• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy moss contract $2.5 mill

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
KW will be our 3rd(or round up the top 3 ATM) WR going in thus far....

Ginn can handle the 4th/5th option but s/b the primary return man. Bring him back i say!

How much would you pay Ginn? I'd say go ahead for $1 to 1.5 mil with incentives. Maybe $2 mil but wouldn't want to give up like $2.5 or $3 which he'll likely get. We need to address it though with someone good, because throwing duck tape at that position is a terrible idea.

Royal is definitely an intriguing guy. Could have Crabtree, Moss, Morgan, Royal, and a 1st rounder. Then even add a mid-round TE to upgrade Walker, and a RB to upgrade Dixon and this offense will improve a ton.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KW will be our 3rd(or round up the top 3 ATM) WR going in thus far....

Ginn can handle the 4th/5th option but s/b the primary return man. Bring him back i say!

Agree - I would take Ginn over Royal as well, but if we lose Ginn and can pick up Royal at a fair price - I would do that.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Redskins interested in Royal, I think fair price is out the window.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Redskins interested in Royal, I think fair price is out the window.

Do you think the current issues surrounding Washington over the cap will tame them any? I haven't been following any of the developments.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Brandon Boykin and let him handle the return duties.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the current issues surrounding Washington over the cap will tame them any? I haven't been following any of the developments.

They still have $18M of space. So they can get fancy pants with that.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would you pay Ginn? I'd say go ahead for $1 to 1.5 mil with incentives. Maybe $2 mil but wouldn't want to give up like $2.5 or $3 which he'll likely get. We need to address it though with someone good, because throwing duck tape at that position is a terrible idea.

Royal is definitely an intriguing guy. Could have Crabtree, Moss, Morgan, Royal, and a 1st rounder. Then even add a mid-round TE to upgrade Walker, and a RB to upgrade Dixon and this offense will improve a ton.

Yeah that's sounds right, i would even go with 2 to show good faith....

Ginn was a great returner for us last year... he's more than duck tape IMO. I know others view him differently.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ginn was a great returner for us last year... he's more than duck tape IMO. I know others view him differently.

As a major RS and a minor WR, I believe Ginn was ranked for production in the top-ten in that role before he became injured. I'm not sure what that is worth, but I would like to see him remain with the 49ers, that is for sure.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have $18M of space. So they can get fancy pants with that.

Yeah, but does that cover the rookie cap, replacing half the line, and finding at least two other legit WR/RB's?

With all they're investing in RG3, I don't see how they can possibly get into a bidding war for a slot receiver. They have too many holes just on the O side of the ball.

Of course, that's why Dan Snyder is Dan Snyder, so having said all that, I fully expect them to pay him like he's a top 3 WR and a top 3 kick returner.

Anybody expect RG3 to bide his time until he can sign an FA contract? I can't fathom he'd resign with that dysfunctional mess.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with incentives to get to $4 mill

Not too shabby. Low money low risk. Maybe high reward.

Didn't the sign Braylon Edwards last year for a lot less than that?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Braylon got like 1million with 3 million max incentives.

That's what I thought. I'm surpised they are offering Moss 2 and a half times that amount. They must have seen something they really liked.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the sign Braylon Edwards last year for a lot less than that?

We did but our situation at WR was a little different and I don't recall Edwards being a highly sought after commodity. Moss also may have increased his value by beginning his workouts in NO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree, what i liked most was......he was secure with the ball. and i liked this WAY before the NFC Championship game.