• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Go To Oakland For 4 July 25-28

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say that again . 6 rbis! I’m sure he’s got agents attention. I’ll clobber jd if he’s gone.

The whole league is probably looking at him.

JD has to be very careful. Santana makes the league minimum this year and he’s under team control for the next 2 years. Very cheap control.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Syndergaard is available.

Better cross your fingers that the Astros don’t get him. Yikes.
That depends on if they overpay or not. Syndergard will be a free agent after the 2021 season. If they are worse after that to be good before then, then that would seem to benefit us.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole league is probably looking at him.

JD has to be very careful. Santana makes the league minimum this year and he’s under team control for the next 2 years. Very cheap control.
But whatever we lost in Minor’s last performance we gained in Santana but you’re right we keep him. But have to trade an outfielder to keep room. I’m more sure now we’re trading Probably Mazara.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But whatever we lost in Minor’s last performance we gained in Santana but you’re right we keep him. But have to trade an outfielder to keep room. I’m more sure now we’re trading Probably Mazara.

Take what you can get for Mazara. I wouldn’t be against trading pence and trying to do the nudge nudge wink wink come back next year thing with him.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on if they overpay or not. Syndergard will be a free agent after the 2021 season. If they are worse after that to be good before then, then that would seem to benefit us.

I don’t want them to win World Series. Championships help them keep the window open too.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a performance from Jurado. A three hitter , all in the first inning. I gave up on him for awhile.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a performance from Jurado. A three hitter , all in the first inning. I gave up on him for awhile.

I know we’re not going anywhere this season, but definitely a fun game tonight.

The rangers always struggle here.

I still think we’re trading 5 guys no matter what happens this weekend.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want them to win World Series. Championships help them keep the window open too.
I disagree. I think you are letting your dislike of the organization blind you. I think keeping really good prospects keeps their window open longer than if they traded them away. Sure they may even be better for a couple more years, but we aren't going to catch them that soon anyway.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the volume down. What’s the fascination with the bat boy?

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take what you can get for Mazara. I wouldn’t be against trading pence and trying to do the nudge nudge wink wink come back next year thing with him.
Just send Mazara to the NL. He will turn it around and rake somewhere else.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Very encouraging start for Jurado. Santana has been the most consistent player this season. Really nice game.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can’t believe JD let him get away without a fight. I was so disappointed.

IIRC this was right after he was suspended for illegal drugs and Cruz wanted somewhere in the neighborhood of 13-14M a year. JD and every other GM felt that was too much and that he was going to be a problem child, so he ended up signing a 1 year contract with Baltimore right about 8M (To prove himself which he did). He ended up having a career year and got the money he wanted from Seattle 14M the very next year. Seattle definitely got their monies worth from that 4 year contract, not many guys who had larger contracts came close to his stats.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC this was right after he was suspended for illegal drugs and Cruz wanted somewhere in the neighborhood of 13-14M a year. JD and every other GM felt that was too much and that he was going to be a problem child, so he ended up signing a 1 year contract with Baltimore right about 8M (To prove himself which he did). He ended up having a career year and got the money he wanted from Seattle 14M the very next year. Seattle definitely got their monies worth from that 4 year contract, not many guys who had larger contracts came close to his stats.

He deserved the benefit of the doubt from us. He carried us in the 2011 ALCS and we weren’t too far away from that time frame.

I know people blame him for the play in st.louis, but wash should’ve made a defensive change at the beginning of the 9th inning.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserved the benefit of the doubt from us. He carried us in the 2011 ALCS and we weren’t too far away from that time frame.

I think another factor in all of that was he waited until the last minute to serve his punishment when he had the opportunity to get it out of the way earlier and be back for the stretch run, some folks viewed this as him being "selfish" :crazy:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know people blame him for the play in st.louis, but wash should’ve made a defensive change at the beginning of the 9th inning.
Yep, it was a huge mistake letting him get away.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another factor in all of that was he waited until the last minute to serve his punishment when he had the opportunity to get it out of the way earlier and be back for the stretch run, some folks viewed this as him being "selfish" :crazy:

Yes as a JD apologist another factor was the timing. Every team in the league passed at demands Cruz agent made and moved on not wanting to crap out in needed offseason additions.

True I was a bit perturbed at his bailout due to the suspension but we offered more than Baltimore and he chucked that and took half later. If I was Cruz I would be made at my agent

If your looking to cast blame there is your Real scapegoat. I guess the only credible GM in the MLB was Baltimore. They pitch position players and continually tank looking for the perfect MILB roster.

And JD is the convenient scrub. So let the stone casting continue. Many more factors as well.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaven forbid a team win or even try to win when they should be tanking.

A philosophy that need to be taught to our little leaguers. And it is ok now to sandbag in Golf to manipulate your handicap. Just because Houston did it does not make it right

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses, excuses, excuses. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heaven forbid a team win or even try to win when they should be tanking.

A philosophy that need to be taught to our little leaguers. And it is ok now to sandbag in Golf to manipulate your handicap. Just because Houston did it does not make it right
Tanking and rebuilding can be completely different. In a full blown rebuild winning doesn't have to be the enemy. It just should be down on the list of priorities. If a trade helps in the future, but costs you wins presently it should be no big deal. If we had traded Choo in the offseason and replaced him with Calhoun full time and that costs us a few wins then so be it. It is simply placing team building and experience for younger players ahead of winning the most games. It is like saving for the future even though it means going out to eat less often.