• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Angelic visit to La La land 7/18-7/20

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Any other argument is invalid. They scored enough runs the past two games to win both of them, and the pitching shit the bed. Texas has an over 8 ERA in July. Don't give a fuck what the offense is doing if the pitching is allowing over 8 runs every 9 innings.

okay it's 7.17 ERA for July...
ugh so bad
t670c8.jpg

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the issue. 6 runs for this lineup against a patchwork Angels staff is not, as my father would say, cause for anyone to come in and flop it on the table.

That doesn't change the fact that 6 runs is enough to win. The last two nights are no different than what the offense was doing when on their hot run. The difference is pitching.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't change the fact that 6 runs is enough to win. The last two nights are no different than what the offense was doing when on their hot run. The difference is pitching.

Awesome. So what you're saying is that all the pissy little comments about the offense from last night are not rooted in any sort of reality, it's just a lot of y'all needing to whine. Well that certainly is good to know.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. So what you're saying is that all the pissy little comments about the offense from last night are not rooted in any sort of reality, it's just a lot of y'all needing to whine. Well that certainly is good to know.
Individual at bats will always garner angry comments. Rua and Mitch both had some shitty ABs. Doesn't mean the offense as a whole was terrible or is a problem.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they scored 6 against the fucking Angels?
So how many are they supposed to score? How many would a "good" offense score?

Why don't you take a look at how many runs other teams are scoring against the Angels. I guess they all suck too?

This argument of yours that because the offense isn't putting up more than 6 runs against "bad" teams, that makes them a problem, is just laughable.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Individual at bats will always garner angry comments. Rua and Mitch both had some shitty ABs. Doesn't mean the offense as a whole was terrible or is a problem.

Well, there's also:

Roogie's spot in the lineup
Mazara likely needing a AAA return
Fielder
Choo being hurt
lack of Profar
baserunning mistakes

but otherwise, everything is hunky dory

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument of yours that because the offense isn't putting up more than 6 runs against "bad" teams, that makes them a problem, is just laughable.

My argument is that there are issues with the offense. I know you think they are rocking and rolling, but they aren't from my vantage point.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's also:

Fielder
Choo being hurt
lack of Profar
baserunning mistakes

Choo being hurt, lack of Profar, and base running mistakes are all temporary issues. They aren't indicative of an offense that sucks in general.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument is that there are issues with the offense. I know you think they are rocking and rolling, but they aren't from my vantage point.
They could be better but six runs is enough if pitching is what it should be and it's not.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So got to witness first hand last night. What does it say about your organizational depth when Kyle Lohse is pitching for you? And I don't know if it was Banny's or Lohse fault for throwing a 3-1 slider over the plate against Pujols with 1st base open, but that is just plain bad baseball right there. Offense did enough to win. Pitching is downright abysmal. Rinse and repeat.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could be better but six runs is enough if pitching is what it should be and it's not.

yes, please don't make the mistake that saying something is wrong with the offense is somehow ignoring the issues with the pitching.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they are "rocking and rolling". You are jumping ahead and putting words into peoples' mouths to try and prove your point. I said the offense isn't the problem right now. Could they be better? Of course. But you're arguing that because they could be better, that means they "suck". Not true. While the offense could be a bit better, the pitching is losing them the games. The pitching is awful, not the offense.

Our bullpen ranks 29th out of 30. Our starting rotation is decimated by injuries and on most nights isn't making it out of the 5th inning. Yet our offense ranks 7th in MLB in runs. The offense is not the problem.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, please don't make the mistake that saying something is wrong with the offense is somehow ignoring the issues with the pitching.
You're becoming defensive and not realistic. Sorry you fail on this one.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only thing I bitched about were Mitch and Rua's pathetic at bats. Having those two back to back in the lineup killed us. I don't know who pissed in your corn flakes this morning, but suck it up, buttercup.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's also:

Fielder
Choo being hurt
lack of Profar
baserunning mistakes

Roogie looked great hitting in front of Beltre.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there's also:

Fielder
Choo being hurt
lack of Profar
baserunning mistakes

Those are all individual parts of a whole though. As a unit they get the job done more often than not despite individual struggles here and there.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pitching is awful, not the offense.

Honest question: do you think you're providing some sort of intuitive opinion with that?

The offense is not the problem.

And I'd sure love for you to point out where I said it was. Never once have I said "the offense is the reason games are being lost." Nope. Now, I guess I can see how someone could mistake "there are a lot of problems with the offense" with "the offense is the reason we are losing games".... wait, no I can't. Because I didn't fail reading comprehension in school.

True Rangers Fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are all individual parts of a whole though. As a unit they get the job done more often than not despite individual struggles here and there.

then if that's the case then I'd sure like everyone to shut the fuck up about Prince Fielder.