• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Angelic visit to La La land 7/18-7/20

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for whatever it's worth, Ephland - who I like a lot on this site - went off this morning for some reason. He'll be fine though. ha ha ha Good poster and good guy too it seems to me.

Several things at play, really... Frustration about the team, boredom at work, and Will's snarky post last night about something I said a few days ago. But it's over now... I vented and now I'm good. I'll do a better job about keeping it on the rails.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let me add both Cole Hamels and AJ Griffin were extremely cool last night. Both signed baseballs for my kids who were in awe getting to meet actual Ranger players. Hamels even took time to have a conversation with a few of us as BP was going on and was very cordial. Kids wanted to meet Darvish but unlike every other pitcher on staff he stayed in the clubhouse until game time. Fielder was also a no show for BP.

It's a crapshoot for the most part, but I'll say that for a player of his stature, Darvish does sign a lot. He does not engage, obviously, but he'll sign.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of garbage in that article

Exhibit A: Trading Gallo to get rid of Fielder's contract, just release Fielder if that's what you have to do to get rid of him...
I think doing something like that would have to be part of a deal where we took on a whole lot of salary like we did last season with Hamels. Hopefully, we are no longer in the financial position that we have to pay someone in prospects just to take on our salary dump in order for us to be able to take on salary ourselves. Hopefully, the paying someone with prospects to take Harrison to offset Hamels salary type deals are a thing of the past.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank the Red Sox for that. They inflated the market going after Pommie.
That is why I think JD waits until the last minute to make a deal if he makes a major deal

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than intermittent short term stretches Fielder is done. At least that is my opinion. Any attempt to get him "right" by playing him is counter productive I think.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do a better job about keeping it on the rails.

It's OK to vent and lose one's mind here partner. Fuck-a-bunch-of-rails. Go for it. ha

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a way for Banny to help him out. Bat him 7th or 8th in the order and hope he 'sees' better pitches to hit.

Swallow the pride Prince and take lower part of the order.

You hit a HR with this one. :clap:

I kind-of/sort-of get wanting/needing Prince to "get going." But when he's struggling this mightily for this length of time you've got to protect the rest of our lineup from Prince's failures.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all really.

You posted a statement I disagreed with, and asked a question is all I did.

But for whatever it's worth, Ephland - who I like a lot on this site - went off this morning for some reason. He'll be fine though. ha ha ha Good poster and good guy too it seems to me.
No comment. I like that you are on these Ranger forums especially anyone who puts up one of my favorite players of all time in Clemente.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quintana and a reliever for Profar and another MiL prospect. That might just work. If the Chisox throw in some dough it could be even better. I know, I know let's keep Profar.

Terrible deal, swap Odor in and MAYBE you have something