, what would you do. Nothing.

Bench him more.......play him periodically in spots where he can’t hurt the team. He’s really been a drag this year when you assess his overall performance.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench him more.......play him periodically in spots where he can’t hurt the team. He’s really been a drag this year when you assess his overall performance.
Now you're are getting some where.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he continues to hit I would consider trading him within the next few days. If bot, I wait and work out the best deal possible this offseason. I certainly don't want his slump prone bat in the lineup once we get better.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't continue to hit well the rest of the year last year. He finished the season in another prolonged slump.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he continues to hit I would consider trading him within the next few days. If bot, I wait and work out the best deal possible this offseason. I certainly don't want his slump prone bat in the lineup once we get better.
A trade is possible but certainly unlikely based on history as we know it.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Rollie Fingers pitching!? Are we stuck in the 1970s?