• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pen continues to be the strength of the pitching staff. Actually, home runs aside, it doesn't appear that Lopez was all that bad today, but nonetheless we needed yet another long bailout from the pen and we got it. Most of them have been outstanding all season long. Two in particular I've had on my shit list, Cordero and Cishek, mainly because I expected much better from both when the season began. I'm removing Cordero from said list, temporarily at least, because he's been pretty solid the past 5 or 6 outings. Cishek tho remains on it.

As for our closer Colome, not gonna lie. I'd wince each time he came out for a save opportunity, even when he was successful on a number of those occasions. But I've grown to the point of considering him quite dependable now.
Yeah, I'm thinking Cordero has been over used by Renteria - and then started to get rocked. He pitches fine on rest.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pen continues to be the strength of the pitching staff. Actually, home runs aside, it doesn't appear that Lopez was all that bad today, but nonetheless we needed yet another long bailout from the pen and we got it. Most of them have been outstanding all season long. Two in particular I've had on my shit list, Cordero and Cishek, mainly because I expected much better from both when the season began. I'm removing Cordero from said list, temporarily at least, because he's been pretty solid the past 5 or 6 outings. Cishek tho remains on it.

As for our closer Colome, not gonna lie. I'd wince each time he came out for a save opportunity, even when he was successful on a number of those occasions. But I've grown to the point of considering him quite dependable now.
i had been calling for letting colome go, but that's when i thought we had a closer in dunning. now i'm thinking maybe we should sign him for another season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had been calling for letting colome go, but that's when i thought we had a closer in dunning. now i'm thinking maybe we should sign him for another season.
I think it is Bummer who was going to be the future closer - and will probably still be the replacement next season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be interesting. In fact, I have a sneaking hunch the Sox plan on making him only a qualifying offer, so that he either accepts that one year deal or if he walks, we get a compensatory draft pick. Then turning to Heuer or Bummer to take over the closer role.

Edit - the above statement remains, but only if it's accurate. I'm not sure if Colome can be given a qualifying offer. I'm always in the stage of DUH when it comes to contract/union issues.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let's be honest here..............who thought at the start of this campaign that we'd have 33 wins at the 50 game mark. I remember saying we'd win no more than 33 games for the entire 60 game season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will one more time and for the last time become a huge Cubs fan this weekend. Beat them Twins!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox only have to win 7 of the last 10 to hit 40 wins - allowing me to press my fraudulent case as baseball expert - par excellence.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys hear about this?

I don't recall anyone talking about this move. Perhaps it's only a short term situation, but still it was kind of a surprise to read it. Mendick hasn't had a great season by any measure, but he's dependable and versatile. My guess is Yolmer's return to the ballclub has played a role in this decision, altho it's not mentioned in the article.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys hear about this?

I don't recall anyone talking about this move. Perhaps it's only a short term situation, but still it was kind of a surprise to read it. Mendick hasn't had a great season by any measure, but he's dependable and versatile. My guess is Yolmer's return to the ballclub has played a role in this decision, altho it's not mentioned in the article.
bummer for mendick.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
month of september:
robert .111 - 1 hr - 6 rbi's - 22k/54ab
moncada .183 - 0 hr - 4 rbi's - 21k/49ab

but hey .... keep throwing them out there because we NEED them!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I enjoyed hearing Tim Anderson talking to AJ while out in the field - I'm shocked MLB allows this practice. One of these days they will be talking to a player in the field and it will effect the outcome of a play.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
month of september:
robert .111 - 1 hr - 6 rbi's - 22k/54ab
moncada .183 - 0 hr - 4 rbi's - 21k/49ab

but hey .... keep throwing them out there because we NEED them!

I mean...Who are you replacing them with?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sanchez at third and engal in center. no drop in fielding and better hitting

Then who is in right? No Maz? You’d rather Engel supplant Robert over him?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes! and i'm not suggesting it's permanent. i'm talking a couple games.

Couple games? Eh thats fair. Not sure it’s gonna help the K problems for this season though. That’s just what Moncada does and Robert is still a babe.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That buddy of mine who is my local White Sox friend - and decided to turn in his fan badge over politics - texted me yesterday. Like @Jiddy predicted - he couldn't resist checking the standings - and then texted me back and forth last night wanting the season details.
The guy ended up punishing himself for his culture war stupidity.

He's back - so the Sox can get off the snide now and build some momentum for the playoffs.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That buddy of mine who is my local White Sox friend - and decided to turn in his fan badge over politics - texted me yesterday. Like @Jiddy predicted - he couldn't resist checking the standings - and then texted me back and forth last night wanting the season details.
The guy ended up punishing himself for his culture war stupidity.

He's back - so the Sox can get off the snide now and build some momentum for the playoffs.

That's what I'm talkin' about. We're in the dance for the first time in over a decade and knee deep in the division title battle and NOW you want to throw in the towel cuz of politics? Hasn't this dude ever listened to "We Didn't Start the Fire?"