• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.....imagine what this board would be like if we lost 3 or 4 in a row.

75e2ded879c3f153e1db499743013b40.jpg

That would likely lead to lynch mob violence. ;)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, since we're posting here on the fantastic Random Thoughts page, created by brother Mingo - I like that we have a topic where there is no singular topic - here's my newest random thought. I really don't like the new format of NBC Sports Chicago's website. They need to return to the previous one or if they insist on creating a new format, trash this and come up with something better. Thank you.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Tom Seaver - got his 300th win as a White Sox - just like Early Winn did 4 decades earlier.

One of baseball's greats.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonite's game, Robert is presently tied for 6th in HRs and tied for 8th in RBIs in the AL.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After tonite's game, Robert is presently tied for 6th in HRs and tied for 8th in RBIs in the AL.

It's just amazing to watch the bat swing on Robert's HR last night - very sweet.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Yoan be placed on the 10 day IL in order for him to get his strength back and heal his leg problem? This article doesn't touch on it, but I'm wondering if this might best for him and Sox in the long haul, which we now all consider includes the playoffs.

Moncada: 'My body hasn't felt the same after the virus'

I was thinking the same thing - get Moncada a week to 10 days of rest and get him ready for the playoffs. Yomer and Mendick can share the position for a while. Yomer needs more Abs anyway.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense? Robert is elite at that, too

Nice stats on Robert's defensive standing in the league after a month of games.
I've been wondering about the actual metrics of Robert's D. Just visually he looks outstanding when he's patrolling CF, but it's nice to see the stats back this up as well.

If the ROY vote was held today, just based on offensive numbers, Luis would actually have a hard time holding off Seattle's very talented CF, Kyle Lewis, who's having his own monster year at the plate. But I've been thinking that the difference could come down to defense, and the list confirms that Robert is well ahead of Lewis in this department.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering about the actual metrics of Robert's D. Just visually he looks outstanding when he's patrolling CF, but it's nice to see the stats back this up as well.

If the ROY vote was held today, just based on offensive numbers, Luis would actually have a hard time holding off Seattle's very talented CF, Kyle Lewis, who's having his own monster year at the plate. But I've been thinking that the difference could come down to defense, and the list confirms that Robert is well ahead of Lewis in this department.

Robert would have it locked up if he didn't reach like an asshole for so many balls low and away a foot+ off the plate.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert would have it locked up if he didn't reach like an asshole for so many balls low and away a foot+ off the plate.
I think in time he'll develop this discipline. That's one thing about Lewis, his only real competition for ROY. He has no trouble laying off bad pitches. So you're right, if Robert had that same discipline, there wouldn't even be a conversation in regards to the award.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in time he'll develop this discipline. That's one thing about Lewis, his only real competition for ROY. He has no trouble laying off bad pitches. So you're right, if Robert had that same discipline, there wouldn't even be a conversation in regards to the award.

I haven't been as excited for a player like Robert since honestly Big Hurt. That's a huge f*cking pedestal. But I think he's gonna be that guy. He's ridiculous. Yeah, he swings like an asshole sometimes...but whatever. Rookies do that. Dude makes the game look easy. That whole MVP thing you guys were selling me about Moncada the past couple years? Robert is all of that and more.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
File these little tidbits in the "Whuda Thunk" folder:

*Of the 115 World Series that have been played, just 51 have been won by the team with the best record in the regular season. That's less than half (44% to be more precise).

*From 1969 through 1993, when the postseason consisted of two rounds (i.e., the LCS and the World Series), the best team in the regular season won the World Series just 36 percent of the time.

*Since 1995, when the Division Series first appeared on the scene and gave us a third round of postseason play, the best team in the regular season has won the World Series just 24 percent of the time.

It's almost getting to be a curse to end the season with the overall best record.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see......

Kinda nice to have us win a game without needing a home run.
Our pitchers keep throwing way too many pitches.
Obtaining at least one dependable, experienced starter and at least one likewise reliever is fast becoming a must have on Hahn's to-do list for the offseason.
It's still way too early to declare as such, but Madrigal sure is beginning to look like that perfect 9 hole hitter.
There's too much speed on this team to be 29th in stolen bases.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to steal bases when you are playing on a home run machine.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just thinking how perfect it is to have Madrigal batting 9th and getting on base for Anderson - Moncada - Abreu - Jimenez - Encarnacion - and whoever is catching.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been as excited for a player like Robert since honestly Big Hurt. That's a huge f*cking pedestal. But I think he's gonna be that guy. He's ridiculous. Yeah, he swings like an asshole sometimes...but whatever. Rookies do that. Dude makes the game look easy. That whole MVP thing you guys were selling me about Moncada the past couple years? Robert is all of that and more.

One thing about Thomas though, he never did do that rookie thing, he had a good eye and plate discipline from the jump.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about Thomas though, he never did do that rookie thing, he had a good eye and plate discipline from the jump.

I remember hoarding his rookie cards as a kid because he was the next big thing from day 1...and yeah, he never disappointed at the plate until way, way late in his career...which is understandable.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please God in Heaven, don't let Keuchel's back be anything thing more than just some minor stiffness (and I'm not even religious).
I'm getting to the point where I openly wince when Cordero and Cishek enter the game. But thankfully Marshall is proving that last year was no fluke. And even tho he didn't pitch today, Heuer is beginning to look like a stud in the making.
Looks like Grandal and Encarnacion are coming around. To a lesser extent so is Mazara, but where's that power we were promised?
Anyone have the skinny on Alex Macrae? I like that he came in the 9th for mop up and shut the Royals down.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please God in Heaven, don't let Keuchel's back be anything thing more than just some minor stiffness (and I'm not even religious).
I'm getting to the point where I openly wince when Cordero and Cishek enter the game. But thankfully Marshall is proving that last year was no fluke. And even tho he didn't pitch today, Heuer is beginning to look like a stud in the making.
Looks like Grandal and Encarnacion are coming around. To a lesser extent so is Mazara, but where's that power we were promised?
Anyone have the skinny on Alex Macrae? I like that he came in the 9th for mop up and shut the Royals down.

He was drafted by the Pirates - had a crappy minor league career - until Altoona where he had an ERA of 3.68 - did not distinguish himself with a cup of coffee with the Pirates and they outrighted him. Sox signed him as a FA prior to spring training.

Cooper is supposed to fix him. Reminds me - I saw Coop smoking a cigarette at the railing of the dugout during one camera pan today while McCrae was in (FWIW).