• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn with tonite's game between the Twins and Indians. On the one hand, if the Tribe wins, we're just half a game out of 1st place in the Central, altho along with them as well. Then again if the Twins win, we'd be alone in second place, which we all know represents a guaranteed spot in the playoffs.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn with tonite's game between the Twins and Indians. On the one hand, if the Tribe wins, we're just half a game out of 1st place in the Central, altho along with them as well. Then again if the Twins win, we'd be alone in second place, which we all know represents a guaranteed spot in the playoffs.
i think we're currently #4 in the league. pretty much guaranteed anyway.
plus i'll go with being tied in losses for the lead.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we're currently #4 in the league. pretty much guaranteed anyway.
plus i'll go with being tied in losses for the lead.
I'm not sure how they had the Sox technically in 2nd place as of this morning even tho we were tied with Cleveland (obviously once we beat the Pirates earlier today, we temporarily took over sole possession). Since the Tribe has beaten us more times head-head, one would think that would be the first tiebreaker and thus they would be in 2nd.

And that's been leading me to wonder how will the leagues handle tiebreakers, especially tiebreakers when the teams involved are in different divisions. Anyone have the breakdowns?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how they had the Sox technically in 2nd place as of this morning even tho we were tied with Cleveland (obviously once we beat the Pirates earlier today, we temporarily took over sole possession). Since the Tribe has beaten us more times head-head, one would think that would be the first tiebreaker and thus they would be in 2nd.

And that's been leading me to wonder how will the leagues handle tiebreakers, especially tiebreakers when the teams involved are in different divisions. Anyone have the breakdowns?

It's run differential. :) Sox tied for 2nd MLB to the Dodgers.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's run differential. :) Sox tied for 2nd MLB to the Dodgers.
Oh that's it? Hmmm, I would think head-head would normally rule the day, and only with teams that don't face each other or face common opponents would run differential come into play. But hey, I'm not complaining, at least not at this point. Thanks for clearing this up.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that's it? Hmmm, I would think head-head would normally rule the day, and only with teams that don't face each other or face common opponents would run differential come into play. But hey, I'm not complaining, at least not at this point. Thanks for clearing this up.

I was just joking LSD, but it could be. :) It was, however, a valid way to account for the White Sox being listed in 2nd place - or in the higher 2nd place - since head to head didn't work.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...We get KC this weekend? Well sh*t...I had it in my brain that it was Minny...That's fine...I'm cool watching us smash the Royals, but I was kinda geeked up to see us take on the Twins and see how it looked second go. Gotta wait a few more days...Eh well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just joking LSD, but it could be. :) It was, however, a valid way to account for the White Sox being listed in 2nd place - or in the higher 2nd place - since head to head didn't work.
I'm gullible, so I bought into it. :yahoo:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gullible, so I bought into it. :yahoo:

Everything to know about expanded playoffs

What if there’s a tie (for a division championship or other postseason spot) at the conclusion of the regular season?

All ties will be resolved mathematically. No additional games will be played to break any ties. With an expanded postseason field, there is less incentive to play additional games, and this method allows for an expedited schedule that doesn’t push the World Series into November.

The first tiebreaker is head-to-head record (if applicable). If that’s also a tie, the next tiebreaker is intradivision record. If that’s still a tie, the next is record in the final 20 division games (plus one until the tie is broken).

So the Division Series could technically feature zero division winners?

Correct. Every team has to fight its way to that second round.

Will the higher seed be the “true” home team for all three games of the Wild Card Series (i.e. bat last)?

Yes. Having all three games in one location contributes to the aforementioned expedited schedule and also serves as a reward for regular-season performance.

Will this postseason structure be used in future years?

This format is only in effect for 2020. As with all things related to the pandemic, there is always a chance of scheduling and other changes in 2021. But any temporary or permanent changes to postseason structure must be collectively bargained. The current Collective Bargaining Agreement expires after 2021.

When does the postseason begin?

The best-of-three Wild Card Series will run from Tuesday, Sept. 29, through Friday, Oct. 2. The entire postseason schedule will be announced in the weeks ahead.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bro, I honestly couldn't find any info on how the the tiebreakers would be determined. This pretty much follows the same guidelines as other pro sport tiebreakers. Problem solved.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a good friend here in Texas - he's relocated from Chicago and we have been White Sox buddies in this strange land.

This year he has sworn off the White Sox and all professional sports because of the player sentiment recently expressed in favor of the Black Lives Matter issue. Now we don't have anything to talk about. I feel sad for him - missing this run of games.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a good friend here in Texas - he's relocated from Chicago and we have been White Sox buddies in this strange land.

This year he has sworn off the White Sox and all professional sports because of the player sentiment recently expressed in favor of the Black Lives Matter issue. Now we don't have anything to talk about. I feel sad for him - missing this run of games.
He's probably keeping up with all the action, but pretending he doesn't. We Sox fans are too starved for success to completely ignore what's taking place this season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably keeping up with all the action, but pretending he doesn't. We Sox fans are too starved for success to completely ignore what's taking place this season.

I've had that thought too, but I see it through the prism of my experience. My friend is a stubborn SOB, but this is an emotional responce rather than a logical one - is my guess.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he was a good friend of mine....I would go up to him before the start of a Sox game, stare at him in silence for at least 60 seconds with nary a word, creating as much discomfort between us as I could. After said period of uncomfortable silence, I would put on my White Sox hat, look him dead in the eye and say "Quit being a b*tch and come on."

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some impressive team stats to date. In the major categories we lead the AL in the following:

BA
H
HR
TB
SLG
OPS

We are 3rd in:

RS
RBI
OBP

Not bad, not bad at all. If there's one semi-negative caveat to these rankings, it would be that even tho we lead the league in hits and BA, we're only 3rd in RS. That tells me we're still leaving a few too many men on base. But that's being a bit picky.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some impressive team stats to date. In the major categories we lead the AL in the following:

BA
H
HR
TB
SLG
OPS

We are 3rd in:

RS
RBI
OBP

Not bad, not bad at all. If there's one semi-negative caveat to these rankings, it would be that even tho we lead the league in hits and BA, we're only 3rd in RS. That tells me we're still leaving a few too many men on base. But that's being a bit picky.

Not officially paper champions until you confirm top 5 in BABIP.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a good friend of mine....I would go up to him before the start of a Sox game, stare at him in silence for at least 60 seconds with nary a word, creating as much discomfort between us as I could. After said period of uncomfortable silence, I would put on my White Sox hat, look him dead in the eye and say "Quit being a b*tch and come on."

He gave me the White Sox hat too. LOL

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your friend sounds like a gay.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'll watch when we're playing in the world series.

:)