• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I see where richi gets it...
___

5. Chicago White Sox

Record: 30-16
Playoff probability: 100%
Week 6 ranking: 9

OK, Luis Robert came with a lot of hype as one of the top prospects in the majors, but potential MVP? Nobody expected that. Yet if the vote were held today he might finish highest among AL position players (Cleveland starter Shane Bieber is probably the favorite). Teammates Jose Abreu and Tim Anderson -- contending for a second straight batting title (now that's a surprise) -- are up there as well.

___

Everybody dogging TA and all he does is score touchdowns. Buncha haters. Best leadoff in baseball come at me bros.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't find a case of two teammates doing it.
Yeah, that's why I thought it might be a first, assuming it happens of course. It's hard enough for any player to repeat a title, but two players doing it and on the same club at that? Just sounded like it's never been done before.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I thought it might be a first, assuming it happens of course. It's hard enough for any player to repeat a title, but two players doing it and on the same club at that? Just sounded like it's never been done before.

I was trying to think if anyone won the triple crown two years in a row - couldn't think of an example there either.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think if anyone won the triple crown two years in a row - couldn't think of an example there either.

Does Grandal 2021/2022 count?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the White Sox only have to go 9-4 to get to 40 wins and I will look much smarter than I should. Whose it betting against 40 wins now? That would be .750 baseball that would translate to 121.5 wins in a regular season of games. I do not think any team in MLB history has played a season with a .750 winning percentage.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the White Sox only have to go 9-4 to get to 40 wins and I will look much smarter than I should. Whose it betting against 40 wins now? That would be .750 baseball that would translate to 121.5 wins in a regular season of games. I do not think any team in MLB history has played a season with a .750 winning percentage.
Actually, 40-20 is .667 pct. Over a full season it would equate to 108 wins. But that would still be fantastic, so I'm with you on the enthusiasm level. :hammer:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, 40-20 is .667 pct. Over a full season it would equate to 108 wins. But that would still be fantastic, so I'm with you on the enthusiasm level. :hammer:
LOL - Thanks LSD - I think I took too much LSD in my youth to compute so well. :) For some reason I was thinking 3 out of 4 - when it is obviously - 2 out of 3.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled this gem from an article on the ESPN White Sox home page:

"The White Sox are 21-5 since Aug. 16, the best record in baseball in that span. We have to consider them the best team in the American League, right? They have the best overall record and the biggest run differential, and they are blazing hot and confident right now. In those 26 games, they're hitting .292/.356/.517 and averaging 6.4 runs per game. This offense resembles ... well, the Twins' offense of last season. The Twins, however, do not possess that same record-breaking firepower, with only Cruz matching or exceeding last year's numbers. The Twins scored a whopping 231 more runs than the White Sox in 2019. The White Sox have outscored the Twins by 33 runs so far in 2020.

The White Sox are World Series contenders for more than the offense, though. They have a legit ace in Lucas Giolito, and Dallas Keuchel is 6-2 with a 2.19 ERA and two home runs allowed (he missed his previous start because of back spasms but is scheduled to start the series finale Thursday against Twins ace Kenta Maeda). Renteria has cobbled together an effective, if no-name, bullpen. Colome has been around, of course, and though he doesn't have the flashiest stuff or strikeout rate, he gets the job done and is 11-for-12 in save chances. Marshall and Matt Foster have been excellent, Codi Heuer has allowed nine hits in 17.2 innings, veteran Ross Detwiler has a 1.56 ERA, and Gio Gonzalez is pitching out of the pen to give the team another lefty. The White Sox are not just exciting -- they're also really good." -- David Schoenfield

I completely forgot the huge difference between our offense and the Twins from '19 - I honestly thought we weren't that bad. Obviously we were, or at least the Twins were that good. What a difference a season makes, even an abbreviated one. I also like reading that Dallas will take the mound on Thursday.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled this gem from an article on the ESPN White Sox home page:

I completely forgot the huge difference between our offense and the Twins from '19 - I honestly thought we weren't that bad. Obviously we were, or at least the Twins were that good. What a difference a season makes, even an abbreviated one. I also like reading that Dallas will take the mound on Thursday.

We were really bad last year. I'm going to be on my deathbed still trying to figure out how we turned it around so fast...I'm trying to think of a turnaround this unreal...where a team had an expected w/l in the 60's plays on a 100+ win pace the following season. I'm sure there's some out there, but not many.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were really bad last year. I'm going to be on my deathbed still trying to figure out how we turned it around so fast...I'm trying to think of a turnaround this unreal...where a team had an expected w/l in the 60's plays on a 100+ win pace the following season. I'm sure there's some out there, but not many.
there has been a number of 'worst to first' teams ...we weren't even worst! :)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing about taking these first two games against Minny is in the worst case scenario and the series ends up in a split, they leave town still in 2nd place.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing about taking these first two games against Minny is in the worst case scenario and the series ends up in a split, they leave town still in 2nd place.
The nice thing about the Sox winning 1 more game of this series - is that it will tie the head to head. The other nice thing - if they sweep the Sox will win the head to head (and that's another game lead in the standings).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nice thing about the Sox winning 1 more game of this series - is that it will tie the head to head. The other nice thing - if they sweep the Sox will win the head to head (and that's another game lead in the standings).
Not to mention it would also serve as a tiebreaker in the event the Twins caught up to us by season's end.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true - the White Sox have done so much winning - any game they might lose will shock me.

The only other time in Sox history that I can remember when they were this hot was the 2nd half of the 1983 season - after going .500 play for the first half those Sox ending up winning100 games. Lamar Hoyt had one of the great season's of all time - getting the Cy Young award - also Floyd Bannister was 2nd in KOs that year - Ron Kittle and Greg Luzinski - Rudy Law.

This Sox team really grinds at the plate. When they get a few baserunners - you can see them destroying the pitcher's confidence.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true - the White Sox have done so much winning - any game they might lose will shock me.

The only other time in Sox history that I can remember when they were this hot was the 2nd half of the 1983 season - after going .500 play for the first half those Sox ending up winning100 games. Lamar Hoyt had one of the great season's of all time - getting the Cy Young award - also Floyd Bannister was 2nd in KOs that year - Ron Kittle and Greg Luzinski - Rudy Law.

This Sox team really grinds at the plate. When they get a few baserunners - you can see them destroying the pitcher's confidence.

Excellent memory!! I've mentioned in the past that even tho we didn't make it to the WS that year, I've always felt the '83 squad was the best White Sox team in my lifetime, which dates me back to even the Go-Go era, and even better than the '05 WS champs. They just happened to run into a playoff-experienced buzzsaw in the Baltimore Orioles........who went on to demolish the Phillies for the title.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my 83 playoffs program in the house somewhere in a closet lol. I came across it about a year ago and was blown away by the prices of tickets...

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pen continues to be the strength of the pitching staff. Actually, home runs aside, it doesn't appear that Lopez was all that bad today, but nonetheless we needed yet another long bailout from the pen and we got it. Most of them have been outstanding all season long. Two in particular I've had on my shit list, Cordero and Cishek, mainly because I expected much better from both when the season began. I'm removing Cordero from said list, temporarily at least, because he's been pretty solid the past 5 or 6 outings. Cishek tho remains on it.

As for our closer Colome, not gonna lie. I'd wince each time he came out for a save opportunity, even when he was successful on a number of those occasions. But I've grown to the point of considering him quite dependable now.