• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers close out June with 3 in KC: TEX @ KC 6/27-9

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only counting those with 50+ ABs, before tonight our 4 best offensive players in June were; Lowe (.976), Garcia (.917), Semien (.791) and Heim (.780)

Duran came in at (.717), Seager at (.686), and Calhoun at (.579), nobody else eclipsed 50 ABs

Hopefully Garver can catch a groove like he did in May and Smith gets regular PT going forward

C: Heim
1B: Lowe
2B: Semien
3B: Smith
SS: Seager
LF: Calhoun
CF: Tavares
RF: Garcia
DH: Garver

I'd like to see Garcia in RF more, he's just better there but he's okay in CF, but if the alternative is Tavares or anyone else out there, I'll take Tavares for an extended look in CF and Adolis in RF

Rotation is Perez, Gray and Dunning and wait and see right now, hopefully Otto gets it back to pre-COVID form and cuts down on the walks but he's definitely on thin ice

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only counting those with 50+ ABs, before tonight our 4 best offensive players in June were; Lowe (.976), Garcia (.917), Semien (.791) and Heim (.780)

Duran came in at (.717), Seager at (.686), and Calhoun at (.579), nobody else eclipsed 50 ABs

Hopefully Garver can catch a groove like he did in May and Smith gets regular PT going forward

C: Heim
1B: Lowe
2B: Semien
3B: Smith
SS: Seager
LF: Calhoun
CF: Tavares
RF: Garcia
DH: Garver

I'd like to see Garcia in RF more, he's just better there but he's okay in CF, but if the alternative is Tavares or anyone else out there, I'll take Tavares for an extended look in CF and Adolis in RF

Rotation is Perez, Gray and Dunning and wait and see right now, hopefully Otto gets it back to pre-COVID form and cuts down on the walks but he's definitely on thin ice

Offense is looking decent. We seem to be about 1.5 starting pitchers short though lol

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against the Royals anyway

Yeah lol
But the Rangers are 7th in the AL in offense WAR over the last 30 days. Decent.

Our pitching on the other hand is 3rd in the AL over the last 30 days..wait.. what? Yep, 3rd.

If they could get some consistency from Seager & Semien and find a decent SP the Rangers might be in decent shape

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Royals are bad, but Gray Is sure looking like a good signing now that he's been able to stay healthy.
This has been about his seventh solid outing out of the last ten.
Agree. When someone is pitching well give credit where credit is due regardless who their opponent was.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leclerc needed to stay in the minors for an extended period of time. He wasn't even pitching that well down there.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why does the board love smith so much?
Take this one accomplishment. Can you name any previous Rangers rookie to have done this? There may be one or two, but I cannot think of who they would be. Not Michael Young. Not Blalock. Not Pudge. Not Kinsler. Not Juando. Not Sierra. Not Palmer. Not Chris Davis. Not Elvis. Not even Mitch Moreland. Not even Rookie of the Year, Mike Hargrove. None of those guys were even close. Rusty Greer was close if you ignore the game he only pinch hit in. Rusty had 10.

Besides that, he has shown to be a quick learner, he hustles, he is versatile, and he has a higher baseball IQ than a lot of seasoned veterans. He seems to have very good bat control.

He has a very small sample size as a major leaguer, but his minor league numbers last year were as good as most anyone I have kept up with as Rangers prospects.

The Rangers have been impressed with him since a scout noticed his hustle in a spring training game while he was with the Yankees. Here is a quote from an article written about him in spring training this year.

"Josh Smith is in his first spring training with the Rangers. He is making team officials take notice."

"Funny thing: The same thing happened last year even though he was with another club entirely."

"A year ago, Rangers scout Jonathan George was in Tampa for Yankees spring training, when he happened upon an early-camp intrasquad game. He was still watching when a tiny little third baseman sprinted for a foul pop and did a full-on Derek Jeter dive over the tarp."

'“I remember thinking that guy is a lunatic,” George said Thursday, using the description as the highest possible compliment. “Who does that. Winners do that. I believe that’s literally what I wrote down: “Hurt diving into stands in intrasquad game. Winner!”'

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will have to see if he gets back in a groove after that covid time off.

Depending on how bad a dose of Covid he had he may not have his strength back yet or other things back to normal...

When I had mine I was off work for 3 weeks and still wasn't totally back to full strength yet, that took about another week. Was still having dizzy spells for another month or so and couldn't look straight upwards for about 2 months. Most people complain about taste/smell being messed up for long periods of time but mine was only screwed up for about 10 days...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this year and that is what we should be concerned about. Will make Huff's position better.
i agree. if he had the surgery today it would be 7 to 8 months before he could start rehab which would put his return around April or March so he would just be ready for ST next season. the longer he delays the further in 2023 his return goes, and his option stays active. you can't trade or release a player while they're injured so the Rangers are literally forced to pick up his option year

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’s part of the future. It’s exciting.
He has a .486 OBP and has reached base in every single major league game so far
He’s got cool hair
He’s got a cool social media presence
He seems like a good dude

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s part of the future. It’s exciting.
He has a .486 OBP and has reached base in every single major league game so far
He’s got cool hair
He’s got a cool social media presence
He seems like a good dude
Hair is questionable.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing not to like is the injuries so far, and I think that's the only thing that's kept him from getting in real groove. especially the shoulder, bc i also think that played a factor in his inconsistent PT, extra days off and what not

He scored from 1st on a SINGLE, dude is fast and has the hustle