• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Angelic visit to La La land 7/18-7/20

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
group effort - usually is with streaks

reality check - this team got all caught up in themselves 4 weeks ago and now everyone is looking around the room

just an opinion

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I bitched about were Mitch and Rua's pathetic at bats. Having those two back to back in the lineup killed us. I don't know who pissed in your corn flakes this morning, but suck it up, buttercup.

I don't eat corn flakes.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then if that's the case then I'd sure like everyone to shut the fuck up about Prince Fielder.
I haven't been posting much during games lately. Is that still going on about Prince? He's been mediocre lately but not the worst offender.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: do you think you're providing some sort of intuitive opinion with that?

And I'd sure love for you to point out where I said it was. Never once have I said "the offense is the reason games are being lost." Nope. Now, I guess I can see how someone could mistake "there are a lot of problems with the offense" with "the offense is the reason we are losing games".... wait, no I can't. Because I didn't fail reading comprehension in school.

You implied there was a problem when you bitched about them only scoring 6 fucking runs against the Angels.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
group effort - usually is with streaks

reality check - this team got all caught up in themselves 4 weeks ago and now everyone is looking around the room

just an opinion
I am fairly certain it's the injured rotation and overworked bullpen that's caused this free fall. JD has a chance to put a big bandaid on it. Hopefully he can.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then if that's the case then I'd sure like everyone to shut the fuck up about Prince Fielder.

Prince shows no signs of improving. He consistently drags the team down with negative value. Wtf is your problem this morning?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard part of a conversation on 105.3 a few minutes ago and apparently Profar is quoted as stating, "he sees himself as an everyday ML SS, and he "expects" to be one next season, regardless of team."

I got in late on the interview/conversation so I'm not sure who Jurk was talking with. Sorry.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You implied there was a problem when you bitched about them only scoring 6 fucking runs against the Angels.

my point was that scoring 6 against the Angels was certainly not something to point to as "Hey, the offense is doing great!" Was that not clear? Let me try again, chief:

Scoring 6 runs against Tim Lincecum is about the dumbest fucking thing to brag about ever.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point was that scoring 6 against the Angels was certainly not something to point to as "Hey, the offense is doing great!" Was that not clear? Let me try again, chief:

Scoring 6 runs against Tim Lincecum is about the dumbest fucking thing to brag about ever.

Go pop a fucking midol and change your tampon, Nancy. Jesus.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question: do you think you're providing some sort of intuitive opinion with that?

And I'd sure love for you to point out where I said it was. Never once have I said "the offense is the reason games are being lost." Nope. Now, I guess I can see how someone could mistake "there are a lot of problems with the offense" with "the offense is the reason we are losing games".... wait, no I can't. Because I didn't fail reading comprehension in school.

You've got issues. You come at me with reading comprehension problems, yet you're the one saying me saying "the offense isn't the problem" is the same as saying "the offense is rocking and rolling".

You said "the offense sucks". Those were your words. So, I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to interpret that statement other than that they are a problem for this team. If something sucks, it's a problem.

I'm posting stats, and you're resorting to semantics and insulting multiple board members.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard part of a conversation on 105.3 a few minutes ago and apparently Profar is quoted as stating, "he sees himself as an everyday ML SS, and he "expects" to be one next season, regardless of team."

I got in late on the interview/conversation so I'm not sure who Jurk was talking with. Sorry.
The context of the original statement was around Profar realizing he was a high profile trade target. He also mentioned he would welcome a trade if it improves the Rangers while also allowing him to play SS next season. Not very controversial for a talented young player to want to actually play his gifted position for a ballclub next year.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please show me where anyone bragged.

Somehow to you "the offense is not the problem"= bragging and raving. And we're the ones with reading comprehension problems?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true.

But we also "should have" scored more. Opportunities were there.

You can say that about every single game ever, though. If you leave men on base, especially in scoring position, you had some opportunities you didn't capitalize on. They did scratch out runs and executed after the pitching gave up the lead. They made something out of nothing, so those instances tend to balance out with those bases loaded fail situations over time.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The context of the original statement was around Profar realizing he was a high profile trade target. He also mentioned he would welcome a trade if it improves the Rangers while also allowing him to play SS next season. Not very controversial for a talented young player to want to actually play his gifted position for a ballclub next year.

10-4, and I agree. When was this conversation? I've been outta the loop of all things Rangers somewhat for about a week.

I've got no issue whatsoever with Profar wanting and expecting to play his natural position next season.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fairly certain it's the injured rotation and overworked bullpen that's caused this free fall. JD has a chance to put a big bandaid on it. Hopefully he can.
that is the popular opinion in print and the air waves around town. I tend to look at things differently I suppose.

overworked bullpen is an excuse. Quality pitches along with being behind in the count has more to do with this bull pens results. I think the mindset at the beginning was to go right at people throwing strikes. Problem quickly became location and the quality of pitch which has always been what pitching is about. Lately we nibble and fall behind in counts. The message has changed while the quality of pitching remains poor far more often than not.

It's like the movie....We need some marbles on the hill...nads

Baseball is 162 game marathon...adversity has hit and it will be interesting to watch some of these guys work through that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10-4, and I agree. When was this conversation? I've been outta the loop of all things Rangers somewhat for about a week.

I've got no issue whatsoever with Profar wanting and expecting to play his natural position next season.
What I read was pieced together from tweets by Stefan Stevenson and TR Sullivan.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and I believe it was yesterday after an on field workout session.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm posting stats, and you're resorting to semantics and insulting multiple board members.

Oh, would you like stats? OK...

here are the current top 10 Rangers by WAR for 2016:

1. Ian Desmond 3.8
2. Cole Hamels 3.2
3. Colby Lewis 3.1
4. Adrian Beltre 3.0
5. Sam Dyson 1.7
6. Martin Perez 1.6
7. Tony Barnette 1.6
8. Elvis Andrus 1.6
9. Ryan Rua 1.1
10. Matt Bush 1.0

Seems like overall, the pitchers who are pitching well are doing better than the hitters who are hitting well. Immediately, yes the Rangers are having a pitching crisis. Newsflash: Colby and Derek are on the DL. Griffin and Yu just got off it. The Rangers are running out starting pitchers they would otherwise never ever run out there. So I'm not really sure why it's considered a groundbreaking opinion to say that there are immediate pitching needs.

I'm also not really sure why people take it so personal to suggest there are issues with the offense when that is BY FAR the cause of the most whining on this board. Yeah, I said the offense sucks. And I really do apologize that hurt your feelings so much. I've been using the internet for about 25 years so sometimes I forget that some people take comments as fact and hard truths. I apparently wrongfully assumed that a little sports hyperbole happens from time to time. But I'll honestly try to be better about not being so critical about the offense. Those guys really are doing a great job.