• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Angelic visit to La La land 7/18-7/20

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do. They spend like drunken sailors and end up either not making the playoffs or losing the division series.
They picked up a lot of salaries and washed up players from Boston a few years ago.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it needs to include guys like DDJ/Cordell and a guy like Guzman (don't really want to lose him but we can't hold on to everybody) because I do not want another player who is not able to play because the position is covered. There is no trade with Profar and someone like Gallo or Maz and so on. It is just one of those guys and then a number of others.

You want another team to give us a quality starter and reliever for DDJ/Cordell/Guzman and people like Profar/Gallo/Maz are off limits? What's the upside for them?

In order to get quality, you have to give up some IMO, and I wouldn't give up a quality BP guy alone for DDJ and Guzman.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I say "your organizational depth" it is referring to the Rangers organization in the 3rd person possesive since I do not actually work for the front office, but have been a fan since 1977. Your "Aggieness" is showing BTW.

And yes, JTA, the manager absolutely has the ability to put Pujols on base in that situation with 1st base open by simply calling for an intentional ball 4 once the count goes to 3-1. Likely the culprit here was Mr. Lohse as he simply "missed" his location. Watch Chirinos immediately after contact is made. He didn't even watch the ball. He knew Lohse had badly missed. That is poorly managed baseball. Pure and simple. And IMO, that is on Lohse...and Banister.

My "Aggieness"? ha ok, moving on, not even worth getting into

Most fans of teams use "our", because they claim ownership of teams they are truly fans of, I have never thought you were a fan of the Rangers, so it just further confirms my suspicions, just a semi-intelligent troll

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let me add both Cole Hamels and AJ Griffin were extremely cool last night. Both signed baseballs for my kids who were in awe getting to meet actual Ranger players. Hamels even took time to have a conversation with a few of us as BP was going on and was very cordial. Kids wanted to meet Darvish but unlike every other pitcher on staff he stayed in the clubhouse until game time. Fielder was also a no show for BP.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want another team to give us a quality starter and reliever for DDJ/Cordell/Guzman and people like Profar/Gallo/Maz are off limits? What's the upside for them?

In order to get quality, you have to give up some IMO, and I wouldn't give up a quality BP guy alone for DDJ and Guzman.
Didn't say the were off limits. Only one of those 3. Face it, nothing being offered is equal to more than one of those guys. If someone gets a Profar, Guzman, Cordell and some other player that is not a bad haul. You wanted something there it is. I stuck my neck out.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a classy way for Profar to tell the FO 'crap or get off the pot.' Whether he realized it or not, it was an effective comment.

Do keep in mind we've got him under control for the next 3 seasons.

But as I stated earlier, I had no problem with his comments, nor his desires.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They picked up a lot of salaries and washed up players from Boston a few years ago.

Too bad they are no longer in the business of picking up the salaries of washed up players. If they were, we would have quite a deal for them. :)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "Aggieness"? ha ok, moving on, not even worth getting into

Most fans of teams use "our", because they claim ownership of teams they are truly fans of, I have never thought you were a fan of the Rangers, so it just further confirms my suspicions, just a semi-intelligent troll
I think I will start using "our" when we are playing good ball and "your" when not. Kind of like my kids. HA!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok JTA. I will only refer to the Rangers using first person possesive if that makes you feel any better.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say the were off limits.

This is what you said, "There is no trade with Profar and someone like Gallo or Maz and so on."

No trade means they're off limits to me.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what you said, "There is no trade with Profar and someone like Gallo or Maz and so on."

No trade means they're off limits to me.
This is what I copied : "There is no trade with Profar and someone like Gallo or Maz and so on. It is just one of those guys and then a number of others."

In other words no Profar AND Gallo or Gallo AND Maz. Just one of those three along with the other players I mentioned. You guys are in an argumentative mood today.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised that we cannot get Santana without giving up one of our big 3.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These........I mean"OUR" sumbitches need to start winning some games so the hostility on this board can die down a little bit. Everyone seems a bit on edge the last couple weeks! :D

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are in an argumentative mood today.

Not at all really.

You posted a statement I disagreed with, and asked a question is all I did.

But for whatever it's worth, Ephland - who I like a lot on this site - went off this morning for some reason. He'll be fine though. ha ha ha Good poster and good guy too it seems to me.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all really.

You posted a statement I disagreed with, and asked a question is all I did.

But for whatever it's worth, Ephland - who I like a lot on this site - went off this morning for some reason. He'll be fine though. ha ha ha Good poster and good guy too it seems to me.

Been going on longer than a day

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little thing called America Online came out in 1991. Floppy disks and a 1440 baud dial-up modem. I was also 13 at the time, so there's a greater than zero chance I wasn't working for the DOD.
I actually remember visiting a message board in the 80s on the TRS-80 Model 100 my wife had to buy for college. It came with a type of modem with cups to put the old fashioned receiver into.

trs80-100.jpg

Tandy/Radio Shack model 100 portable computer