• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers break losing streak vs Twins 6/27-6/29

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively? Yes he's always been considered above average, probably doesn't move around the bag as well as he once did but is probably an upgrade over Moreland and definitely Fielder

Again, my appreciation for the help.....I honestly couldn't remember what his defensive capabilities were/are.

Moreland, I was always thought anyway, was pretty good....not great, but pretty good. And your take - believe it was yesterday - about putting Prince where he does the most good offensively and the least damage defensively I couldn't agree with more.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been pretty good since April, he's given up 13 runs this year and 7 of them came in April (5.91 ERA)

and then he had an outstanding May (1.54 ERA)

He's been ok in June, 4 ERs, but 2 came in his first game of the month (3.27 ERA)

3.41 Overall & 2.38 since April

So you're saying he's coming around, thats what we like to see. Need a few in that bullpen throwing well

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, my appreciation for the help.....I honestly couldn't remember what his defensive capabilities were/are.

Moreland, I was always thought anyway, was pretty good....not great, but pretty good. And your take - believe it was yesterday - about putting Prince where he does the most good offensively and the least damage defensively I couldn't agree with more.

Well when he had no injury issues it was moot, but now its time to get him off the field as much as possible

He's got no excuses now

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying he's coming around, thats what we like to see. Need a few in that bullpen throwing well

Cotts, Frasor, Tolleson, Soria and Poreda have actually been solid for a while now, its filling out the other spots thats been problematic

All of them have had their rough outings but most of those came early on, and it seems like they've been alternating recently

But I'm pretty confident in that group

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo hit his 8th with Frisco tonight.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from my son's 3v3 soccer tournament to finish the game. We looked pretty good in all areas.

No more hit n' runs with Beltre and Murphy. Murphy has been swinging through everything lately, and although Beltre used the antlers recently he's probably the worst option in that situation. It was strange I thought maybe Beltre missed a sign.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua was 2-4 w/ a HR and 4 RBI's for the Express. Klein and Feliz pitched scoreless 8th and 9th innings to preserve the 1 run lead.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rua was 2-4 w/ a HR and 4 RBI's for the Express. Klein and Feliz pitched scoreless 8th and 9th innings to preserve the 1 run lead.
Jackson pitches Sunday. I'll be interested in his first start in AAA.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosenthal labels relievers Neal Cotts and Jason Frasor as the Rangers most likely to be traded. Alex Rios and Joakim Soria could also be marketed. The club won’t solicit offers for third baseman Adrian Beltre, but they will listen if approached. Elvis Andrus is also drawing interest. The Rangers currently sit 12.5 games back of first place in the AL West.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't trade / sell off too much of the team. We've already undergone lots of change the last few years. At some point, we need stability and guys set in their roles.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't trade / sell off too much of the team. We've already undergone lots of change the last few years. At some point, we need stability and guys set in their roles.

If St. Louis and their surplus of pitchers want to acquire EA I would certainly be interested. As far as Cotts and Frasor go...I think they can be replaced. I'm not sure you would get much for either though, so we might be better off holding on to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe some pieces will be moved, however unless there are teams willing to give up ML ready pitching prospects or BP guys I think we hold on to the core guys. I think JD only moves AB, EA or heaven forbid Darvish unless he can get big returns (multiple big league players). The injured crew won't bring much, and I believe you only move guys that will make you contenders for 2015. The current team aside from all the injuries could be a contending team with the addition of possibly 2 starting pitchers acquired through trade or FA. Too much talent on the big league team and still in the system to mail in 2015 at this time.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If St. Louis and their surplus of pitchers want to acquire EA I would certainly be interested. As far as Cotts and Frasor go...I think they can be replaced. I'm not sure you would get much for either though, so we might be better off holding on to them.

Definitely depends on the team and their needs and the situation, we sent CD and TH for Uehara, just to try and bolster a WS roster

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely depends on the team and their needs and the situation, we sent CD and TH for Uehara, just to try and bolster a WS roster

But no one at the time had a problem with that trade

Davis' year last year is the only reason it looks like a bad trade, lets look at this year and every other year of his career

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But no one at the time had a problem with that trade

Davis' year last year is the only reason it looks like a bad trade, lets look at this year and every other year of his career

Never said it was bad trade, just said there may be a team to offer us something along the same lines