• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Moss in at ESPN; Ray Lewis, Cris Carter Out?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. He got rid of it. What does this have to do with anything? Everyone knows two thugs were killed and everyone knows the two thugs who killed them and why they killed them. This isn't a "whodunnit".
If everything is so cut and dry, why did he get rid of it? Doesn't seem much reason to do that to me unless he had something to hide.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everything is so cut and dry, why did he get rid of it? Doesn't seem much reason to do that to me unless he had something to hide.

He did have something to hide. He was a high profile player that was just involved in a very ugly incident. He didn't instigate the situation. He didn't kill anyone. He was going to be the one in the spotlight though. Who the hell would care about all the other thugs involved??? He freaking panicked and showed incredibly poor judgement. You act like potentially losing millions of dollars (and basically his life as he knew it) was not a reason to try and disassociate himself from that ugly, ugly incident.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have something to hide. He was a high profile player that was just involved in a very ugly incident. He didn't instigate the situation. He didn't kill anyone. He was going to be the one in the spotlight though. Who the hell would care about all the other thugs involved??? He freaking panicked and showed incredibly poor judgement. You act like potentially losing millions of dollars (and basically his life as he knew it) was not a reason to try and disassociate himself from that ugly, ugly incident.
That's all well and good, but he agreed to a plea deal, right? He told the truth about what happened and testified in exchange for murder charges to be dropped and just probation, no?

So why not come clean about the suit after that? If he's already told the truth, it definitely couldn't hurt him to come clean about the suit then, and maybe it could have helped get a conviction on the guys he was testifying against.

So like I said, no reason not to come clean about the suit at that point, unless he still had something to hide.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good, but he agreed to a plea deal, right? He told the truth about what happened and testified in exchange for murder charges to be dropped and just probation, no?

So why not come clean about the suit after that? If he's already told the truth, it definitely couldn't hurt him to come clean about the suit then, and maybe it could have helped get a conviction on the guys he was testifying against.

So like I said, no reason not to come clean about the suit at that point, unless he still had something to hide.

I don't know that he didn't come clean about the suit. I'm pretty sure those details wouldn't need to be told to the general public.

Ask yourself this...would any DA's office lower charges from murder to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction if they felt that person did, indeed, murder someone?

As far as the conviction of Oakley and Sweeting...this wasn't a "did they or didn't they kill Baker and Lollar". They did. This was a "was it or wasn't it justified".

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he didn't come clean about the suit. I'm pretty sure those details wouldn't need to be told to the general public.

Ask yourself this...would any DA's office lower charges from murder to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction if they felt that person did, indeed, murder someone?

As far as the conviction of Oakley and Sweeting...this wasn't a "did they or didn't they kill Baker and Lollar". They did. This was a "was it or wasn't it justified".
He's never come clean about the suit.

For the record, I don't think Ray murdered anyone, but his actions weren't exactly the actions of an innocent man, either. And for someone who loves laying down the God and religion card frequently, I find his evasiveness about the truth of that incident hypocritical. I'm mostly just glad that ESPN finally canned him so I don't have to listen to his sanctimonious, self righteous crap when I'm trying to watch Monday Night Countdown.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor about Lewis being gone is Neil Everrett was sifting through the trash cans in the back lot and found a white suit with blood on it.

They cut ties immediately.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's never come clean about the suit.

For the record, I don't think Ray murdered anyone, but his actions weren't exactly the actions of an innocent man, either. And for someone who loves laying down the God and religion card frequently, I find his evasiveness about the truth of that incident hypocritical. I'm mostly just glad that ESPN finally canned him so I don't have to listen to his sanctimonious, self righteous crap when I'm trying to watch Monday Night Countdown.

We'll agree to disagree to the first part. I'm pretty sure the details about the suit would have been addressed in the plea deal. I'm not sure how you can be so definitive that they weren't (unless, of course, you were working with the DA at the time).

I agree completely with the 2nd part. I never liked Ray Ray (outside of his play on the field).

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll agree to disagree to the first part. I'm pretty sure the details about the suit would have been addressed in the plea deal. I'm not sure how you can be so definitive that they weren't (unless, of course, you were working with the DA at the time).

I agree completely with the 2nd part. I never liked Ray Ray (outside of his play on the field).
Nope, the suit was never found.

Slayings not forgotten, Ray Lewis not forgiven

Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday— never was found.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You call me out on not understanding a situation then have no clue what actually happened when a Bronco player was killed.

I didn't say he murdered someone. I said he was involved in a situation that someone was murdered. He also did plead guilty in that case to obstruction of justice after striking a deal with the prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions. Throw in there is still a lot of suspicious information around that case. So again not sure he is the guy you want saying he has set the example for the organization. That doesn't mean he wasn't a great player as he is easily a 1st ballot HOF player. There really is no questioning that. There was talk though when that all happened in the Ravens organization of letting him go as they did not want to be associated with that. They decided to not cut him but from what I have read it was a real possibility that almost happened. So obviously the organization was not happy that one of their players was associated with murder.

Again, you have no clue and no one gives a hardy crap if you aren't sure or not....There was absolutely no talk in Baltimore that I ever heard of about cutting Ray, as a matter of fact, as soon as Ozzie and Modell talked to Ray, they made a public statement that they were standing with him through this ordeal....
No one in Baltimore including team mates and FO ever felt any added pressure about that ordeal, and he admitted that he made a mistake by hanging with the wrong kind of people, then never made that mistake again....
While going onto 2 SB wins, MVP awards and a sure 1st ballot HOF'mer....If that's not a role model to you then, you need to pinch yourself and wake up from your imaginary world....:rolleyes2:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tom Jackson.

He's a fat ugly buffoon, with lips so big his mama used him as a plunger...
And gee, I wonder why a homer Donkey fan loves him some TJ ????? :rolleyes2:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While going onto 2 SB wins, MVP awards and a sure 1st ballot HOF'mer....If that's not a role model to you then, you need to pinch yourself and wake up from your imaginary world....:rolleyes2:
If you think what someone accomplishes on the football field makes them a role model, you're even dumber than I thought.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a fat ugly buffoon, with lips so big his mama used him as a plunger...
And gee, I wonder why a homer Donkey fan loves him some TJ ????? :rolleyes2:
Yes, I like Tom Jackson because he was a Bronco, and I also find him entertaining. OH THE HORRORS!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think what someone accomplishes on the football field makes them a role model, you're even dumber than I thought.

Doesn't surprise me that you are too stupid to understand that high profile athletes head up many community projects to help the less fortunate, and Ray did all that, and shared his only mistake with college students advising them to avoid the pitfalls....
Now which one of those children in your avatar is you, Corky ???:doh: