• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox dugout reminds me of some beer league softball teams I played on. I wonder if it is because of no fans in the stands or just a bunch of guys who like playing with each other.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's it going to look like when all the Sox hitters get hot at the same time?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Edwin's parrot should tell him he's not getting his option year with the Sox - unless he dramatically steps it up - Andrew Vaughn is waiting in the wings and so is Yermin.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Edwin's parrot should tell him he's not getting his option year with the Sox - unless he dramatically steps it up - Andrew Vaughn is waiting in the wings and so is Yermin.
maybe don't pick it up anyway cause i'm kinda anxious to see what vaughn can do.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No posts all morning.

It's gonna be ok guys. It was only one game. : D

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought today:

I honestly knew football season was coming...but it's this weekend?!? Not sure why I thought football was still on the horizon and not in a few days...but when I saw there was football tonight this morning I was like "Oh sh*t...We're here!!!" One could argue old age/senility starting to show...I blame Soxamania.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, WTF.........what's up with this new SportsHoopla format? Whatever happened to the old 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' mantra?

ChiTownCliff

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox seem to just have a WTF game once a week that reminds us how young they are, what the hell was Madrigal doing the oither night

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox seem to just have a WTF game once a week that reminds us how young they are, what the hell was Madrigal doing the oither night

Once a week is a lot better than what can be reasonably expected. This team catapulted. I still wouldn't expect much once we're in the dance...but next season we'll be the rankings/predictions/oddsmakers darlings if we have our pitching shored up even a little bit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an MVP statement performance by Jose tonight. There are still 15 games left, but I'd say at this point it's his award to lose.
Timmay remains hot with the bat AND the glove.
I swear almost half of the Sox hits tonite were opposite field.
Great to see Lopez toss his best game since..........shit, I have no idea when. But he did a good job of mixing his pitches and hitting the spots Grandal targeted for him.
Sadly, Moncada's play still looks quite lethargic.
Speaking of which, make no mistake about it, Robert has hit his rookie wall and is in danger of losing out on the ROY.
After looking so good all season, Cleveland has lately taken on the appearance of an ordinary ballclub. After tonite's loss against the Twins, they are suddenly 3.5 games behind us.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lopez had a good result last night, but 2 or 3 balls were caught at the outfield fence - held down maybe because of the rain - and the Mazara to Anderson to Grandal out at the plate - also saved a run. What I hope is that Lopez gets more comfortable with his defense - he has enough stuff to be a MLB starter.

It has been wonderful to behold Anderson and Abreu and the season they are having. Interesting that the two most veteran of the White Sox stars are the leaders on the field and in the clubhouse. Both have been plus defenders in the field - this season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since that doubleheader sweep by the Cardinals against us back on August 15th, we have gone 20-5.
Because our final 14 game schedule is brutal, we really needed to pack on the wins during this easier part of the schedule and we did just that.
I'm hoping we'll see Keuchel back on the mound in hopefully the last game against the Twins, or at least by the time we face the Reds.
Rodon being moved to the 45 day IL pretty much kisses off his season. Not that I was holding out much hope, but this is pretty much the nail in the coffin.
Giolito - Keuchel - Cease - Lopez - Stiever............ will this be our rotation to close out the season (not necessarily in that order)?
Our pen has been as good as advertised this year. Even if the pundits disagree, I'll continue to say this unit is amongst the top 10 in the game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since that doubleheader sweep by the Cardinals against us back on August 15th, we have gone 20-5.
Because our final 14 game schedule is brutal, we really needed to pack on the wins during this easier part of the schedule and we did just that.
I'm hoping we'll see Keuchel back on the mound in hopefully the last game against the Twins, or at least by the time we face the Reds.
Rodon being moved to the 45 day IL pretty much kisses off his season. Not that I was holding out much hope, but this is pretty much the nail in the coffin.
Giolito - Keuchel - Cease - Lopez - Stiever............ will this be our rotation to close out the season (not necessarily in that order)?
Our pen has been as good as advertised this year. Even if the pundits disagree, I'll continue to say this unit is amongst the top 10 in the game.
and Dunning....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Dunning....
Holy shit, I left off DUNNING??? LOL, what a dunce. But you know what, that makes for a nice option, especially if Keuchel is out for a longer time than we all hope. Dunning definitely belongs in the rotation, and the way he's pitching, I'd go as far as saying he's our #2 starter, at least until Keuchel returns.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu's beaded beard - is a Viking fashion accoutrement - proof that the Vikings discovered Cuba - or Cubans discovered the Vikings.

To Mazara's credit he is not selfishly swinging to pound HRs, but just trying to contribute. This may be his only season as a White Sox player, but I respect what he is doing to contribute - it's not going to help his next contract.

Codi Heuer and Matt Foster - are two very important unsung heroes for this year's success.

Tim Anderson is a total beast at the plate.

Still gunning for 40 wins.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting trivia question (and one for which I do not know the answer). Right now Abreu leads the league in RBIs and TA leads in hitting. If the season ends this way, it will have meant that two players on the same team won the respective batting and RBI titles in back-back seasons. Has this ever been accomplished before? Inquiring minds want to know.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1908 - 09 honus wagner for pittsburgh won both batting and rbi titles.
same years ty cobb did the same.
hornsby '20, '21, '22 3 years!