• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers at Angels 6/20-6/22

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo is just not getting down to first. He needs a DL stay.

This is another thing that doesn't make sense. Choo has been awful since he's been moved into the 3 spot, and yes he's definitely playing hurt, but why? Why do we need him. I'd rather protect them for next year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone agree now that we should not have a career minor league OF learning to play 1st on the job? It makes no sense.

It doesn't make any sense but neither does both your starting 1B and your backup 1B going down to season ending injuries before the AS break. I like Rua and would love to see him up but he was at single A Hickory all year last year with a brief stint at Frisco at the end of the year where he didn't do all that well. I know Sardinas and Odor have done well but not sure the organization is going to chance calling up another AA player for permanent duty at this point vs risking stunting his development. Don posted something earlier about the Rangers lack of development with power hitters since Texeira, not sure they will be willing to make the move anytime soon

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make any sense but neither does both your starting 1B and your backup 1B going down to season ending injuries before the AS break. I like Rua and would love to see him up but he was at single A Hickory all year last year with a brief stint at Frisco at the end of the year where he didn't do all that well. I know Sardinas and Odor have done well but not sure the organization is going to chance calling up another AA player for permanent duty at this point vs risking stunting his development. Don posted something earlier about the Rangers lack of development with power hitters since Texeira, not sure they will be willing to make the move anytime soon

Then put murphy over there. This is just like when they tried to make Profar an outfielder last year during the season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then put murphy over. This just like when they tried to make Profar an outfielder last year.

I agree Snyder doesn't need to be there, but the truth be told there isn't a 1B in the organization that should be there on a daily basis. Hell at this point call up Brett Nicholas as another option for catching depth and put Giminez there.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then put murphy over there. This is just like when they tried to make Profar an outfielder last year during the season.

honestly it might be why he is have trouble hitting, his head could be all screwed up b/c he isn't comfortable where he is on defense. Kid was hitting awesome in AAA though. He earned a spot and the truth is, no matter what the situation is at this point, someone is going to be playing first that doesn't really have any experience there. Unless you want to call up Pena.

I do here ya loud and clear though, it's hurting his game and not helping us at all.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly it might be why he is have trouble hitting, his head could be all screwed up b/c he isn't comfortable where he is on defense. Kid was hitting awesome in AAA though. He earned a spot and the truth is, no matter what the situation is at this point, someone is going to be playing first that doesn't really have any experience there. Unless you want to call up Pena.

I do here ya loud and clear though, it's hurting his game and not helping us at all.

Kid, he is 32.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is the team doesn't have the level of pitching day in and day out that can make up for bad defense and mediocre, on most days offense. Gonna be more losses than wins going forward just hope the owners and FO at least try to address it in the offseason

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's no doubt that the pressure he's feeling defensively has screwed him up offensively. Either way I think it's a poor decision. If you don't want to stunt Rua's growth, then call up Adams. He's 26.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
choices power is a bright spot… just hope he can hit for better average in the future.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is the team doesn't have the level of pitching day in and day out that can make up for bad defense and mediocre, on most days offense. Gonna be more losses than wins going forward just hope the owners and FO at least try to address it in the offseason

It seems like we're giving up 6+ every single night. There's not much to look forward to for the rest of the year.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid, he is 32.

:laugh3:Haha… I could lie and say I'm really old so he's a kid to me but I'm 32 so… you got me there.

Still we aren't doing him much good same as we did with Profar like you were saying.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, pitching is the main issue but we have agreed on this time and time again. Tough to win with pitching as inconsistent as ours has been.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like we're giving up 6+ every single night. There's not much to look forward to for the rest of the year.

I am afraid not pitching-wise, but good to see some glimmers from the likes of leonys, Choice, Sardinas, Odor and such from time to time. Tonight it just wasn't in the cards, it doesn't seem

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that the pressure he's feeling defensively has screwed him up offensively. Either way I think it's a poor decision. If you don't want to stunt Rua's growth, then call up Adams. He's 26.

Might as well throw Choo on the DL and let him get his ankle and head right and throw Snyder out there. Let Murphy or Adams play 1B. I'd like to see Rua and there is still a chance we will but it might be too early to start the clock.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am afraid not pitching-wise, but good to see some glimmers from the likes of leonys, Choice, Sardinas, Odor and such from time to time. Tonight it just wasn't in the cards, it doesn't seem

Yeah, I think we are going to have to get used to it. I just can't stand losing to the Angles. I feel the same way about the Angels that you do about the A's.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rowen could be an O'day type for us next season out of the pen or further down the line.