• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is almost laughably hard for me to understand this new feeling as a White Sox fan - that I am a fan of a team that can be explosive offensively. I like it.

Suffice to say - in a 60 game season today's game is important. The White Sox can hit with these guys - I feel pretty good about today's game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's the anniversary of Robin Ventura getting 6 straight hits off Nolan Ryan.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My random thoughts...........this is a good ballclub. No quitting with these guys, and another come-from-behinder. I have no idea if we'll make the playoffs or if there will even be any playoffs. All I know is this team doesn't give up.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My random thoughts...........this is a good ballclub. No quitting with these guys, and another come-from-behinder. I have no idea if we'll make the playoffs or if there will even be any playoffs. All I know is this team doesn't give up.

And the team the Sox have on IR - is formidable too.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the team the Sox have on IR - is formidable too.
We are the very definition of the walking wounded these days. Let's hope none of these latest setbacks last too long. In the meantime, it's one of those next man up scenarios. If everyone does their jobs we'll get by.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More random thoughts (great initial post, Mingo, this can be a running thread for the remainder of the season). On this one, I'm gonna concentrate on the upcoming schedule. The next 23 games will determine whether we will have improved our chances at playing into October or simply say wait till next year. Because for the most part these next 23 games play strongly into our favor.

Quickly, to summarize:
2 vs Brewers
3 vs Cleve

3 at Detroit
3 vs Cards
4 vs Detroit

3 at Cubs
2 vs Pitt
3 vs KC

A whopping 20 of these 23 games feature home cooking. Now granted, with the elimination of fans, the advantage of home field has been somewhat reduced in importance. But I'm sure players still prefer to make a short drive to their homes after the game vs plane/bus trips and living out of suitcases. Only 6 of these games are we the visitors and 3 of them are against the cross-town Cubbies - hence more home cooking.

Now technically, only one of the upcoming opponents at this point has a winning record, the Cubs. Doesn't mean we take the other teams for granted, not by a long shot. Cleveland? the Cards? Even the Brewers who we've just beat two straight? Those are tough teams by any measure. But nonetheless, it does present a favorable opportunity for the Good Guys to gain some ground in the race for one of the playoff spots. We need to take advantage of this.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've ever seen a power hitter where his best homer shots are to dead centerfield. Eloy is certainly unique. The bonus is he keeps the other players loose with his personality.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've ever seen a power hitter where his best homer shots are to dead centerfield. Eloy is certainly unique. The bonus is he keeps the other players loose with his personality.
I don't think I'm exaggerating too much when I say Eloy might just be the most upbeat, fun-loving baseball player the city of Chicago has seen since Mr. Cub himself, the legendary Ernie Banks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More random thoughts (great initial post, Mingo, this can be a running thread for the remainder of the season). On this one, I'm gonna concentrate on the upcoming schedule. The next 23 games will determine whether we will have improved our chances at playing into October or simply say wait till next year. Because for the most part these next 23 games play strongly into our favor.

Quickly, to summarize:
2 vs Brewers
3 vs Cleve

3 at Detroit
3 vs Cards
4 vs Detroit

3 at Cubs
2 vs Pitt
3 vs KC

A whopping 20 of these 23 games feature home cooking. Now granted, with the elimination of fans, the advantage of home field has been somewhat reduced in importance. But I'm sure players still prefer to make a short drive to their homes after the game vs plane/bus trips and living out of suitcases. Only 6 of these games are we the visitors and 3 of them are against the cross-town Cubbies - hence more home cooking.

Now technically, only one of the upcoming opponents at this point has a winning record, the Cubs. Doesn't mean we take the other teams for granted, not by a long shot. Cleveland? the Cards? Even the Brewers who we've just beat two straight? Those are tough teams by any measure. But nonetheless, it does present a favorable opportunity for the Good Guys to gain some ground in the race for one of the playoff spots. We need to take advantage of this.

I'm sure the White Sox will do well at home because they have the best cardboard cutout fans in the league. Plus the Sox know how to use the prevailing winds very well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm exaggerating too much when I say Eloy might just be the most upbeat, fun-loving baseball player the city of Chicago has seen since Mr. Cub himself, the legendary Ernie Banks.

"Let's play two!"

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the playoffs happen, the Sox are a lock. They are easily among the top 8 teams in the AL

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the playoffs happen, the Sox are a lock. They are easily among the top 8 teams in the AL

I don't know how I'm going to make it in this brave new world of finding myself wanting to agree with msg...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old hitting coach is probably telling himself - he could done just as well with this lineup.

I hope Madrigal doesn't add fragile to his too small - no power knock. I really like his game. His pivot on the double play started by Moncada's 90 MPH throw to 2nd was as fast as I've ever seen -and his throw was right on the glove with pace. I like his baserunning too - he was out at third on his injury slide, but the Brewers had to play perfectly to tag him. I'll take those odds - most of the time.

Yermin Mercedes got his one at bat and back to Shaumberg - poor guy.

Delmonico must be sitting on the least secure chair on this roster.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old hitting coach is probably telling himself - he could done just as well with this lineup.

I hope Madrigal doesn't add fragile to his too small - no power knock. I really like his game. His pivot on the double play started by Moncada's 90 MPH throw to 2nd was as fast as I've ever seen -and his throw was right on the glove with pace. I like his baserunning too - he was out at third on his injury slide, but the Brewers had to play perfectly to tag him. I'll take those odds - most of the time.

Anyone know how bad the Madrigal injury is?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't agree with this. That was a dumbass go. The whole f*cking planet talks about Robert's exit velocity over and over and over...How did he not know the ball was going to be fielded much sooner than typical? AND he got himself injured in the process. Garcia always had a good arm to boot. That play was a noobfail. He killed our rally while it was heading into the big boys.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with this. That was a dumbass go. The whole f*cking planet talks about Robert's exit velocity over and over and over...How did he not know the ball was going to be fielded much sooner than typical? AND he got himself injured in the process. Garcia always had a good arm to boot. That play was a noobfail. He killed our rally while it was heading into the big boys.

And that's what makes baseball fun.

I agree the decision Madrigal made is easily second guessed. Saying he shouldn't have gone is virtually unassailable. Great baserunners, however, are not judged by how perfect they are at avoiding outs, but by how much anxiety they provide for the defense to make the play. It was a perfect throw that got him - he wasn't embarrassingly too far from being safe. He didn't make the final out at 3rd either. The next guy who fields a ball while Madrigal is running the bases - knows he has to make a perfect throw too.

If the throw was wild - he would have been a had a change to break the game open by aggressive base running. In my experience there are more wild throws than perfect ones from the outfield to the bag. In my judgement it was a good risk.

But hey - I've liked the guy since he was drafted - so I could have blinders on.