• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.2

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimbrel's going with the flow

I can't stop laughing at this...

I mean tears in eyes, pain in the belly laughing.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i KNOW this will piss jiddy off! :tongue:

Eh...I don't know a good handful of those other guys on the list because all I ever watch at this point is the White Sox...but I still love Timmy. This team is significantly worse when he is either out or not playing well that's all I know. It's crazy his impact.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...I don't know a good handful of those other guys on the list because all I ever watch at this point is the White Sox...but I still love Timmy. This team is significantly worse when he is either out or not playing well that's all I know. It's crazy his impact.
Timmy the Documentary is starting tomorrow on YouTube.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sox get impressed with Cespedes that he is ready for an MLB shot or nearly there - doesn't that make Gavin Sheets expendable?

The Sox really need to address the backup catcher position. Neither Collins nor Zavala is the answer there. The Backup catcher needs to be a 1st rate defensive catcher - who can throw runners out. Oh well - this is the first year since Grandal's arrival where he wasn't complaining about either his knee or his back.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever notice gio takes extended hikes after every k? i mean he must 'stroll' a mile during his outings. what is that all about?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever notice gio takes extended hikes after every k? i mean he must 'stroll' a mile during his outings. what is that all about?

Ego flexing. Chicks dig it. Old message board posters? Not so much.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimbrel 2/3’s of an inning 5 runs…. Fastball topped at 93. It’s only spring but they can’t have him looking like total shit. Going to be hard to dump

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimbrel 2/3’s of an inning 5 runs…. Fastball topped at 93. It’s only spring but they can’t have him looking like total shit. Going to be hard to dump
well, lynn didn't look so hot either.
kimbrel? i hate thinking about what we gave away for absolutely nothing. worse then nothing considering the money lost as well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Andrew Vaughn was a stock - I'd be buying all I could right now. He has a superior ability to focus on getter better at the plate and in the field and the pride to push himself to the limits doing so.

If he continues to success like I think he will - @Jiddy will no longer be my personal idol.

Other White Sox Stocks to buy:

Eloy - growth stock
Dylon Cease - will pay dividends
Moncada - because he's better than that.

Slower growth but solid investments:
Anderson - because he is always good
Robert - Even for him - it will be hard to outperform the hype
Grandal - Last year's numbers were off the charts - a repeat would be nice but not likely.
Lynn - I'll gladly take last year again.
Hendriks - another gladly
Abreu - 30 hrs - 100 rbis - a standard season for the great one.

Penny Stocks that may take off:
Vince Velasquez - We have a new "Coop will fix 'em - Katz will fix 'em.
Harrison - He will be a crowd favorite his hustle and heads up play. The Sox lineup may allow him to up his stats -by situational hitting.
Crochett - Nobody expects much from him this year - which is the kind of guy who shows up as vital to a season.
Keuchel - He is one of those guys who has forgotten more than most pitchers ever learn. He is certainly a Penny stock to start this year.
Miker Adolpho - He's ready - RF should be his - but he can't demonstrate day to day reliability on this roster. However, if there was a trade or some injuries - he might get in the lineup and not come out again.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Andrew Vaughn was a stock - I'd be buying all I could right now. He has a superior ability to focus on getter better at the plate and in the field and the pride to push himself to the limits doing so.

If he continues to success like I think he will - @Jiddy will no longer be my personal idol.

Other White Sox Stocks to buy:

Eloy - growth stock
Dylon Cease - will pay dividends
Moncada - because he's better than that.

Slower growth but solid investments:
Anderson - because he is always good
Robert - Even for him - it will be hard to outperform the hype
Grandal - Last year's numbers were off the charts - a repeat would be nice but not likely.
Lynn - I'll gladly take last year again.
Hendriks - another gladly
Abreu - 30 hrs - 100 rbis - a standard season for the great one.

Penny Stocks that may take off:
Vince Velasquez - We have a new "Coop will fix 'em - Katz will fix 'em.
Harrison - He will be a crowd favorite his hustle and heads up play. The Sox lineup may allow him to up his stats -by situational hitting.
Crochett - Nobody expects much from him this year - which is the kind of guy who shows up as vital to a season.
Keuchel - He is one of those guys who has forgotten more than most pitchers ever learn. He is certainly a Penny stock to start this year.
Miker Adolpho - He's ready - RF should be his - but he can't demonstrate day to day reliability on this roster. However, if there was a trade or some injuries - he might get in the lineup and not come out again.
Mingo has just become my new financial advisor!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, the MLB website has our pen ranked #2:

The sad part is with our rotation, it will be needed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rotation looks pretty good considering - Keuchel's last outing of 4.1 innings and zero runs given. We will see what Kopech has today or soon. The White Sox are still following A's pitchers around spring training. Hahn has made a lot of deals at the close of Spring Training. I get the sense the Gavin Sheets is going to be traded (no spotlight on him by the PR dept).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rotation looks pretty good considering - Keuchel's last outing of 4.1 innings and zero runs given. We will see what Kopech has today or soon. The White Sox are still following A's pitchers around spring training. Hahn has made a lot of deals at the close of Spring Training. I get the sense the Gavin Sheets is going to be traded (no spotlight on him by the PR dept).
When I said that sadly our rotation will require considerable usage of our pen, I primarily had Keuchel and Kopech in mind. Keuchel because I simply think he'll more often than not get hit early and hard. And Kopech, altho in his case it will be more that they'll have him on a shorter pitch count, at least early in the season. My concern for his short innings performance will wane as the season plows on. And while I'm hoping Cease takes another step forward, I still remain cautious over his inconsistency. That's 3/5 of our rotation.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal's best value may be primary DH and backup catcher.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hahn can make Kachel disappear and add one of those A's pitchers on the market - I'd have to say the team will have been improved over last year's prospects.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal's best value may be primary DH and backup catcher.

Why would Grandal be the backup catcher?

Just sign a god-damned starting pitcher FFS...I swear if we go and trade for some random catcher for a starting position as if that's our great offseason move....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Grandal be the backup catcher?

Just sign a god-damned starting pitcher FFS...I swear if we go and trade for some random catcher for a starting position as if that's our great offseason move....
This particular fleeting thought - is not so perplexing. Grandal's value is at the plate - get a catcher who can help hold guys on - throw them out and catch balls in the dirt. Occasional power for that Catcher would be nice for his offensive contribution. Grandal hits as a DH and catches a 1/3 of the games or less.

This will not happen because TLR doesn't feel like he is in charge of anything unless he can rotate the DH around - due to any number of variables or factors.

Personally - I find it hard to take when the ball skips by Grandal and runners get free bases. Giolito and Cease don't want to throw to him either - since they preferred Collins over Grandal as their catcher. And- I say this and I'm a fan of Grandal.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This particular fleeting thought - is not so perplexing. Grandal's value is at the plate - get a catcher who can help hold guys on - throw them out and catch balls in the dirt. Occasional power for that Catcher would be nice for his offensive contribution. Grandal hits as a DH and catches a 1/3 of the games or less.

This will not happen because TLR doesn't feel like he is in charge of anything unless he can rotate the DH around - due to any number of variables or factors.

Personally - I find it hard to take when the ball skips by Grandal and runners get free bases. Giolito and Cease don't want to throw to him either - since they preferred Collins over Grandal as their catcher. And- I say this and I'm a fan of Grandal.

Grandal is going to catch a lot more than 1/3 of his games...Probably like 3/4 of them. Giolito and Cease will have to compromise.